Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Wow, A Computer

First time I've actually been on one in a couple of months. That I recall. I wonder should I go bac and correct all those typo's that resulted from my fingers trying to post from my phone?

Improvise, adapt and overcome

2. Likes Abbey Marie, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    First time I've actually been on one in a couple of months. That I recall. I wonder should I go bac and correct all those typo's that resulted from my fingers trying to post from my phone?

Improvise, adapt and overcome
    I think phones have apps you may be interested in. One is spell correction for dummies and then they have grammar correction for dummies.

I know this because I've been using them for years!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think phones have apps you may be interested in. One is spell correction for dummies and then they have grammar correction for dummies.

I know this because I've been using them for years!
    I spell fine. If they had a size correction for dummies with large hands and small phones I might be interested.

Then they'd need one for lazy dummies with big hands and small phones that aren't going to bother with correcting one or two letters. The audience will just have to get over it

5. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I spell fine. If they had a size correction for dummies with large hands and small phones I might be interested.

Then they'd need one for lazy dummies with big hands and small phones that aren't going to bother with correcting one or two letters. The audience will just have to get over it
    Oh, so it's just me. Bummer.

I also increased the font size this year. I fought against it with glasses but finally made the leap into old ageism!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Anyone remember our FIRST???

My favorite was a No.2 TICONDEROGA

until we were allowed to start using

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Gunny, Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    My favorite was a No.2 TICONDEROGA

until we were allowed to start using

The Bic stick. 19 cents for the clear one, 29 cents for the orange-yellow, fine print.

What did I get? Skillcraft U.S. Government, blue-black ink. Leaked like my first car.

11. Likes icansayit, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Right you are gunny!

The Bic stick. 19 cents for the clear one, 29 cents for the orange-yellow, fine print.

What did I get? Skillcraft U.S. Government, blue-black ink. Leaked like my first car.

Been a long time since I thought about what we called "Our navy pen". SKILLCRAFT.

Because I was a radioman. I had to take several FBI Lie Detector (Polygraph) Exams to keep my security clearance.
    They always warned me how accurate they were when they asked "Have you ever stolen anything". The man giving the test asked me if I ever took a NAVY pen home with me? If I did..."THAT WAS STEALING GOVERNMENT PROPERTY".
    So...I had to say..."YES!"
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Been a long time since I thought about what we called "Our navy pen". SKILLCRAFT.

Because I was a radioman. I had to take several FBI Lie Detector (Polygraph) Exams to keep my security clearance.
    They always warned me how accurate they were when they asked "Have you ever stolen anything". The man giving the test asked me if I ever took a NAVY pen home with me? If I did..."THAT WAS STEALING GOVERNMENT PROPERTY".
    So...I had to say..."YES!"
    Ditto. NIS pulled the same on me. I grew up on military bases. Course I stole stuff from the Government.

15. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have pretty small hands and a phone the size of small tablet. I still stuck at texting. Auto correction seems to make things worse. Yet here I am, on a tablet, which only is a step above the phone. It's too nice to be inside at the desktop. My laptop died. RIP

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I once was being interviewed for a position at Bear Stearns back in the late 80's. Being a large financial company they gave me a lie detector test. In there they asked me if I ever stole company property before. Of course I quickly admitted to it and explained the pencil/pen/paper thingy and it worked! He explained later that nearly everyone takes a little something and that liars are easily exposed. I must have been a good liar then as I had taken more than a pencil and pen! I think I slowly built a computer over a slow and long process. Don't worry, I'm already aware of my impending doom. But the way I saw it was that it was only the equivalent of .000076% of the companies total income and worth. On the scale of a pencil for sure.

Anyway, I think it's a rigged question for weeding out the liars the easy way.

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post