Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Food Costs Up 10-14% By October?

I just bought a month's worth of frozen food-got a new freezer a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll make another run next week.

https://fee.org/articles/grocery-pri...ain-ceo-warns/
    Last edited by Kathianne; 07-21-2021 at 03:23 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

All kinds of consumer products are expected to increase over the next year. We all saw it coming.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    All kinds of consumer products are expected to increase over the next year. We all saw it coming.
    Food and gas are the ones I worry about, everything else I can control.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Food and gas are the ones I worry about, everything else I can control.
    Filled up again yesterday and what used to be a solid $52.00 even or so for the longest, now cost me $71 yesterday.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to worry, well at least to Biden. Joe doesn't know anybody including his buddy Larry Summers that believe inflation is a long term situation.

During a town hall on CNN on Wednesday, President Joe Biden stated that he doesn’t know anyone, including economist Lawrence Summers, who thinks inflation will be a long-term issue “if we do the things we’re going to do” like passing spending he has pushed.Biden said that the price increases are temporary increases due to the economy recovering after the coronavirus pandemic and argued that passing the spending plans he has touted will actually decrease prices, adding, “I don’t know anybody, including Larry Summers, who’s a friend of mine, who’s worried about inflation, is suggesting that there’s any long-term march here if we do the things we’re going to do. For example, if we get this bill done that I’ve been — put together a long time ago.
    Ah but notice he pegged it to the spending bill being passed (like government spending will reduce inflation ). So when the spending bill is not passed or not passed completely how the dems want it they will turn around and blame the republicans.

So this inflation really hits the low income and fixed income people very hard. The donor class is not affected by inflation and couldn't really care less. I'm sure Nancy still has $28 pints of ice cream in her freezer.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post