Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I saw that, I just think it's sad he sued his son and daughter-in-law.
    It is sad. Ideally, families support each other through thick and thin.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Why aren't ppl seeing the villian here - a Son who seemingly defaulted on a home-loan from or because of his Dad?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I saw that, I just think it's sad he sued his son and daughter-in-law.
    Absolutely. Unfortunately it sometimes happens, especially where money is involved. The harsh truth is that, whether or not there are familial ties shouldn't effect a business transaction, which is what this was. Following that logic, if the stipulations of the arrangement are not met, frequently the only course left is litigation. As far as the phone calls and e-mails are concerned, well, that is indeed creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Well, isn't this an interesting tidbit. To read this thread, you would never know it. Funny that the people wrenching their hands over the father collecting the loan money from the son, still have not acknowledged it.
    Abbey, you must take into consideration the true purpose of this thread. The initial post was intended to generate some commentary, get some discussion going, probably generate some support for the father's actions, this was quickly followed by the article discussing how a congressional committee has opened an investigation of Krongard, "alleging he blocked fraud investigations in Afghanistan and Iraq, including potential security lapses at the newly built U.S. embassy in Baghdad."

The the big reveal:

Oh my! He's a Republican appointee! What family values?! He would destroy his family for money?! You call that "family values?" How can you idiots defend this man? He's a criminal! You call yourselves Americans? Blah blah blah blah.

None of the substance really mattered, it was all just a circuitous effort to attack conservatives, again.

In my opinion.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Why aren't ppl seeing the villian here - a Son who seemingly defaulted on a home-loan from or because of his Dad?
    Damn it dmp, that's not the purpose of this thread! Are you trying to hijack it with reason and analytical thought?

Seriously, that was my take on the story from the word go, but as I stated in my above post, this thread isn't really about a father suing his kid or a kid trying to stiff his father for $320,000. It's about how corrupt Republicans are.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Absolutely. Unfortunately it sometimes happens, especially where money is involved. The harsh truth is that, whether or not there are familial ties shouldn't effect a business transaction, which is what this was. Following that logic, if the stipulations of the arrangement are not met, frequently the only course left is litigation. As far as the phone calls and e-mails are concerned, well, that is indeed creepy.

Abbey, you must take into consideration the true purpose of this thread. The initial post was intended to generate some commentary, get some discussion going, probably generate some support for the father's actions, this was quickly followed by the article discussing how a congressional committee has opened an investigation of Krongard, "alleging he blocked fraud investigations in Afghanistan and Iraq, including potential security lapses at the newly built U.S. embassy in Baghdad."

The the big reveal:

Oh my! He's a Republican appointee! What family values?! He would destroy his family for money?! You call that "family values?" How can you idiots defend this man? He's a criminal! You call yourselves Americans? Blah blah blah blah.

None of the substance really mattered, it was all just a circuitous effort to attack conservatives, again.

In my opinion.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the resident Christian Liberal on this board , there are a couple of Biblical teachings that come to mind when reading this thread about this man....

first this relates the closet:

An Eye for an Eye
    38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[g] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
    and then there is also this Chapter in Matthew that speaks about how a father normally treats his children, which appears NOT to be happening with this particular man.

Please NOTE though, that his son was also showing disrespect for his own father by not paying back the loan in a timely manner... but we must also take note that we do not KNOW ALL of the circumstances surrounding this law suit on either the father's side or the son's side, and it is probably none of our beeswax, when you get right down to it!

Matthew 7
    Judging Others

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the
    road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.
    And there is another passage that I can not find that speaks about not taking someone to court, settle your differences out of court, before going before the Law...that relates to this issue also....

And I know probably none of you want to hear this, but the Gospels of Jesus Christ, could teach us all a good thing or two, whether athiest, agnostic, jew, budhist, or whatever you are or are NOT!

jd
    Last edited by JohnDoe; 09-28-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

JD - it's okay. You can't help yourself but rise to the persecution of EVERY Republican. lol!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    The the big reveal:

In my opinion.
    The self-styled conservatives have brought it on themselves by doing exactly the same thing to everyone else (or the "liberals," as they end up getting called) for the past 30 years or so.

In my opinion.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    The self-styled conservatives have brought it on themselves by doing exactly the same thing to everyone else (or the "liberals," as they end up getting called) for the past 30 years or so.

In my opinion.
    I can't disagree.

The truth is, I am and have been sick of it for years, from both sides. For either party to pretend they are better than the other is the height of arrogance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JD - it's okay. You can't help yourself but rise to the persecution of EVERY Republican. lol!
    BALONEY!!!!!

I was not persecuting anyone, i don't even know enough about this scenario to do such....the dad and the kid both seem like jerks to me, but i shouldn't be judging this either way!!!

i do find it a little hypocritical for repubs to bash liberals for pointing out that ''they ain't so perfect when it comes to their own PLATFORM of family values'', when i have taken nothing less than a VERBAL BEATING by so called family value republicans for the last 6 years.... just because i generally vote democratic....

AND if quoting the Bible is considered ''persecution'' of EVERY repub dmp, then..... so be it! lol

i don't see it as persecution at all, honestly? even Christ quoted scripture when fighting off the Devil in the dessert, i believe?

anyway, regardless of this guys private life, his actions in his government position, have little to be desired, if true, in my book!!!!!!!!

jd

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    BALONEY!!!!!

I was not persecuting anyone, i don't even know enough about this scenario to do such....the dad and the kid both seem like jerks to me, but i shouldn't be judging this either way!!!
    Why not judge it? Say something like "Based on the facts I've read, assuming they are true, the Son may have screwed over his dad pretty badly. "

i do find it a little hypocritical for repubs to bash liberals for pointing out that ''they ain't so perfect when it comes to their own PLATFORM of family values'', when i have taken nothing less than a VERBAL BEATING by so called family value republicans for the last 6 years.... just because i generally vote democratic....
    That's a logical fallacy. Their behaviour does not change the fact their message is true.

AND if quoting the Bible is considered ''persecution'' of EVERY repub dmp, then..... so be it! lol
    You should try to understand the bible before you quote it to 'attack' somebody, JD.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should try to understand the bible before you quote it to 'attack' somebody, JD.
    yes, good advice for you to take!!!! oh, and your brother too!!!! not the BOGUS attacking part, but getting to know and understand the Bible and the beauty of its message of pure love!!!!

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    Hes more than a neighbor hes my employee.
    You do not have automatic standing as a taxpayer

And, just because you pay taxes DOES NOT make someone who the government hires/manages your employee. Do you even understand the concept of taxes? You give money to another entity so they can manage, not you. You do have some say, it is called a vote. There are other ways, but the first is a vote.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    yes, good advice for you to take!!!! oh, and your brother too!!!! not the BOGUS attacking part, but getting to know and understand the Bible and the beauty of its message of pure love!!!!

jd
    *gag*

If you read the bible, sin was attacked all the time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/iraq/story/20100.html

Investigators have said his staff threatened them with retaliation.

The two investigators said they were threatened with retaliation — perhaps including losing their jobs — if they cooperated, Waxman said in a letter to Krongard.

According to the letter, Krongard's congressional liaison told one of the two, Special Agent Ronald A. Militana, "Howard can fire you. It would affect your ability to get another job."