Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Eric Clapton is continuing to wage musical war against COVID-19 vaccinations and lock

USA TODAY
    USA TODAY
    Eric Clapton sings 'enough is enough' on new COVID policy protest song 'This Has Gotta Stop'
    Melissa Ruggieri, USA TODAY - Yesterday 4:11 PM

Eric Clapton is continuing to wage musical war against COVID-19 vaccinations and lockdowns.

The legendary guitarist, who has publicly rebuked vaccine mandates and complained about a “disastrous” health experience after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccination, has released a new song, “This Has Gotta Stop.”

Set to a jaunty blues shuffle, Clapton offers bracing opening words: “This has gotta stop/Enough is enough/I can’t take this b.s. any longer.”

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

Clapton also seemingly makes reference to some of the repercussions he said he experienced after receiving the vaccine with the lyrics, “I knew that something was going on wrong/When you started laying down the law/I can’t move my hands, I break out in sweat/I wanna cry, I can’t take it anymore.”

Artwork for Eric Clapton's new single, "This Has Gotta Stop."
    © Tom Sutton
    Artwork for Eric Clapton's new single, "This Has Gotta Stop."
    Safety first: How musicians feel about touring during COVID

The accompanying animated video features stick figures carrying signs that read “Liberty” and “Enough is enough,” as well as making other social statements about excessive consumption of media and climate concerns.

The song was written by Clapton and produced by his longtime producing partner Simon Climie. Joining him on the track are drummer Sonny Emery, bassist Nathan East and background singer Sharon White.

Video player from: YouTube (Privacy Policy, Terms)
    The singer-guitarist is scheduled to perform a handful of U.S. concerts, primarily in the South, starting Sept. 15 in Austin. Last month Clapton reportedly posted a statement on film producer Robin Monotti Graziadei’s Telegram account that he would not play any venues that required proof of vaccinations for entry. USA TODAY has been unable to confirm the report after reaching out for comment.

Clapton’s public grievances about government mandates regarding COVID-19 and their effects on the live music industry started last year.

In December he released an anti-lockdown song up with Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison called "Stand and Deliver."

The song urges listeners to push back against the narrative they've been hearing, with lyrics such as: "Stand and deliver / You let them put the fear on you /Stand and deliver / But not a word you heard was true /But if there's nothing you can say /There may be nothing you can do/ Do you want to be a free man/ Or do you want to be a slave?"

Proceeds from the track went to Morrison’s Save Live Music campaign benefiting those working in the music industry in the UK and Ireland.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Likes Juicer66, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Brave of Eric to fight back publicly .

We will need many others to get brave as we push back the Zombies .

At this early stage it will be ridiculed , but much anecdotal evidence that vaccinated people are having huge control difficulties .

Behaving irrationally / over argumentative / cause of accidents etc . Breathing .

This could be consistent with rising inflammatory conditions caused by the Spike Protein attacking throughout the body and brain . Let alone from the poison Graphene Oxide .

Still think we need the witches test to show how rotten they have become --- where you throw them in the water and drown them regardless .