Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Americans Stage Die-In In Solidarity With Cubans

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 9:47 AM PT – Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Hundreds of protestors traveled to Washington, D.C. to demand action from the Biden administration regarding assistance to the Cuban people. Over the weekend, dressed in red paint to appear bloody and donning Cuban flags, protestors gathered first in front of the Cuban Embassy. They then marched to the White House with the intention to take their message straight to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
    Signs directed towards Biden and the vice president read “you’re sitting by while we die” and “Cuba’s blood is on your hands.” The masses chanted loudly behind the White House fence in English and Spanish, most notably repeating “people are dying” and “Biden is doing nothing.”

So far, Biden has expressed interest in intervening to provide free internet access for Cubans on the island. However, many demonstrators believe that is not enough and are demanding military intervention to topple the communist dictatorship as well as free more than 400 citizens who have been detained or are missing for peacefully protesting.
    Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has also been an advocate for a humanitarian military intervention.

As of now, Biden appears to not be considering that route despite demands from Cuban-Americans. In the meantime, the administration is expected to announce initial steps soon for a response to the Cuban government’s repression of pro-democracy protestors, although the swiftness and intensity of these actions remain unclear.
    https://www.oann.com/americans-stage...y-with-cubans/

The Dems lost the Cuban vote when Clinton handed Elian Gonzales over to the Cuban commies. So Cuba's in the middle of a civil war against the commie government and what does Biden offer? Free internet

I don't even know the words to express how incredibly unbelievable this administration is.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I realize Biden is abysmally stupid, but really - how does he expect free Internet will help Cubans as all? I'm guessing that most Cubans don't even have devices to connect to it.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

4. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I realize Biden is abysmally stupid, but really - how does he expect free Internet will help Cubans as all? I'm guessing that most Cubans don't even have devices to connect to it.
    Right? WHO exactly is he offer free internet to? The Cuban government?

Politicians are so damned out of touch. Then there's the braindead fool occupying the WH. How about beans, bullets n bandaids? This isn't hard

6. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Cuba, via China took down most of internet, especially social media. Just like in Hong Kong, the resistance used phones/internet to both meet up and to avoid police/military. It was also the only way to get images out of Cuba, like to relatives in US.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Cuba, via China took down most of internet, especially social media. Just like in Hong Kong, the resistance used phones/internet to both meet up and to avoid police/military. It was also the only way to get images out of Cuba, like to relatives in US.
    Couple of issues after boning up on the topic

This is a spontaneous, popular uprising. Unplanned and uncoordinated. Those usually work about as well as it did in Hong Kong. I don't know when people are ever going to figure out you have to meet force with superior force. They aren't going to talk their government into doing the right thing and/or abdicating power.

The World could cut off ALL support for the Cuban government and China will step right in just as the Soviet Union did 60 years ago. I mention that because I saw that idea, among others, bandied about by armchair know-it-alls.

I tend to agree with whichever egghead stated that many of the Cuban people would turn and support the Cuban government against direct, US military intervention. I've stated the same every time someone has come up with direct US intervention in Iran. Most Cubans are going to STILL blame us for most of their woes.

The problem is there is no "leader", nor organization of any kind to deal with. If there was, I'd say just start dropping supplies in an area the resistance has secured. Establish communications with them and see what they need.

I'm all for giving the people internet to keep laying it on the web hot and heavy, but it is not a means of communication to be used by an organized resistance. It's an unsecure means of communications the enemy has as much access to as the resistance.

While all this is happening in real time, we have a bunch of talking idiots, having meetings, weighing in on the topic like they know something (most don't even have a clue what the embargo is or means)such as BLM, the idiot occupying the WH, and every pundit with a keyboard and media access.

I wouldn't want help from the US. Every time we "help" the bad guys win.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Couple of issues after boning up on the topic

This is a spontaneous, popular uprising. Unplanned and uncoordinated. Those usually work about as well as it did in Hong Kong. I don't know when people are ever going to figure out you have to meet force with superior force. They aren't going to talk their government into doing the right thing and/or abdicating power.

The World could cut off ALL support for the Cuban government and China will step right in just as the Soviet Union did 60 years ago. I mention that because I saw that idea, among others, bandied about by armchair know-it-alls.

I tend to agree with whichever egghead stated that many of the Cuban people would turn and support the Cuban government against direct, US military intervention. I've stated the same every time someone has come up with direct US intervention in Iran. Most Cubans are going to STILL blame us for most of their woes.

The problem is there is no "leader", nor organization of any kind to deal with. If there was, I'd say just start dropping supplies in an area the resistance has secured. Establish communications with them and see what they need.

I'm all for giving the people internet to keep laying it on the web hot and heavy, but it is not a means of communication to be used by an organized resistance. It's an unsecure means of communications the enemy has as much access to as the resistance.

While all this is happening in real time, we have a bunch of talking idiots, having meetings, weighing in on the topic like they know something (most don't even have a clue what the embargo is or means)such as BLM, the idiot occupying the WH, and every pundit with a keyboard and media access.

I wouldn't want help from the US. Every time we "help" the bad guys win.
    I admit I'm likely naive, but if Cuba thought they had support, I'm in disagreement. I thought same with Iranian uprising, Obama nixed that. Hong Kong, not so much, China would have escalated to major war.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I admit I'm likely naive, but if Cuba thought they had support, I'm in disagreement. I thought same with Iranian uprising, Obama nixed that. Hong Kong, not so much, China would have escalated to major war.
    Cuban-Americans have wanted our support since 1962, when they were still Cubans. You have people our age in Cuba who have known nothing but Cuban and Soviet brainwashing. We're the bad guys. They want to change their government but we're STILL the bad guys. Same with Iran. Iranians may hate their government, but they hate us more.

I'm the Marine here, remember? I have zero problem with firing up the Fleet in Norfolk and Camp Lejeune and laying waste to the Cuban government. What then? We stick around, hook them up with our exploitive corporations and our politicians playing tug of war with their future.

My idea would be to establish a point of supply and we have one. GTMO. Provide them with everything they need and for Christ's sake feed the damned people. I also would look into this: When we lived in Key West and Miami during the 60s n 70s, there was a democratic government in exile in Miami, not to mention a small army. If they still exist, and knowing Cubans I'm sure they do in one form or another, you have an interim government. The Cubans might not be will to accept and/or trust them long term, but better them than a bunch of suits from DC.

I guess I just have no faith in our government doing anything in good faith. Look how it treats Americans.

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post