Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default NFL World Reacts To Terry Bradshaw’s Blunt Comments

The Spun
    NFL World Reacts To Terry Bradshaw’s Blunt Comments
    Dan Lyons 3 hrs ago

NFL legend Terry Bradshaw spent his entire 14-year career with one franchise: the Pittsburgh Steelers. It probably doesn’t come as a major surprise that he doesn’t really see Aaron Rodgers‘ side in the current debacle with the Green Bay Packers, though a look into the end of his own career should make him a bit more sympathetic.

Terry Bradshaw holding a microphone: Terry Bradshaw speaking on a Sirius XM Radio Show.© Provided by The Spun Terry Bradshaw speaking on a Sirius XM Radio Show.
    “With him being that upset shows me just how weak he is,” Bradshaw said during an appearance on WFAN’s Moose & Maggie. “Who the hell cares who you draft? He is a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year.”

$49.95
    1970 United States Mint And Proof 2-Piece Coin Set | Govmint
    AdGovMint.com
    The Packers traded up in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft to take Utah State’s Jordan Love, making him the heir apparent to Rodgers. While there had been some lingering discontent about the team not making aggressive moves to help him on offense, taking a quarterback in the first round really set this Rodgers-Packers standoff in motion. After exploding in 2020 and winning the MVP award, Rodgers now has some significant leverage.

If anything, Packers fans seem to have the quarterback’s side in this situation. Just this year, we saw that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers informed Tom Brady that they could take Kyle Trask, who they ultimately landed in the second round. Andy Dalton, who just became a Chicago Bear this offseason and is far from a superstar, was told about the team’s plan to trade up for Justin Fields. Rodgers, who has 16 years, multiple MVP awards, and a Super Bowl in Green Bay, wasn’t given the same courtesy last year when the Packers clearly coveted Love, and things may be different if general manager Brian Gutekunst had kept that line of communication open. While there are others who back Bradshaw here, most of the Twitter reaction is on Aaron Rodgers’ side.

much more at the link given--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Likes jimnyc, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My man! Terry speaks, listen up. He was a tough SOB even if abused back then. He earned his 4 bowls back then and things were different. He sure doesn't have 2 to 300 million in his bank account & was sacked and body slammed regularly and never once wore a skirt.

Rodgers has played for 16 years now and is obviously not going to play for too awfully much longer. So the team is prepping and drafted a QB. every other QB drafted generally gets a call from the senior QB to welcome him. But not from Rodgers. He doesn't want the competition and thinks he OWNS the Packers and is demanding people get fired or he isn't coming back. And IMO he is acting like a baby. If you don't like it, stay home or demand a trade and be done. But not Rodgers. I would have already asked him if he wanted a jersey to go home with and send him packing out of Packer land.

One thing I can't stand is a player that not only makes demands when they are under contract already but then also refuse to show up, or refuse to play...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    My man! Terry speaks, listen up. He was a tough SOB even if abused back then. He earned his 4 bowls back then and things were different. He sure doesn't have 2 to 300 million in his bank account & was sacked and body slammed regularly and never once wore a skirt.

Rodgers has played for 16 years now and is obviously not going to play for too awfully much longer. So the team is prepping and drafted a QB. every other QB drafted generally gets a call from the senior QB to welcome him. But not from Rodgers. He doesn't want the competition and thinks he OWNS the Packers and is demanding people get fired or he isn't coming back. And IMO he is acting like a baby. If you don't like it, stay home or demand a trade and be done. But not Rodgers. I would have already asked him if he wanted a jersey to go home with and send him packing out of Packer land.

One thing I can't stand is a player that not only makes demands when they are under contract already but then also refuse to show up, or refuse to play...
    You are certainly right. He does not-OWN-- the team!
    His time there is bound to end sometime, so he should be decent, gracious and not act like a spoiled child, imho.
    Damn, is he that stupid that he expects the team not to prep for his certain to one day come eventual departure?
    Why ACT childish when he already has the fame, the money and the time in the limelight?
    And yes, Bradshaw was a damn ""badass QB"". And always a character, and I certainly I mean both of those in a very good way!!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    You are certainly right. He does not-OWN-- the team!
    His time there is bound to end sometime, so he should be decent, gracious and not act like a spoiled child, imho.
    Damn, is he that stupid that he expects the team not to prep for his certain to one day come eventual departure?
    Why ACT childish when he already has the fame, the money and the time in the limelight?
    And yes, Bradshaw was a damn ""badass QB"". And always a character, and I certainly I mean both of those in a very good way!!--Tyr
    Rodgers is simply saying FU to the team that has already invested over $120 million dollars into his bank account. He's aiming for another payday. And if not, he's going to blame the team as much as possible and then get a large 1 or 2 year contract elsewhere. Contracts and loyalty mean absolutely nothing anymore in the NFL.

Bradshaw certainly had many times in the spotlight when he downright sucked!! But the TEAM grew as a whole and they eventually were the best. Terry was tough as hell underneath and could take the beatings he received. But the teams were different back then. And even with 4 bowls over a 10 year period, you didn't see guys bailing after a SB win for a payday elsewhere. Contracts were honored and loyalty existed. Guys were known to rework and take less money if they had to, but wanted to remain, wanted the "team" together & were family oriented. Why I always loved the Steelers.

But Rodgers is being a dick IMO. And he's far from the first pulling this BS. Le'veon Bell sat out an entire year on purpose with the Steelers and ended up elsewhere for more money - and hasn't ever been the same since, not nearly as many yards and carries. Haha for him. It's ALL about money money money and making as much as possible.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock