Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default A True Master Craftsman

This is a guy in Switzerland that I've been watching for over a year now. His patience and skill are absolutely world class - I've never seen anyone so dedicated to perfection in every aspect of one of his projects. Flaws in the original manufacturing? He fixes it. A part that's been out of production for 100 years? He makes it. In every case, the end result is better - much better - than the item was when it was brand-new. This is the guy who every other restorer is judged by. And no one measures up.

This scooter from the '40s took him 50 days of labor in his shop. His camera work & editing are superb. No talking. No music. Just the sound of a true master at his craft.

He even creates the molds and casts his own rubber tires and handle grips.

If you've never seen My Mechanics, give this a watch. If you appreciate unbelievably skilled craftsmanship, you'll be hooked.

Last edited by NightTrain; 05-07-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I love watching restorations! Not just old cars, but cool stuff like this too, and also the guys that restore old knives and swords.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    This is a guy in Switzerland that I've been watching for over a year now. His patience and skill are absolutely world class - I've never seen anyone so dedicated to perfection in every aspect of one of his projects. Flaws in the original manufacturing? He fixes it. A part that's been out of production for 100 years? He makes it. In every case, the end result is better - much better - than the item was when it was brand-new. This is the guy who every other restorer is judged by. And no one measures up.

This scooter from the '40s took him 50 days of labor in his shop. His camera work & editing are superb. No talking. No music. Just the sound of a true master at his craft.

He even creates the molds and casts his own rubber tires and handle grips.

If you've never seen My Mechanics, give this a watch. If you appreciate unbelievably skilled craftsmanship, you'll be hooked.

OK ... I would have washed off all the cobwebs first! Just because I know Jim hates spiders!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    OK ... I would have washed off all the cobwebs first! Just because I know Jim hates spiders!
    Well, the way I see it is like this - WHO made those cobwebs? Sure wasn't a human!

Gotta make sure anything with a web gets de-spidered prior to handling! Maybe hot steam, some of the most poisonous bug sprays, followed by a hot water bath. Just to ensure that if any homeless spiders took up residence, they will bail and not think of returning!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Likes SassyLady liked this post