Not sure if anyone has been following the story about ESPN getting duped in showing a high school football game.

Was ESPN scammed by a fake high school? The real scandal goes much deeper

Such is the cost of making a big business out of high school sports, which only figures to grow once college student-athletes really start getting paid. The stakes will be higher, the scrutiny more intense. All the while scores more players figure to be squeezed and discarded for content, not unlike that unnamed linebacker in the No 54 jersey. Yes, Bishop Sycamore was exposed, but the real scam – the professionalization of high school sports – thrives unchecked. Where is the deep dive into that?
I'm against college athletes getting paid but I don't have any reason to exclude them from making money on their likeness or whatever but I think with almost anything related to "amateur" athletics it will result in plenty of adults getting paid and merely a few athletes making any real dollars.
@jimnyc I think you can officially combine the collegiate sports forum with the professional sports forum.