Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default little help? Transfer Youtube vid to windows media types?

I need this:

in a movie file I can edit. Anybody able to help?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's what I use to save videos I find on there:

http://keepvid.com/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

thanks Jim - dunno if i can edit that,but it's a start!

Can't even view it, actually
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My bad, the link I gave you is where I download videos in .flv format for replaying on other websites.

This site will allow you to save it as an .avi or another format:

http://vixy.net/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    thanks Jim - dunno if i can edit that,but it's a start!

Can't even view it, actually
    Yeah, you would need a .flv viewer, but the second link should solve your issue!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Ok, even better! I forgot I had this and had to search for the download for you. Tiny program allows you to download directly as the format of your choice.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1175182988/1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use a video downloader from the list of extensions for Firefox. I run Linux so I can't use Riva (I use an ffmpeg command line) for conversion but you can do it if you have Windows.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    I use a video downloader from the list of extensions for Firefox. I run Linux so I can't use Riva (I use an ffmpeg command line) for conversion but you can do it if you have Windows.
    That's true! I used to use a Firefox extension which automatically downloaded the files in .FLV format. I then used the "Riva Encoder" to convert the files to .AVI.

The file I linked to does it all in one though for lazy people like myself!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

thanks Jim - That program you sent saves it, though, at a very low quality/resolution

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

thanks Jim - That program you sent saves it, though, at a very low quality/resolution
    Are you using Windows Media Player to view your .avi files? When mine starts to play a video it appears to have lost resolution, but if I right click on the video as it's playing and choose "Video Size" - by default it appears to play the videos at 200%. I change mine to 100% and it's perfect quality.

Just something to take a peek at! I just downloaded a Bon Jovi video as a test and the outcome at 100% is better quality than what I see on YouTube.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Are you using Windows Media Player to view your .avi files? When mine starts to play a video it appears to have lost resolution, but if I right click on the video as it's playing and choose "Video Size" - by default it appears to play the videos at 200%. I change mine to 100% and it's perfect quality.

Just something to take a peek at! I just downloaded a Bon Jovi video as a test and the outcome at 100% is better quality than what I see on YouTube.

Yeah - did that. Maybe the source vid from youtube is bad? I dunno.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yeah - did that. Maybe the source vid from youtube is bad? I dunno.
    Tis possible! You might want to try the other option I mentioned. Use what I stated earlier to save the file in .flv format. Then download a program called "Riva Encoder" which will allow you to convert the file to .avi. Can't guarantee it'll be any better, but at least you'll have multiple options for stealing videos from around the net! LOL

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

problem is I've got to show this clip via a projector to a crowd of about 90 folk. Need the best reso I can get.
    Wanna earn some money? Find me a big-nice resolution by sunday night?

$20?