Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Texas mass shooting - 1 arrested 1 on loose

So why the worry over stereotypes?

We all know that it's usually an angry white man and most likely is this time too. I think he had a bible in one hand and an NRA pamphlet in the other.

And I'm betting for sure that the one at large suspect for surely is a white redneck, mark my words!

---

Texas Newspaper Refuses To Give Description Of Suspect In Mass Shooting Because Of ‘Stereotypes’

A newspaper in Texas said on Saturday that it is not publishing the description that local law enforcement gave of a man suspected of shooting 13 people on Friday night because it “could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes.”

“Someone opened fire in a popular entertainment district in downtown Austin early Saturday, wounding 13 people, including two critically, before getting away,” the AP reported. “Investigators were looking into what sparked the shooting but were not able to get a detailed description of the shooter, though they believe it was a man and were going through surveillance video and other evidence, interim Police Chief Joseph Chacon said at a 4 a.m. news conference.”

The Austin American-Statesman reported that law enforcement had “zeroed in on two suspects” believed to have been involved in the shooting.

At the bottom of the Austin American-Statesman’s report, the newspaper explained that it was not going to give the description that law enforcement provided of one of the suspects:

Editor’s note: Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting.

In a statement, the Austin Police Department described the suspect as “a black male, with dread locks, wearing a black shirt and a skinny build.”

The description was included in the following statement from the department:

The Austin Police Department continues to investigate an early morning shooting that occurred in Downtown Austin where 13 victims sustained gunshot wounds or were injured, and a suspect(s) remains at-large.

On Saturday, June 12, 2021, at 1:24 a.m., Austin police responded to multiple shots fired near the 400 block of E. 6th Street. At that time, a large crowd of people began to disperse in the area. Officers initially located several victims who had sustained gunshot wounds and were injured. Officers immediately began performing life-saving measures on multiple victims. Officers transported six victims in police vehicles to the hospital. Three victims were transported in personal vehicles and Austin-Travis County EMS transported four victims to local hospitals.

There were a total of 13 victims who sustained gunshot wounds or were injured. Eleven victims are in stable condition, and two victims are in critical condition. At this time, no fatalities have been reported.

The suspect(s) remains at-large. It is unknown if there is one, or multiple suspects involved. There is one suspect described as a black male, with dread locks, wearing a black shirt and a skinny build. The area will be closed for an extended amount of time to process the crime scene. Investigators are collecting and reviewing camera footage and surveillance video.

At this time, this appears to be an isolated incident. The investigation is ongoing and this information is preliminary. Detectives are asking anyone with information or video of the incident to call APD Aggravated Assault Unit at 512-974-TIPS, utilize the Crime Stoppers tip line at 512-472-8477 (TIPS), or the Crime Stoppers app. You may remain anonymous.
    Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/texas...of-stereotypes
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default From what I've read of AUSTIN lately.

AUSTIN is the LONE DEMOCRAT SANCTUARY CITY, FULL OF SNOWFLAKES, SJW'S, BLMers, And ANTIFA centers located dangerously close to U.S. Army Base...FORT HOOD, TX.

The very same place where Nidal Malik Hasan
    Nidal Malik Hasan, MD (born September 8, 1970) is a former American Army Major convicted of killing 13 people and injuring more than 30 others in the Fort Hood mass shooting on November 5, 2009.

That area has become the TEXAS version of a future SAN FRANCISCO homeless center.

So, the FAKE NEWS idiots down there are afraid to be HONEST by using words like BLACK male, and DREADLOCKS because they are ACCURATELY describing one, of millions of people????
    Last edited by icansayit; 06-13-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Wonder how this affects Abbott signing the open carry law sitting on his desk not yet signed ...

That crap about not releasing descriptions is just pathetic. I have to assume it's not a white guy they're looking for. Was it, every other phrase in the story would be "white guy".

6. Thanks icansayit thanked this post