Supreme Court takes up major Second Amendment case
John Kruzel 28 mins ago

Supreme Court set to take up major Second Amendment case

The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear a challenge to restrictions on carrying firearms outside the home, teeing up a potentially landmark dispute over the scope of the Second Amendment.

a large stone building: Supreme Court takes up major Second Amendment case© Greg Nash Supreme Court takes up major Second Amendment case
In an unsigned order, the justices took up a bid by two gun owners and a New York affiliate of the National Rifle Association to challenge the state's denial of their applications for concealed-carry licenses for self-defense.

The case represents the first time the 6-3 conservative court will hear arguments over the nation's long-running and fraught debate about gun rights in America.

It will be heard next term, which begins in October.

In the brief order issued Monday, the justices said they would hear the case and focus on whether "the State's denial of petitioners' applications for concealed-carry licenses for self-defense violated the Second Amendment."

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Robert Nash and Brandon Koch, who were denied concealed carry permits for self-defense because New York officials had determined that they had failed to show a "special need" to carry weapons as required under state law.

Their lawsuit argues that such restrictions on concealed carry permits violate the Second Amendment. If they prevail in front of the Supreme Court, it could upend concealed carry laws across the country.

According to the gun control activist group the Giffords Law Center, 31 states currently require residents to obtain a permit in order to carry a concealed weapon, with varying degrees of restrictions on those permits.

Updated at 10:31 a.m.
A very , very important case!!
Especially important to me personally as a lifelong gun advocate and devoted shooter.
Yes I shoot guns - not just bows...
And I am a lifelong, devoted advocate for the rights that were are supposed to have under our Constitution..
The --rights-- the ffing dems are hellbent on taking away.
Which is exactly why-- I SO VERY DEEPLY DESPISE THE FFING BASTARDS( all of them)!!!-- -Tyr