Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Remembering 9/11

Including an article that has tons and tons of pictures of that day if you go look. Quite a few videos too.

This one says it all:

That day, the next and for the year to follow the words were "We will never forget". Did that hold up? For many it did, but sadly for others it went out the window and they no longer give a shit.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Remembering Events Of 9/11, 20 Years Later

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 6:45 AM PT – Saturday, September 11, 2021

On the morning of September 11, 2001, the Twin Towers stood high among the New York City skyline as no one predicted the tragedy that would strike the buildings just hours later. At 7:59 a.m., American Airlines Flight 11 departed Logan International Airport in Boston and headed for Los Angeles, California.
    15 minutes later, United Airlines Flight 175 also left for Los Angeles from Boston. In addition, American Airlines Flight 77 to Los Angeles took off from Dulles International Airport at 8:20 a.m. In New Jersey, United Flight 93 departed from Newark International Airport at 8:41 a.m. to travel to San Francisco.
    Within just 42 minutes, four planes were in the air with terrorists on board. Flight attendants aboard United Flight 11 were the first to report hijackers and at 8:46 a.m., the plane flew into the north tower of the World Trade Center.
    17 minutes later, an image that has burned into the minds of Americans unfolded on live television as hijackers flew United Flight 175 into the South Tower. By 9:31 a.m., President George W. Bush declared the events an apparent terrorist attack.

Just six minutes later, Flight 77 crashed into the western side of the Pentagon. At 9:59 a.m., the south tower collapsed to the ground. For the first time, all flights over or headed to the continental U.S. were grounded by the Federal Aviation Administration.
    United Flight 93 was the only plane still in the air and the pilots sent a mayday call to air traffic control. After those aboard the flight heard about the attacks in New York and Washington, they attempted to take control away from the hijackers.
    The Boeing 757 crashed into a field in Somerset County, Pennsylvania at 10:07 a.m. Two hours and 18 minutes after the first plane took of from Boston, hundreds of Americans had been killed as part of a terrorist attack.
    However, the death toll continued to rise. The World Trade Center’s north tower collapsed at 10:28 a.m.
    Americans across the country were in a panic as the president announced U.S. military forces worldwide were on high alert. George W. Bush returned to the White House at nearly 7 p.m. and declared a war on terrorism during a nationwide address later that night.

Today, the skyline of Manhattan looks different than it did on the morning of September 11, 2001. The One World Trade Center, also known as the Freedom Tower, opened on November 3, 2014 and stands on the northwest corner of the World Trade Center site.
    Memorials have also been built to honor the victims. The 9/11 Memorial opened on September 11, 2011 in remembrance of the 2,977 lives lost in the tragic events of that day.
    Two reflecting pools now sit within the footprints left by the Twin Towers, with the names of every victim inscribed in bronze panels around them. There is also a Pentagon memorial in Arlington County, Virginia and a Flight 93 National Memorial in Pennsylvania.
    September 11, 2001 was the single largest loss of life from a foreign attack on U.S. soil. A day that will never be forgotten by Americans.
    https://www.oann.com/remembering-eve...0-years-later/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks icansayit, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Anyone else shedding tears watching all this again? Every year it hits again as if it's the first time. Same emotions.

Especially this year. The anger and fear are back due to Afghanistan debacle. This time even more because of the leadership we now have. At least back then we had a leader we could count on.

And the sadness .. heard a veteran running for congress committed suicide at cemetery because feels last 20 years of sacrifice was wasted. How many more will there be?

I remember sitting in front of TV watching all of this as my husband told me he wouldn't be home for a few days because his unit was on alert. Then the underlying fear over the next few years never knowing if he would be deployed, then being deployed and after coming home whether he would be deployed again.

The absolute devastation of hearing the gun salute and taps playing at the funerals of members of his unit killed in combat was the worst.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Thanks Gunny, icansayit, JakeStarkey thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default We all have reasons NOT TO FORGET.

Our personal story that day was like millions of others. My wife and I were having our annual physicals at the Doctors office when we heard the announcement about the Towers being hit.

Our first thoughts were for our Daughter-in-law who worked for the Marines as a civilian accountant IN THE PENTAGON.
    That scared both of us so much. We will never forget.

Good side of the story. That day she was working at Quantico (but we didn't know that at the time).
    Our oldest son later called us and told us she wasn't there.

GOD DOES WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS and we are so very grateful and WILL NEVER FORGET.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

8. Thanks SassyLady, Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Like everyone else, I won't forget that day. Remembering exactly where I was and who I was with and what we were all doing. I can see in front of me the entire intersection of 5th ave and 58th street. Meeting with Diana and the entire ride out of the city and back home. Weird how everything prior and not long after is hazy and forgotten. But those moments when it happened, when we all found out about it - is etched in our memories - more so than most other events in our lives.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default 9/11 anniversary: Emotional tributes paid to lives lost

At least we had a President show up to give a live speech.

Many struggled to hold back tears at the ceremony held at Ground Zero, the site of the Twin Towers destroyed in the attacks by al-Qaeda militants.

"Twenty years feels like an eternity, but it still feels like yesterday," cried Lisa Reina who lost her husband.

A minute's silence was held at the exact time each hijacked plane crashed.

George W Bush, who was the US president at the time, gave a speech in Pennsylvania, where one of the planes crashed into a field after passengers overpowered the hijackers.

"The world was loud with carnage and sirens, and then quiet with missing voices that would never be heard again," he said.

"It's hard to describe the mix of feelings we experienced."

cont. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58530073
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Given what has happened the last month or so, it's sadder this year.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Given what has happened the last month or so, it's sadder this year.
    All for naught.

16. Thanks Black Diamond, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    At least we had a President show up to give a live speech.

cont. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58530073
    I thought it a wonderful speech, some on the right though of course have determined he was calling them 'terrorists,' for he said we had to vigilant about threats without and within. Hmm, he mentioned no groups. Guess it's where one's thinking is, mine was antifa, blm, and new unvetted guys in Ubers from Afghanistan.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 09-11-2021 at 05:37 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

18. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Though we will never FORGET...

Here's one of the WTC during a happier, more innocent time in all of our lives.

Let's remember as IT WAS before the World Changed Forever.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

20. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My daughter reminded me today that my son-in-law was in one of the towers on 9/10. He was on his way home from NYC that morning. Landed in Phoenix right before everything was grounded.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

22. Thanks icansayit, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

24. Thanks icansayit, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I thought it a wonderful speech, some on the right though of course have determined he was calling them 'terrorists,' for he said we had to vigilant about threats without and within. Hmm, he mentioned no groups. Guess it's where one's thinking is, mine was antifa, blm, and new unvetted guys in Ubers from Afghanistan.
    Yet today we have a President that is buddies with the very people that believe we as a nation, we infidels. ,, must,, be destroyed. A president that allies with muslim terrorists and arms them. HOw is that evidence of our not forgetting..That we are so divided that we have so many that do not see the truth.. The tragic reality of this fraud that is President. To me it is like a stab in the heart is barely a minor flash wound to the toe. And I do not forget who did this not the party that is now friends with them. Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-12-2021 at 06:29 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Yet today we have a President that is buddies with the very people that believe we as a nation, we infidels. ,, must,, be destroyed. A president that allies with muslim terrorists and arms them. HOw is that evidence of our not forgetting..That we are so divided that we have so many that do not see the truth.. The tragic reality of this fraud that is President. To me it is like a stab in the heart is barely a minor flash wound to the toe. And I do not forget who did this not the party that is now friends with them. Tyr
    Not understanding why my quote was used.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

27. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Not understanding why my quote was used.
    It was used as context to the current reality of what we are enduring in this nation and in the world today.
    That we are far, far from the first mindset that was born immediately after the 911 attack.
    Especially so the closing part of your comment-that spoke of how divided we currently are. And my reply
    tho' maybe a bit confusing(inadequate) was to point out the primary cause of this very sad state we are in.
    Because we have forgotten the main thing- who and what the attackers were, what they are, and what they still plan.
    That plan did not go away, as it is the core ideology and primary goal of Islam. Which the dem party is in a rigid fiirm alliance with.
    There was no intent of using your remark but as a great aid, because it cited the truth.
    I was myself just adding the guy(the idiot and useful puppet Biden) and the political party that has decided to become allied with
    those that executed that dastardly, treacherous and murderous attack upon so many innocent souls.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.