Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Cortez speaks on the Supreme Court

She thinks she should have a say in when a SC justice should retire. Winning an election isn't enough, knowing they cannot pass their BS act. See, the way the left thinks, is that if they cannot win an election, don't have the numbers at the times needed - that it somehow gives them the right to demand a retirement so as to put a younger justice on the court to ensure more length, or to simply change the complexion of the court by adding additional seats to give the left an advantage.

And speaking on the issue of the anti American infiltrator in congress, claims it's feeding into 'right wing vitriol'. How about, perhaps they actually took offense with a statement of an American sitting congresswoman insinuating that America is the same as terrorists? She knows damn well what she said, and aoc knows damn well in addition.

I wish the entire so called 'squad' would just disappear. They offer not a damn thing IMO.

---

Ocasio-Cortez Calls on Stephen Breyer to Retire from Supreme Court

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” called for Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer to retire at the end of the court’s term and allow President Biden to nominate his successor.

Host Dana Bash said, “I want to ask about the Supreme Court. They are poised to hear several blockbuster cases in the next term voting rights, gun control, abortion. Your fellow Democrat Mondaire Jones says Justice Breyer should retire so President Biden can fill his seat with a younger liberal successor. Do you think Justice Breyer should step down?”

Ocasio-Cortez said, “We have had very difficult experiences with making I believe the opposite mistake, and especially if Senate Democrats are not going to pass reforms on HR 1, we cannot rely solely on a wish of winning elections, particularly in the Senate when voting rights are under attack in Georgia, Arizona and Texas across the country. And if we’re not going to pass HR 1 with the preemptive clauses that can roll some of that voter suppression attacks back, yeah, I believe that we should protect our Supreme Court, and I bet that should absolutely be a consideration.”

Bash asked, “Just to be clear — you do think that Justice Stephen Breyer should retire at the end of this term?”

Ocasio-Cortez responded, “You know I, it’s something that I’d think about, but I, I would probably lean towards yes. But yes, you’re asking me this question, so I’ve just, I would give more thought to it but, but I’m inclined to say yes.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...supreme-court/

Ocasio-Cortez: Democratic Leadership Rebuking Ilhan Omar Feeds into ‘Right-Wing Vitriol’

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that House Democratic leadership’s rebuke of her “Squad” colleague of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) feeds into “right-wing vitriol.”

Omar tweeted, “We must have the same level of accountability and justice for all victims of crimes against humanity. We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban.”

Anchor Dana Bash said, “I want to ask about top Democratic House leaders and a dozen of your Jewish Democratic colleagues issued a statement criticizing your friend be and colleague Ilhan Omar, congresswoman from Minnesota, for what some Democrats said was a, quote, ‘offensive and misguided remark that they say equated the U.S. and Israel with Hamas and Taliban, terrorist organizations. She later clarified, saying she was not doing that. But I want you and our viewers to read what you tweeted in response. You said, ‘Pretty sick and tired of the constant vilification, intentional mischaracterization, and public targeting of Ilhan Omar coming from our caucus. They have no concept for the danger they put her in by skipping private conversations and leaping to fueling targeted new cycles around her.’ First question is, what exactly did your fellow Democrats mischaracterize? And are you saying that they are to blame for some threats against her?”

Ocasio-Cortez said, “Well, you know, I think —I believe that her comments were absolutely mischaracterized. She was very clearly speaking about the ICC investigations, which name these four actors in two suits. And they named them in context events that happened in Afghanistan with the United States and with Taliban and in Palestine with Hamas and the government of Israel. You know, I think that to say that, I believe that to assert that she was equating these two entities when she was speaking about the ICC investigations in which all four parties are being investigated for instances of war crimes, you know, I believe to assert that this was equating these two I believe was not a generous interpretation whatsoever.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...-wing-vitriol/

"The United States is running concentration camps on our southern border, and that is exactly what they are – they are concentration camps, and if that doesn’t bother you … I want to talk to the people that are concerned enough with humanity to say that we should not, that ‘never again’ means something,”

“we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes” in the span of 10 years.

“How is Columbus Day a holiday but Election Day not?”

“unemployment is only low because everyone has two jobs

“Americans Are Dying From Global Warming”

“People are going to die if we don’t start addressing climate change ASAP. It’s not enough to think it’s important. We must make it urgent. That’s why we need a Select Committee on a Green New Deal, & why fossil fuel-funded officials shouldn’t be writing climate change policy.”

"I think that many members of our military need to go through years of training in order to have access to these weapons, and the idea that a 17-year-old can walk into a shop and get one, I think, is unacceptable."

“If we want to reduce violent crime, if we want to reduce the number of people in our jails, the answer is to stop building more of them."
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Says it all right there . Doesn't care how they get what they want so long as they get what they want.