Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Facebook sucks!!

Wasn't really even using it anymore, but was a decent way to stay in touch with family via messages and private pages and such. More importantly, I had a lot of photos and videos on there, which you can zip and download when you want. I haven't wanted to yet.

I should have.

Facebook account hacked and they changed my password, email & phone number. I was quick though and quickly chose to "recover account" which temporarily disables your FB account.

I had to go through their online process and connect with webcam for a few photos and then a shot of the drivers license for proof. And then wait for a response. And wait. And wait.

And then I lookup how long it takes to get a response - and things have changed, and some are complaining on forums that they have been waiting for months and months, some 4 months minimum and some not at all as apparently they are prioritizing due to pandemic.

How many effing people getting hacked? Are the accounts sick or something that they can't review and give it back? Can't FB employees work remotely to help with shit, therefor eliminating a slowdown in such services? They are a rather large and profitable company after all.

Matters not. Let's just hope I get it eventually, and then F them once I get all my stuff. So Facebook -
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Jim. I may be out of line here, but...

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Wasn't really even using it anymore, but was a decent way to stay in touch with family via messages and private pages and such. More importantly, I had a lot of photos and videos on there, which you can zip and download when you want. I haven't wanted to yet.

I should have.

Facebook account hacked and they changed my password, email & phone number. I was quick though and quickly chose to "recover account" which temporarily disables your FB account.

I had to go through their online process and connect with webcam for a few photos and then a shot of the drivers license for proof. And then wait for a response. And wait. And wait.

And then I lookup how long it takes to get a response - and things have changed, and some are complaining on forums that they have been waiting for months and months, some 4 months minimum and some not at all as apparently they are prioritizing due to pandemic.

How many effing people getting hacked? Are the accounts sick or something that they can't review and give it back? Can't FB employees work remotely to help with shit, therefor eliminating a slowdown in such services? They are a rather large and profitable company after all.

Matters not. Let's just hope I get it eventually, and then F them once I get all my stuff. So Facebook -
    Remember a few months ago on a thread here, where we talked about LACK OF PRIVACY and HACKING from all kinds of sources?
    FB is the worst of the worst. NOBODY, but NOBODY should make any demands that you DIVULGE your personal Drivers License, or any Identification. That is against the 4th amendment.
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    Everybody needs to know, and remember. EVEN the U.S. Government, let alone FB cannot ask you to disclose ANY of your personal ID without a Warrant.
    I kid you not. FB, TWITTER, and the rest of the NEONAZI socical networks are violating millions of American's rights. As they did for you. They are not worth it.
    Sorry to sound so negative. It's against my own principles, but this IS SERIOUS.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Remember a few months ago on a thread here, where we talked about LACK OF PRIVACY and HACKING from all kinds of sources?
    FB is the worst of the worst. NOBODY, but NOBODY should make any demands that you DIVULGE your personal Drivers License, or any Identification. That is against the 4th amendment.
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    Everybody needs to know, and remember. EVEN the U.S. Government, let alone FB cannot ask you to disclose ANY of your personal ID without a Warrant.
    I kid you not. FB, TWITTER, and the rest of the NEONAZI socical networks are violating millions of American's rights. As they did for you. They are not worth it.
    Sorry to sound so negative. It's against my own principles, but this IS SERIOUS.
    Oh, I know they don't buddy! And they say they always delete after confirmation, but not sure I believe that either. But hell, they already know my whole life story and friends and family.

I know it sucks, but was the quickest way to recover and get my data and close up shop. I could have went alternative ways to force them to comply and give it back, but that would be a tougher road and much longer. So it was my choice to do so, and was aware I didn't have to, but leaving anyway from that source and I went and changed about 150 passwords so far out of 257!! Get's tedious, so I hit everything with the same password first and then anything remotely close, and then had Lastpass create new passwords, and that shit is crazy and stuff you would never remember!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Bastards got my Instagram account too! Shit, what you get when you use the same password at multiple sites and then it gets exposed and then they share.

Instagram has an easy process to recover your account, so less than an hour to recover. And guess who owns Instagram? Of course Facebook. But could take months or more to recover my account there.

And I get my account back on Instagram and everything is gone. A few messages from people saying WTF? I guess someone sent out messages. And they deleted all my photos/videos. I hate hacker scumbags.

But I have backups and like 8 of everything and all in different locations. About the same for FB but there I do have a bunch as well that went straight there in the past and never backed up. So would be nice to recover, but if not I don't even care much. Probably a sign from someone above to tell me to stay the F away from them.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post