Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Pentagon Announces Mandatory Vaccination For Military

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 1:03 PM PT – Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Pentagon announced requirements for all members of the military to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Pentagon Spokesman John Kirby announced the plan on Monday and highlighted the military was in compliance with Joe Biden’s direction.
    “You can consider this memo today as what we would call in the military a warning order. A warning order to the force that this is coming and we want you to be ready for it as well,” he stated. “Obviously, we’d prefer that you get the vaccine now and not wait for the mandate.”
    In a memo, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin announced employees of the Department of Defense would have until September 15 to get the COVID-19 vaccination.
    Austin went on to say, “I will not hesitate to act sooner or recommend a different course.”

Kirby reiterated the secretary’s sentiments by saying the military was following Biden’s recommendations.
    “We are going to be developing policies to comply with the president’s direction that the unvaccinated will have to be subjected to certain requirements and restrictions,” he explained. “…We’re working hard on what will be a policy directive to come in the coming days that will make it clear what those requirements and restrictions are and how they apply to everybody in the duty workforce, including uniformed personnel.”
    Those who would be resistant to receiving the shot may be faced with obstacles and punishments. Austin said the military would comply with Biden’s “direction regarding additional restrictions and requirements for unvaccinated federal personnel.”

https://www.oann.com/pentagon-announ...-for-military/

I have been through this with anthrax vaccine. They Gunny in me says "get on line and roll up your sleeves".

However, each and every time they pulled such a stunt it certainly raised my hackles. As the military is quick to point out, I signed on the dotted line. Yep. So did the military. Don't come around later making unilateral changes without offering an out. Instead, they get threatened with punitive action. Hardly dealing in good faith.

You can request discharge for being pregnant, being gay (or whatever the rest of the alphabet soup is). You can be discharged simply for failure to conform to a military lifestyle. All administrative, not punitive, discharges.

I DO understand the need, if one is going to remain in the force, to be immunized. If a Sailor or Marine catches a cold in the focsle, it'll be in the fantail and all berthing spaces by evening chow. Worse, "quarantine" on a ship under way is the brig. No thanks. Not to mention, when you're out (the ship/unit/MEU/force) you have to be operational capable 24/7. You get about the first 5 days to get over your queasy stomach and then you're expected to perform.

In that regard, I have no problem with it. We're not at war anymore. If they refuse the shot then let them out. You don't have to trash their characterization of service about it. Which makes this just another power and control issue.

Not to mention this order is coming from the same dickhead pushing CRT in the military. His judgment has no credibility in this Marine's estimation.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-11-2021 at 09:11 AM.

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post