Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Don’t Ban Assault Weapons – Make Them Mandatory!

Interesting, but anything is better than disarming citizens and confiscating guns.

---

Don’t Ban Assault Weapons – Make Them Mandatory!

I was gravely disappointed with Judge Robert Benitez’s California federal court ruling that the Golden State’s ban on “assault weapons” like AR-15s is unconstitutional. It manifestly is unconstitutional, but the judge’s ruling does not go far enough. He should have found that our Constitution requires every healthy, law-abiding adult citizen to have a real assault rifle like an M16 – or, because diversity is important, an M4 – to defend his community and his country from all enemies both foreign and domestic.

That’s my modest proposal du jour – make our peaceful and secure society’s free riders carry their own rucks for once. We need to stop outsourcing the dirty and dangerous work of protecting society to the LEOs and soldiers who make up maybe 5 percent of the population. The other 95 percent need to get with it. It is people with guns who built and maintain a society so peaceful and prosperous that ridiculous twits can babble about “privilege” and engage in similarly frivolous nonsense without a care in the world. You can’t in most places – you’re either too busy trying not to starve, or the local tough guy would squash you like a bug for running your fool mouth. Somebody has to defend the freedom of idiots to explore the outer limits of their own idiocy, and for too long only a small percentage of citizens have picked up a rifle to do it.

I say, “No more.” I say that freedom isn’t free and everyone needs to get out his, her or xir checkbook. Pick up a rifle and get citizening!

This is not a new idea. There was a time when every able-bodied adult male was in a militia. They packed heat to protect hearth n’ home, whether from the French, or the British, or the rampaging relatives of Elizabeth Warren. Today, the threat is criminals and aspiring tyrants – an armed citizenry, including males, females, and people claiming bizarre pseudo-genders, provides a potent deterrent to both crooks and dictators, and a means to defeat them if they get frisky.

What’s a solution to riots? Armed citizens.

What’s a solution to thugs? Armed citizens.

What’s a solution to people who want to use the power of government people with guns to silence you, prevent you from praying, and generally make you a serf? Armed citizens.

We don’t need to get rid of cops or troops. We just need to back them up, 5.56mm style.

Some scoff at the notion of citizens defending themselves, but many of them have the same vibe as the Vietnam “protestors” who stopped chanting “Ho Ho Ho Chi Minh” the second the draft ended. They just don’t want to pull their weight.

Rest - https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...atory-n2590709
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Just as there are people in this country that shouldn't be breathing, so to are there those that should not own so much as a paring knife. I have mixed emotions on the topic as it pertains to my State. We're one signature away from being an open carry, 2nd Amendment sanctuary state.

I'm all for the latter. The former? In real time, I, and those like me, are looking at having to go armed because the average idiot will be able to. It is my opinion our society is no longer responsible enough to have the Right to keep and bear arms go so far as to going heeled to buy some smokes at 7-11.

A well-regulated militia is to defend the country, the Constitution and our families, the weak, etc (not necessarily in that order). Not to show off one's hardware like they do their cars.