Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default How much is it worth?

To go to space?

Different than your typical Nasa or Spacex launches, and traveling to the international space station, or to launch satellites into space, missions to other planets...

"Blue Origin" is a privately funded space company, lead by Jeff Bezos. And while an amazing accomplishment to build a rocket, launching it into space & then returning safely - it is different than the others in the fact that right now it flies mainly straight up. It is a sub-orbital rocket and it's maximum height thus far has been at 350,827 feet, or approximately 66 miles high. Then they reach max height and then start the fall back down to earth. The booster rocket that got them most of the way up also comes back down and lands on it's own for future use. The rocket itself will come back down and then parachutes will take it to the ground.

Amazing, and you get to be in a rocket at massive speeds, break over the line into orbit, and then enjoy the ride back down as well. The rocket is designed to slowly rotate at times so that everyone gets a great view. Although the speed in which it will be moving won't be really comparable to Spacex, as the Blue Origin will only reach mach 3 at like 2,300mph. Whereas a rocket like SpaceX that goes to the ISS will reach a speed of 17,000+mph!! Different animals.

So anyway, this Blue Origin rocket is going to have a manned flight coming up next month. Jeff Bezos and his brother will be on this flight.

They held an auction for just 1 seat with them, and someone actually paid and won this auction with a winning bid of $28 million dollars!! I understand it's once in a lifetime experience and something that the majority of people on earth will never get to experience. I still don't see it though, not at the insane price.

---

$28M is winning bid for seat aboard Blue Origin's 1st human space flight

For $28 million, a civilian will see space.

That's the winning bid for a seat aboard the New Shepard, when Jeff Bezos' space tourism venture Blue Origin flies people to space for the first time next month.

The live auction lasted under 10 minutes Saturday, after opening at $4.9 million with over 20 bidders calling in.

The winning bid will be donated to Blue Origin’s foundation, Club for the Future, which inspires future generations to pursue careers in STEM.

Saturday's live auction follows five weeks of online bidding. By the time registration closed Thursday for the live auction, nearly 7,600 people from 159 countries registered to bid on a seat aboard the July 20 flight, Blue Origin said. Pre-auction bidding ended at $4.8 million.

The name of the winner won't be announced immediately because the company needs to "complete some final paperwork with them," Ariane Cornell, Blue Origin's director of astronaut and orbital sales, said ahead of the live auction.

"But given the flight is just a couple of short weeks from today, you all will know very soon who the winner is," she added.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/gma/28m-winnin...171900526.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default This is probably a terrible thing to say, or think, but...

Based on how much I know about Bezos and how his ELITE disdain for America, and Americans as he plays the Radical Liberal Games taking America DOWN.....

I can IMAGINE "BEZOS" and his Brother becoming PERMANENT SATELLITES who for INFINITY circle the Earth and COUNT all of their SELFISH money which...they will have to EAT as well.

If that offends anyone. SO BE IT!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

How much is it it worth to be stuck in a space vehicle with the idiots that would be privileged class leftwingnut enough they could afford it?

Said space vehicle with me on it would never survive the trip.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Give ya an idea on comparisons. If you ever watched a space shuttle launch, or another large rocket from Nasa, or the SpaceX Falcon or the monster Delta Heavy, then you would instantly notice the difference. Astronauts in the more powerful rockets are rockin and rollin before the rocket launches, just from the engines. And then they reach over 100mph before they even reach the top of the launch pad. They then instantly pickup massive speed as the rocket boosters do their thing. Their speeds and G force is incredible.

And then you now also have Richard Branson and his desire to be the first to be launched into space on the Virgin VSS Unity. I think this is maybe even more insane. It's a rocket plane bolted down to a large jet. Brings it up to 10,000 fet and drops it. That sucker starts it's engines, and then just point the aircraft upwards as if its a rocket itself, basically of which it is. Doesn't seem quite as safe to me.

This is Blue Origin lifting off and you can see the difference. Inside their rocket looks sweet though. Nice seats and views for everyone, and it rotates like I said. Still not for me.

And then the rocket jet going into space:

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock