Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Die Hackers!

Turns out that the hackers now also got my email accounts. But luckily I had checked them not too awfully long before and they were working and then less than an hour later they weren't working, but then I quickly recovered them. Pain in the ass though. But now they all have like 20 digit passwords of mixtures of letters, numbers, special characters and more.

I thought I had went over everything with a fine tooth comb, but I had kept the email information elsewhere so forgot about those.

And now thanks to another problem I am just finishing up doing a system restore cleaning everything up. But I know for sure it started at Gab and that password and just download from there. So anybody on that site that was there when they were hacked I can't express enough to go ahead and change your password if you haven't already. Once that crap hits the dark web millions of people will try it until you change it and abuse it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

All changed up and back to normal on my PC end.

But now my math shows that I WANT to update 97 more passwords.

These aren't hacked but passwords in my program that are of the same name/string or whatever you wanna call it of the password that I used elsewhere. So now they are all gonna be computer generated with things like <":76Hgf)- and weird crap like that. Not bad if you have access to the program everywhere, which I refuse to use any but local (no passwords on the internet), but you'll never remember them off the top of your head.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    All changed up and back to normal on my PC end.

But now my math shows that I WANT to update 97 more passwords.

These aren't hacked but passwords in my program that are of the same name/string or whatever you wanna call it of the password that I used elsewhere. So now they are all gonna be computer generated with things like <":76Hgf)- and weird crap like that. Not bad if you have access to the program everywhere, which I refuse to use any but local (no passwords on the internet), but you'll never remember them off the top of your head.
    I print mine and put in my safe. Too hard to remember all of them.

Need to stop using email as log in as well.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I print mine and put in my safe. Too hard to remember all of them.

Need to stop using email as log in as well.
    A lot of habits to change for me. Printing it all and in the safe is a good idea. Some require it but otherwise no more email usernames. No more repeats either - ALL computer generated uppercase, lowercase, numbers & symbols - although some sites don't allow for symbols.

I'm also investing now in the premium version of my password manager. It allows for constant watching of the dark web for breaches of much of my personal information, email being most important.

More with it but privacy being key and more. I got lazy and got caught!