Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Houston hospital suspends 178 employees who refused Covid-19 vaccines

Houston hospital suspends 178 employees who refused Covid-19 vaccines

A Houston hospital has suspended 178 staff members who have refused to abide by its mandate that employees be fully vaccinated by Monday.

Nearly 25,000 of Houston Methodist's staff members have been fully inoculated against Covid-19 as part of a vaccination requirement announced in April, Houston Methodist's president, Dr. Marc Boom, said in a statement Tuesday.

But 178 unvaccinated employees who did not get religious or medical exemptions were suspended without pay, including 27 who are only partly vaccinated.

Dr. Vin Gupta: Unvaccinated people at higher risk of ending up in the ICU than they were last year
    "We won't have the final numbers for two weeks as employees can still get vaccinated with their second dose or with the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine," Boom's statement said. "I wish the number could be zero, but unfortunately, a small number of individuals have decided not to put their patients first."
    r
    There are 285 unvaccinated employees who received medical or religious exemptions and 332 more who were granted deferrals.

Boom said that he understood that for some employees, it was a "very difficult decision" to be vaccinated but that they did the right thing to protect "our patients, your colleagues, your families, and our community."

"The science proves that the vaccines are not only safe, but necessary if we are going to turn the corner against COVID-19," Boom said. "The mRNA technology behind the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines isn't new or experimental. It's been around for many years."

Amanda Rivera, an emergency room nurse, told NBC affiliate KPRC that she is among the suspended employees and faces termination if she refuses to comply.

"I feel like they kind of bullied us into this little corner, like you have to do it or you don't have a job. This is my only source of income," Rivera said.
    I knew the ffing bastards were going to go into this forcing routine!
    Soon the will get to the stage of forcing kids to take the shots -- and that is when things are going to not be pleasant!
    That will likely be - when they get serious pushback.
    Could end up starting a war, imho. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I knew the ffing bastards were going to go into this forcing routine!
    Soon the will get to the stage of forcing kids to take the shots -- and that is when things are going to not be pleasant!
    That will likely be - when they get serious pushback.
    Could end up starting a war, imho. --Tyr
    What pushback? Our kids are already forced to be immunized to attend public schools. It's just a fact of life here. Covid or no.

I can also see a need for people in contact with or treating covid patients to be immunized. I can't imagine the minset of anyone wanting to. There's an easier way to play Russian roulette.

You are correct that it was going to come down to it being forced. Military got to shut up and roll up their sleeves. They're going after the soft targets. The people it makes perfect sense to have it.

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What pushback? Our kids are already forced to be immunized to attend public schools. It's just a fact of life here. Covid or no.

I can also see a need for people in contact with or treating covid patients to be immunized. I can't imagine the minset of anyone wanting to. There's an easier way to play Russian roulette.

You are correct that it was going to come down to it being forced. Military got to shut up and roll up their sleeves. They're going after the soft targets. The people it makes perfect sense to have it.
    I have to agree. I totally support your right of choice, but it DOES come with consequences. All employers also have rights to impose requirements they feel are in the best interests of their business. Thus they can require proof of vaccinations or not. Require masks or not. Require uniforms or dress codes or not. Head coverings or not.

Employees can decide whether or not to look for a different company or line of work. Choices.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Of course there is a need in that scenario. And that is why they chose it.
    The point is, they plan on --force one- force all.
    That is their true aim, imho.
    Now that they have the millions already over the fence, they know most of those that for whatever reason took the vaccines-will fully support them forcing others to take the vaccine.
    The article states why those medical personnel are refusing to take the shots.
    And it is a valid medical reason.
    My point is not about their losing employment over the refusal. It is about this start of forcing on this issue.
    It will progress until some have to fight. This isnt the military where one has no choice but to take he needle--but -THEY-- are attempting to make it be exactly like that.
    I am not complaining about job loss, I am pointing out this is just the start of using force.

I WILL NOT BE FORCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not a slave....
    Force applied to me --ALWAYS MEETS FORCE RETURNED, USUALLY IN EQUAL OR GREATER MEASURE...
    I know that you above all, would well understand that philosophy-as it is the basic tenet of --always stand your ground.
    Armies(or people ) in retreat are almost always going to lose unless the retreat was a strategic move to gain better ground, resupply or some other major positive improvement.

That they chose this (soft)target to start their force campaign, does not fool me.
    I do not work in the medical field....
    Force will not work on me.....I am not a damn sheeple.... -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.