Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Texas Judges Temporarily Block Gov. Abbott’s Executive Orders

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 9:02 AM PT – Sunday, August 15, 2021

Two Texas judges have blocked separate executive orders imposed by Gov. Greg Abbott (R-Texas). One federal judge extended a temporary restraining order against the executive order imposed by the Texas governor. On Friday, U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone extended the order to Aug. 27, blocking Abbott’s directive for state troopers to pull over any vehicle suspected of transporting migrants who may pose a risk of carrying COVID-19.
    A temporary restraining order was granted earlier this month per request from the Justice Department and was originally set to expire on Friday. Abbott has previously defended the measure for the health and safety of Texans, while many opponents have said it could lead to racial profiling.
    Meanwhile, a separate Texas judge blocked another one of Abbott’s orders later on Friday, which bans local governments and schools from imposing mask mandates. In a statement to KEYE, Travis County Judge Andy Brown said the order overreaches and limits the ability of county officials and health authorities to protect their communities.

However, earlier this week, Abbott and Attorney General Ken Paxton criticized “attention grabbing judges and mayors” who defied executive orders when the pandemic first began, adding they’ve lost before.
    In the meantime, the Republican governor vowed any school district, local government, or public university that chooses to defy the directive, would be taken to court.
    https://www.oann.com/texas-judges-te...cutive-orders/

Abbott is making a mistake, IMO, and jeopardizing everything else he stands to gain against the Fed gov't over this silly ass no mask mandate. Which is as dumb as a mask mandate.

I could give a shit less about the masks but I want that voter accountability law passed. I've about had it up to my eyeballs with people on the right not being able to get simple priorities in order.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-15-2021 at 07:39 PM.