So I'm looking for a hands free app for Android, or similar. Anything but the built-in stereo. Whether an Android app or a separate hardware device or anything anyone knows of or uses.

First off, the reason I don't want to use the stereo in my truck. The volume doesn't like to be controlled. Sometimes I would like it out loud and other times privacy, if possible. And mainly for texting and not for phone calls. I've always got my earbuds on when driving so calls are easy. But when a text comes in I can't find an alternative that will automatically read it out loud for me. And in addition, being able to easily reply by voice. And then I use the Android built in messenger, I use Whatsapp, Signal & Viber. (don't ask). So they all act differently and they don't all like easy voice writing without first opening the app and then the message and lining everything up. Regular messenger and I can just say "send text" and then it asks to who. It just gets messy.

It would be nice if it just read any message coming in. Or a made up example - say a button appears with all of them on the desktop lets say, and then one click to read anything. Grasping for straws here.

Most hands free crap either fully disable your phone, or airplane mode, or auto-reply that you're driving... But sometimes you need the message or you need to reply.

As my eyes are getting worse I feel less and less comfortable with even trying to simply open a message and read it. So trying to do the right thing here...

Anyone else know of any options? And I know @NightTrain will try to convert me to the stereo option, but with various apps being used, and the desire for privacy, it's really not an option for me.