Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Yesterday sucked too

So on Sundays my Dad and I would connect via "Anydesk" for my weekly help and takeover his computer remotely. That changed into Sunday noon video chats with him. Which then I brought in my brother John. My stepmom gets on with my Dad. Then my bro Dan came. Then my nephews Colt and Wyatt. Then Jeff actually came on for the chat yesterday with his wife. Almost the entire family in one spot!! Talk about a rarity.

Unfortunately the reason wasn't too good. My Dad is in Jersey with my stepmom to visit her sister in law. Her brother passed away back in the late 80's but we have been friends with his wife via my stepmom ever since. So every Christmas for years and years now we go to Lorraine's house. My sister, brother, Dad, stepmom, bro from Georgia and even spouses would all get together in NJ!!

Well, Lorraine got the news about a month ago that she had a month left to live.

So Dad was at the hospice yesterday to let us all video chat with him and Lorraine, then stepmom, as only 1 allowed in at a time. One of the hardest things I eve had to do. She wasn't my closest, but that's just never easy. And she was so so so kind and loving to us kids and never judged or questioned. Just hugged and kissed from day one, even know she didn't know us. We were family by the time this came to an end.

She seemed the same to me, but will be gone quite shortly.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks SassyLady, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So on Sundays my Dad and I would connect via "Anydesk" for my weekly help and takeover his computer remotely. That changed into Sunday noon video chats with him. Which then I brought in my brother John. My stepmom gets on with my Dad. Then my bro Dan came. Then my nephews Colt and Wyatt. Then Jeff actually came on for the chat yesterday with his wife. Almost the entire family in one spot!! Talk about a rarity.

Unfortunately the reason wasn't too good. My Dad is in Jersey with my stepmom to visit her sister in law. Her brother passed away back in the late 80's but we have been friends with his wife via my stepmom ever since. So every Christmas for years and years now we go to Lorraine's house. My sister, brother, Dad, stepmom, bro from Georgia and even spouses would all get together in NJ!!

Well, Lorraine got the news about a month ago that she had a month left to live.

So Dad was at the hospice yesterday to let us all video chat with him and Lorraine, then stepmom, as only 1 allowed in at a time. One of the hardest things I eve had to do. She wasn't my closest, but that's just never easy. And she was so so so kind and loving to us kids and never judged or questioned. Just hugged and kissed from day one, even know she didn't know us. We were family by the time this came to an end.

I'm sorry. It's great though that she knows she'll be missed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes icansayit, jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Unfortunately, the best we can do is show love in that situation, and it’s so hard. You did good, Jim.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Likes icansayit, jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Feel sadness for you Jim.

There are really no words that will eventually fill the void. It's hard to do for all of us. That's what happens as life grows on. The day we are born begins the cycle toward the end. For some, it's longer than most others. Knowing she had warm, loving people around her will make her rest much easier. As I said it's hard. I am the last survivor of my original family, and without my Lady of 52 years, two son's, and six grandkids. I would be totally alone.
    The Sun always manages to come up every morning. Welcome it as you remember her.
    PEACE!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm sorry. It's great though that she knows she'll be missed.
    Thanks, Kath. She didn't have a ton of people in her life after her husband passed away. And those in her life are all there, and even more. Hospice is bad though and if me down the road I hope I go at home, do not wanna be in a hospice somewhere with no family within sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Unfortunately, the best we can do is show love in that situation, and it’s so hard. You did good, Jim.
    Thanks, Abs. Well, wasn't much you can do really but say goodbye. And I couldn't do that, told my Dad that "goodbye" would just sound so wrong. So after a few things I basically told her I'll be praying for her and she'll always be with me in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    There are really no words that will eventually fill the void. It's hard to do for all of us. That's what happens as life grows on. The day we are born begins the cycle toward the end. For some, it's longer than most others. Knowing she had warm, loving people around her will make her rest much easier. As I said it's hard. I am the last survivor of my original family, and without my Lady of 52 years, two son's, and six grandkids. I would be totally alone.
    The Sun always manages to come up every morning. Welcome it as you remember her.
    PEACE!
    Thanks AT. Honestly, she wasn't the closest person to me. I really only saw her when my Dad would visit NJ and that's where they stay. And of course every Christmas was at her home. But that's the mark she left on ME at least. So little between us and so much distance, and yet she made a true impact on me. And that impact was teaching me. I never did fully understand why I like her more and more and more. And I figured it out yesterday. She embodies acceptance and love. That's all she ever did, was accept us kids at a young age, always welcomed us into her home with a hug and a kiss and a great meal. Time after time again. And made MANY Christmas evenings absolutely wonderful for me, and even brought a nice portion of our family together there. Don't we all want to be accepted everywhere, and maybe go somewhere where 'everyone knows your name', never ever once to be judged or questioned, just pure love for everyone. How many people do you know like that? Definitely love you without questions, can clearly see the admiration and lack of judgement for years and years, many discussions but not a single shred of negativity or questioning anything & accepted us as if there was something special about us. Least that's how I felt - and she's not even a relative really and rarely see her.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Unfortunately, Lorraine passed away night before last.

Life is crazy. She received the news but seemed fine on the outside. When we talked with her, of course now in hospice, she was sitting perfectly straight up and talking as always, 'cept with a mask. And then bam, then I get word she is sleeping, taking medication now. Then just gone.

Good thing my Dad and step-Mom chose to came up, and I had Dad connect with his tablet and connect to a live video chat I setup for everyone. Really was nice to see her like that one last time.

Life sure can be fragile and can be taken away quickly.

10. Thanks fj1200, icansayit, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Unfortunately, Lorraine passed away night before last.

Life is crazy. She received the news but seemed fine on the outside. When we talked with her, of course now in hospice, she was sitting perfectly straight up and talking as always, 'cept with a mask. And then bam, then I get word she is sleeping, taking medication now. Then just gone.

Good thing my Dad and step-Mom chose to came up, and I had Dad connect with his tablet and connect to a live video chat I setup for everyone. Really was nice to see her like that one last time.

Life sure can be fragile and can be taken away quickly.
    My condolences and prayers for all her loved ones.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

My condolences my friend.
    Life is precious and even in the longest span, still far too brief.
    Seems that you both were rewarded in your relationship and her gift to you was love, acceptance and caring.
    Such is truly a great treasure to give and to receive.
    God bless.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

14. Likes Abbey Marie, jimnyc, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    My condolences and prayers for all her loved ones.
    Thanks, Kath. I know my Dad is pretty saddened by everything and I heard it in his voice breaking up. As I say often, it sure does put things in life a lot more in perspective.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    My condolences my friend.
    Life is precious and even in the longest span, still far too brief.
    Seems that you both were rewarded in your relationship and her gift to you was love, acceptance and caring.
    Such is truly a great treasure to give and to receive.
    God bless.
    Thank you, Tyr. About summed up perfectly. Sometimes you don't realize many things until too late. Such is life.

18. Likes icansayit liked this post