Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Told To Quit Joking About Demi Lovato - So walks off his own show

If I wanted to hear altered words to make me feel good, I would go elsewhere.

But if I'm tuning into the news station or a regular radio show, I expect at least the truth. Don't tell me it's sunny outside if it's raining.

This show normally doesn't have a problem talking about the more difficult situations in life, or things that many may be afraid to approach. You can go here and scroll down and down and get an idea of what they cover and have before.

But with the new push for trans sports, bathrooms, 15,613 different genders... and now this is out of line. I would have walked if I were him too.

---

Radio Icon Walks Off His Show While On-Air After Being Told To Quit Joking About Demi Lovato

A radio icon in Boston reportedly walked off his show while on-air after being told to stop making jokes about Demi Lovato who announced “they are non-binary.”

Boston’s long-time radio host Matt Siegel, the on-air talent of “Matty in the Morning” on KISS-108, was doing a bit on the show about the pop star , BarStoolSports.com reported in a piece published Thursday.

The clip can of him explaining to Boston.com what happened can be heard below.

“I’m against her binary thing; I think she’s a troubled woman and a lot of young people are taking her seriously and it bothers me,” Siegel shared. “But of course, it’s a comedy show, so I did it in the context of jokes.”

“We were having fun with it, and my boss called up and said that I’d crossed the line and they didn’t want me talking about it anymore,” he added. “I responded by saying, ‘If I can’t talk about what I’m thinking at this point in my career, I don’t want to be on the radio anymore.'”

“I am the biggest of all time, and they said, ‘Shut up, Matt! Stop talking,'” Siegel continued. “Well, I hope you’re happy, because I just stopped talking. Matty out.”

Later, Siegel shared with the outlet he doesn’t think his departure from the show is permanent but does believe his time is coming to an end due to the woke culture.

“It’s not personal, it’s professional,” Siegel shared. “He said he doesn’t want me talking about this… Today I was anti wokeness and I can’t do that, so basically, what I’m told is, I can talk about light, funny things like where the Jonas Brothers are going to be….”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/20/m...s-demi-lovato/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

They is plural. Wouldn't the correct non-binary term be "it"?

Also, he's already back on the radio:

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...rsial-comments

Radio host Matt Siegel back on the air after walking off over controversial comments
    Last edited by tailfins; 05-21-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post