So on Sundays my Dad and I would connect via "Anydesk" for my weekly help and takeover his computer remotely. That changed into Sunday noon video chats with him. Which then I brought in my brother John. My stepmom gets on with my Dad. Then my bro Dan came. Then my nephews Colt and Wyatt. Then Jeff actually came on for the chat yesterday with his wife. Almost the entire family in one spot!! Talk about a rarity.

Unfortunately the reason wasn't too good. My Dad is in Jersey with my stepmom to visit her sister in law. Her brother passed away back in the late 80's but we have been friends with his wife via my stepmom ever since. So every Christmas for years and years now we go to Lorraine's house. My sister, brother, Dad, stepmom, bro from Georgia and even spouses would all get together in NJ!!

Well, Lorraine got the news about a month ago that she had a month left to live.

So Dad was at the hospice yesterday to let us all video chat with him and Lorraine, then stepmom, as only 1 allowed in at a time. One of the hardest things I eve had to do. She wasn't my closest, but that's just never easy. And she was so so so kind and loving to us kids and never judged or questioned. Just hugged and kissed from day one, even know she didn't know us. We were family by the time this came to an end.

She seemed the same to me, but will be gone quite shortly.