Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Transit employee guns down nine co-workers in San Jose

Of course, it was a bitter old white guy using illegal high capacity magazines -------------> https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/05/...atic-handguns/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Of course, it was a bitter old white guy using illegal high capacity magazines -------------> https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/05/...atic-handguns/
    Guy goes crazy, decides he wants to die.
    Vents his anger towards fellow workers at his job site.
    Ends up murdering nine people.
    Story makes headline news and is used for a political purpose-- used to cry "ban all guns"..
    Yet across this nation many murders, thousands of crimes(gun crimes by gangs) are not given this coverage because they are gang related and in dem controlled cities.
    When are you going to --target-- that truth , that reality and see that crazy people- suicidal people will do crazy things -including murder?
    Why is not the emphasis on the guy being crazy?
    And the reason why he went crazy?
    Answer- Because the dem party/ media want the emphasis on guns- because it serves their anti-gun agenda.
    An agenda to remove our 2nd Amendment rights.
    The point being- people kill people...
    Why did you state -- "it was a bitter old white guy"?
    The the muslims scum murdered thousands here on 9/11--did you write bitter muslims-hateful muslims?
    I do not recall ever having read where you described muslims as bitter, hate-filled or crazy.

You know standing on principles ==must involve consistency in application- or else it is not standing on principles
    but instead it is selective outrage and selective enforcement of ideology(political, religious or personal beliefs), imho..
    The point is-- why does the guy being --"white" or "old"- matter?--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I heard he was a democrat that was angry with certain people in the office due to their politics.

Truth is, he specifically targeted certain people and let others go.

Also a Harley guy.

Also mad at Unions, as a Union meeting had just started.

He talked of killing people at work for a decade now. So apparently it all started during the Obama years.

In 2016, coming back from the Philippines, Customs found terrorism, manifestoes and a notebook detailing how he detested the transportation authority, known as the V.T.A. - so he converted to Islam.

He had 2 semi-auto pistols and a bunch of magazines. ** Truth - manufacturers provide/recommend or whatever the amount of bullets in the magazine. Get another with just ONE more bullet in it - and now the dolts classify it as a high capacity magazine. Not calling you a dolt, Gabs, but rather those who are making these laws. - A weapon with 50-100 bullets in whatever mag they use - that's high capacity to me. This guy had none more than 12-15, which would be on the very low end if you ask me. Most consider anything over 10 to be high capacity.

The state had stringent laws in place - of which were ignored by this criminal. As if law changes would stop a psycho. So how did increased laws help?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks SassyLady, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Why did you state -- "it was a bitter old white guy"? The the muslims scum murdered thousands here on 9/11--did you write bitter muslims-hateful muslims? I do not recall ever having read where you described muslims as bitter, hate-filled or crazy. You know standing on principles ==must involve consistency in application- or else it is not standing on principles but instead it is rcement of ideoloselective outrage and selective enfogy(political, religious or personal beliefs), imho.. The point is-- why does the guy being --"white" or "old"- matter?--Tyr
    Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I have never described Muslims as "bitter, hate filled or crazy" because the Muslims I have met are none of the above. But because a very small minority of Muslims are terrorists (as opposed to being doctors, nurses, lawyers or school administrators), you want to paint them all with the same brush. Why does the guy being --"white" or "old"- matter? It doesn't. Same as being a Democrat doesn't matter. Or a Muslim. Your response also shows selective outrage based on politics and religious beliefs. If you believe that all Muslims are terrorists, or all black people are lazy cheaters and criminals, why not old white people as mass murderers? Or all Catholic priests as pedophiles?

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The state had stringent laws in place - of which were ignored by this criminal. As if law changes would stop a psycho. So how did increased laws help?
    A very well thought out reply that I appreciate. I used "high capacity magazines" because that is how California law puts it. Though I still don't understand why any individual needs an rapid fire automatic rifle with a large capacity magazine. I also don't understand why Republicans are OK with requiring strict registration for voting but not for owning a gun. Most mass shootings show the need for expanded mental health care in this country. Yet no one wants to pay for it. The Santa Fe, Texas school shooting suspect has shown extensive mental health problems, but no one wants to hear about that. They are upset that he hasn't been put on trial for multiple homicides.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I have never described Muslims as "bitter, hate filled or crazy" because the Muslims I have met are none of the above. But because a very small minority of Muslims are terrorists (as opposed to being doctors, nurses, lawyers or school administrators), you want to paint them all with the same brush. Why does the guy being --"white" or "old"- matter? It doesn't. Same as being a Democrat doesn't matter. Or a Muslim. Your response also shows selective outrage based on politics and religious beliefs. If you believe that all Muslims are terrorists, or all black people are lazy cheaters and criminals, why not old white people as mass murderers? Or all Catholic priests as pedophiles?
    You gotta be honest though Gabby. You have pointed blame at adult white men for various things over time but very rarely proven incidents against muslim terrorists. No one is stating you must condemn all muslims, but I wouldn't mind equality - as in a scumbag is a scumbag. You protect the good within Islam and I get it - but often if not always fail to condemn anything that we know to be proven. And on way more than one occasion you have in fact pointed at the white men, or republicans.

I do see here though that you admitted that being white or old matters not - which doesn't add up to your posting history. That's the past though and now we're here. You have made that statement, so I'm hoping you'll stick to it. And holding others responsible for actions as well would be nice. Someone shoots and kills 9 folks = should be condemned whether white, black, muslim, jew or whatever.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

A very well thought out reply that I appreciate. I used "high capacity magazines" because that is how California law puts it. Though I still don't understand why any individual needs an rapid fire automatic rifle with a large capacity magazine. I also don't understand why Republicans are OK with requiring strict registration for voting but not for owning a gun. Most mass shootings show the need for expanded mental health care in this country. Yet no one wants to pay for it. The Santa Fe, Texas school shooting suspect has shown extensive mental health problems, but no one wants to hear about that. They are upset that he hasn't been put on trial for multiple homicides.
    Rapid fire is the SAME as grampa's old rifle. A semi-auto is a semi-auto. We don't ever see shootings with automatic weapons involved, we just don't. And overwhelming majority of folks can't even own one.

So that boils it down to magazines. And whether 7 shots or 17, or a pocketful of 7 - someone can get all of them shots out anyway. Takes a second or 3 to change a magazine.

Voter ID is about ensuring our elections are legit, and that the same person who has to show ID to get a beer, or to get cigarettes, will need to do so to vote - which I find much more important.

And not having strict gun laws is about our constitutional rights, our ability to protect our homes and persons. We also know that none of these laws will prevent a criminal from doing their thing.

Yes, mental care and so much more. Parenting, schooling... so much goes into it. We need changes in our society. Things weren't always like this with the same laws or less, and can be again. Also, I think if anything is suspect prior, whether with a psychiatrist or threats and such - attention needs to change 180 degrees, and huge changes from what we do at that point.

And it's also quite complex as each and every case is different - hence the desire of some to eliminate guns altogether thinking the problems would go with them. Much much too naive though. It's got to be society and whatever is changing that is creating these folks.

But tougher gun laws won't make that difference. Changes in gun magazines won't do anything at all.

Fwiw - this has nuttin to do with voter ID. But since you brought it up I answered.

11. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

"
    If you believe that all Muslims are terrorists, or all black people are lazy cheaters and criminals, why not old white people as mass murderers? "
    I have never said-- all-- when referencing those groups about their actions.

Trust me, my outrage stays firmly in line with my core principles.

Muslims are by their faith- anti- "everyone that is not muslim", especially anti-Jew and anti-Christian

Black people are by and large more prejudiced against whites than whites are against them.

Catholic priests are not all sexual deviants --but some are.

And -anybody-- can be a person that acts against others in criminal ways .
    Especially true of libs/dems and other assorted morons ... --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Thanks gabby...

Your pure ignorance, stupidity, and racism based on your own SELF-HATRED is what most of us have thought about you. NOW...you come here to prove it.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Bitter old white guy? You make it sound like all mass shootings are done by old white guys.

Good article on stereotyping mass shooters. You should like this Gabby .. it's the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ngs-white-men/
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

15. Thanks Gunny, icansayit, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post