Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default The IOC, Doping and a Transgender Athlete

One tranny so far. That'll open the floodgate. Not sure who besides me follows the Olympics, but it has gotten as bad as US politics. The IOC could easy move right into Goodell's NFL and fit right in. Ball-less hypocrites, panderers and liars. They detract from the sports rather than make them better.

"Laurel" Hubbard is a fat slob of a male who couldn't even qualify in weightlifting as a male. He is the first tranny being allowed to compete against girls in the Olympics. So far. The damage he has done so far is he has broken all the records of the actual female weightlifter from NZ that qualified for the Olympics. She finally just quit. No Olympic appearance and no translating that into a living which is hard enough for weightlifters. Usually means a gym and selling a weightlifting program. Maybe she can come to the US and get one of those "career" McDonald's jobs available

What does Hubbard say? "I am who I am". No you're not. You're pretending to be something you aren't to get over and ruining other's lives in the process. Supposedly being on hormone suppression for a year prior to the Games, and testing at a certain level is the qualifier. I apparently need to give a class to the IOC. He's already past puberty and attained his size and strength back when he was still a he. That isn't going away, I don't care what shenanigans the IOC allows to kiss the asses of the 25% of the population that thinks it's okay. As an aside, that's a lot of people to be that stupid.

Other side of the coin. More than a few of the best lifters in the World are banned, or their country is banned, due to "doping". Meaning their test levels are too high. China, Russia and Rumania come to mind. The guy that won the gold in London, Alexi Torokhtiy was stripped of his medal along with a few others.

I'm not advocating cheating. But how is males having too high a test count for the IOCs taste bannable but a man posing as a woman to unfairly gain an advantage because of testosterone not?

Now, weightlifting might not be your sport, but you can look for this to spread like wildfire. What happens when men start competing in women's gymnastics or swimming because they can't cut it with the men?

This is why we can't have nice things.

2. Thanks SassyLady, Abbey Marie, Mika-El thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Mika-El liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

America is embarrassing themselves in the Olympic games. Forgot what it was all about and now injecting all of this BS lately.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    America is embarrassing themselves in the Olympic games. Forgot what it was all about and now injecting all of this BS lately.
    Here's something I don't get with that dirtbag you posted about. Gibbs?

You are competing to REPRESENT THE US in international athletic competition. HOW does one square representing the US with disrespecting the US in an international forum? She;d be gone. If I had to "import" a hammer thrower from Eastern Europe that was grateful as Hell I got her into the US I'd do it in a heartbeat and have this disrespectful idiot bumped down so she couldn't make it.

Not vindivtive. It would just be assisting her in reaping what she sows.

6. Likes SassyLady, jimnyc, Mika-El liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I quit watching when they allowed professional athletes to compete.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Mika-El liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I quit watching when they allowed professional athletes to compete.
    I certainly understand that. I watched the original "Dream Team" destroy any and everyone by a million points more for the novelty at the time, I guess. Haven't watched men's b-ball since.

Generally, I follow sports I played, especially at the time I was still playing them. Gymnastics would be an exception that I watch but never participated in above the playground level. The latter I believe would be felony child neglect these days

It's REALLY getting crappy. I read today the IOC is threatening to ban weightlifting from the Olympics because of all the recent doping charges, and bribes to cover it among the "mafia" that runs the various weightlifting federations. This is the same august body allowing a man to compete as a woman

I feel for the athletes, especially outside the US. Weightlifting is a hard ticket to begin with but for some, it's there "way out".

10. Likes Mika-El liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Remember when we used to disqualify Russian or East German women from swimming for chromosome tests or doping? Isn’t this much worse?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Remember when we used to disqualify Russian or East German women from swimming for chromosome tests or doping? Isn’t this much worse?
    It's the same. The Eastern bloc/USSR lived on steroids.

Here's the thing: I won't say all, but the countries you would think of as the usual suspects haven't changed their stripes because they changed their names. I don't have the list, but several of the Eastern European teams are banned, and China, of course.

China of course, is trying to be the new USSR and cheat to win at any and everything they can. Weightlifting is still big business in the Eastern Euro nations, a holdover business from the old Soviet days. What makes this "worse", is apparently there has been cover-ups and bribes among federation officials. I'd say being threatened with "get your act together or we're dropping your sport" is "worse".

MY point is the hypocrisy of allowing a man to compete as a woman against women because his fat, sloppy ass can't hang with the men. What's the difference between taking steroids and having a biological gender advantage because of more testosterone? It translates in the end to same damned thing to me.

14. Likes Mika-El liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It's the same. The Eastern bloc/USSR lived on steroids.

Here's the thing: I won't say all, but the countries you would think of as the usual suspects haven't changed their stripes because they changed their names. I don't have the list, but several of the Eastern European teams are banned, and China, of course.

China of course, is trying to be the new USSR and cheat to win at any and everything they can. Weightlifting is still big business in the Eastern Euro nations, a holdover business from the old Soviet days. What makes this "worse", is apparently there has been cover-ups and bribes among federation officials. I'd say being threatened with "get your act together or we're dropping your sport" is "worse".

MY point is the hypocrisy of allowing a man to compete as a woman against women because his fat, sloppy ass can't hang with the men. What's the difference between taking steroids and having a biological gender advantage because of more testosterone? It translates in the end to same damned thing to me.
    I say it’s worse now, because this gender crap is sanctioned by the Olympics. There will be no disqualifications for gender now, as there continues to be for doping, for example.

-Abbey

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I say it’s worse now, because this gender crap is sanctioned by the Olympics. There will be no disqualifications for gender now, as there continues to be for doping, for example.
    That's my point

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That's my point
    Ah well, you said it was the same in your post. Perhaps I misunderstood.

-Abbey

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Ah well, you said it was the same in your post. Perhaps I misunderstood.
    I didn't catch this first time around @Abbey. As far as I'm concerned, catering to transgenders in any way, shape and/or form is "worse". The IOC is sanctioning something unnatural and immoral.

IMO, it's part of a concerted effort on more than one front by a certain segment of society to destroy us from within, and so far, it's working because we're allowing it to happen.

Add this fat slob, 43 years old man being allowed to compete as a woman. He was not competitive as a male weightlifter, and WAY past his prime to be competitive as weightlifter in either gender. He's screwing over for-real women and if it isn't stopped, he won't be the last.

So, the short answer to your question is yes, this abomination is worse. Much worse.

21. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

They should have their own Olympics like the Paralympics.

What if a whole team of male basketball players decided to identify as female? Geesh ... what's next.

This is a very slippery slope.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

What if a whole team of male basketball players decided to identify as female? Geesh ... what's next.

I would be all for that. their own "Special Olympics" where men can compete as women and women can compete as men (as if the latter are going to sign up for THAT). They can argue among themselves for eternity "who is what" for all I care.

25. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I do not call transexuals immoral. I respect anyone until they show me otherwise but Sassy is how I would argue to deal with it to be fair. I agree with you all but my beef ain't against transexuals its against unfair competition.
    Last edited by Mika-El; 07-12-2021 at 07:28 PM.

27. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mika-El View Post
    I do not call transexuals immoral. I respect anyone until they show me otherwise but Sassy is how I would argue to deal with it to be fair. I agree with you all but my beef ain't against transexuals its against unfair competition.
    Guess I'm busted for introducing one (morality) with the other (competition). Morality is at the personal level and I am quite good at keeping it to myself unless expressing myself on a screen where written word is the means of communication.

It IS about the fair competition, but one cannot completely divorce one's principles/morals from the game(s). IMO, that's what is happening and wrong now. I personally would rather lose than cheat to win. Been that way as long as I can remember. Same question always comes up: if you cheat, are you truly the winner? The answer for me is no.

29. Likes SassyLady liked this post