Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fishing Guru View Post
Sorry to hear, I know it can be unsettling but the best piece of advice I can give is get a fingertip pulse-ox meter and keep tabs on your oxygen saturation. Even if you aren't short of breath, the aches and general lack of movement makes you susceptible to pneumonia.

I'll relate my story . . .

I tested positive on November 25th 2020, which was 5 days after symptoms started, had a total of 8 days of hellish symptoms . . . Unrelenting fever, sweats, complete exhaustion and the worst back and joint pain and stiffness I've ever had, it really kicked my ass.

Those symptoms resolved and I felt OK for 3 days and I thought I was out of the woods .. . Then shortness of breath set in, pulse-ox dropped into the 80's and went to the hospital and spent 5 days there, receiving Remdesivir and Dexamethasone and on nasal O2 for 3 days even though my O2 saturation recovered very nicely once therapeutics started.

After coming home, it was into the end of January of not feeling right, total weakness, not capable of drawing a full breath, plus the COVID fog.

I had blood work in January and then at the end of April and the results showed SARS-CoV-2 IgG Antibody, the April tests were 22 weeks after testing positive.

After much internal debate I got the J&J on May 1st. The day after I felt like I had the RONA again, fever, aches but next day felt better.

I'm pissed that discerning the immunity from actual infection has never been of much interest to the "experts". I surrendered to family and social pressure to get the jab but speaking for me, I regret it, I'm just glad I did the J&J and not an mRNA. Even though, I will NOT be getting any booster.

All in all, and as more and more comes out about the robustness and durability of actual immunity from infection, I'm glad I got the China Flu (and damnit, I'll call it what I want). I can't say I wasn't scared at the diagnosis, I was 60, pleasingly plump and with other negative preconditions and my daughter and her wife (both nurses) were absolute nervous wrecks. Only good thing, my daughter-in-law was working in the COVID ward where I was so that made the stay a little better.

Stay positive, check the O2 and take zinc and D3, hope you feel better real quick!

Thank you for sharing your story.