Was gonna do a post on this myself Amigo...But will add on to yours...

...I really like that guy...Played some great roles...Tough Guy! He will be missed!!

Before playing a fictional tough guy, he played one in real life after enlisting with the Air Force during the Korean War in 1951 where he flew secret missions.

During his service, he made time for higher education he studied at institutions in Syracuse, Munich, and Paris before graduating Cum Laude from UCLA where he earned a master’s degree.

Smith, Eastwood, Sondra Locke, ‘Any Which Way You Can’ (1980) - Credit: Everett Collection

“It was to my immense delight that I immediately recognized the actor playing Jack Wilson,” Ebert wrote. “He was William (Big Bill) Smith, who played a lot of motorcycle gang leaders in films of the late 1960s and still looks as fearsome as ever.

He and Eastwood meet while out jogging one morning, and then he falls off a cliff and is rescued by Eastwood, after which he beats up a lot of guys who insult Eastwood’s girlfriend in a bar. All in a day’s work.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/william-smith-dies-actor-brawled-175137773.html