Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fishing Guru View Post
    Sorry to hear, I know it can be unsettling but the best piece of advice I can give is get a fingertip pulse-ox meter and keep tabs on your oxygen saturation. Even if you aren't short of breath, the aches and general lack of movement makes you susceptible to pneumonia.

I'll relate my story . . .

I tested positive on November 25th 2020, which was 5 days after symptoms started, had a total of 8 days of hellish symptoms . . . Unrelenting fever, sweats, complete exhaustion and the worst back and joint pain and stiffness I've ever had, it really kicked my ass.

Those symptoms resolved and I felt OK for 3 days and I thought I was out of the woods .. . Then shortness of breath set in, pulse-ox dropped into the 80's and went to the hospital and spent 5 days there, receiving Remdesivir and Dexamethasone and on nasal O2 for 3 days even though my O2 saturation recovered very nicely once therapeutics started.

After coming home, it was into the end of January of not feeling right, total weakness, not capable of drawing a full breath, plus the COVID fog.

I had blood work in January and then at the end of April and the results showed SARS-CoV-2 IgG Antibody, the April tests were 22 weeks after testing positive.

After much internal debate I got the J&J on May 1st. The day after I felt like I had the RONA again, fever, aches but next day felt better.

I'm pissed that discerning the immunity from actual infection has never been of much interest to the "experts". I surrendered to family and social pressure to get the jab but speaking for me, I regret it, I'm just glad I did the J&J and not an mRNA. Even though, I will NOT be getting any booster.

All in all, and as more and more comes out about the robustness and durability of actual immunity from infection, I'm glad I got the China Flu (and damnit, I'll call it what I want). I can't say I wasn't scared at the diagnosis, I was 60, pleasingly plump and with other negative preconditions and my daughter and her wife (both nurses) were absolute nervous wrecks. Only good thing, my daughter-in-law was working in the COVID ward where I was so that made the stay a little better.

Stay positive, check the O2 and take zinc and D3, hope you feel better real quick!

Thank you for sharing your story.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Surf Fishing Guru liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you both Abbey & Surf Fishing Guru for the info.

I'm always very frustrated when someone says "I had rono and it was...." without any additional detail.

Good to know you're both recovering.

Curious, do either of you know when/where or how you were exposed?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes darin, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

I'm always very frustrated when someone says "I had rono and it was...." without any additional detail.

I cannot speak for either of them, but, my daughter is an elementary school teacher in a public school. It was the only place she could have been exposed. We were already on "lockdown", social distancing, masking. Neither of my granddaughters who attend public school nor the grandson and I who stayed home got it.

I can also point out that she got it pre-vaccine, and with all the social distancing and masking rules in place.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Mr. P thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

Thanks Mr. P.

My best guess is a concert in a theater that my family went to a few days before symptoms. Not a mask in sight.
    I wore mine for a while, but once I got into the music, I took it off.
    The weird thing though is I tested negative 4 days later. I re-tested because I just had a gut feeling that I should, and then it was positive. Thank goodness because I was about to go play board games with my friends.
    I guess I will never know why the initial negative. Did I get it somewhere else later, or was it a false negative?
    Plus hubby is still negative, and daughter tested positive with zero symptoms. She is negative now.

-Abbey

8. Thanks Gunny, Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Marie View Post
    Plus hubby is still negative, and daughter tested positive with zero symptoms. She is negative now.

Glad you're feeling better, Abs!

Funny thing about your family not catching it, even though you were all locked up in the same house. I know of 3 different guys here in AK that had their kids bring it home from school. Everyone in their house got sick - except the husband.

All 3 of them were sure they were going to catch it, but they never did. I'm thinking a natural immunity, because they all got tested multiple times after and they never had it according to the bloodwork, and their families were confirmed to have had it from the bloodwork. And they weren't shying away from their wives & kids, because they were taking care of all of them for a couple of weeks.

Some people don't catch it, and I think it's bizarre that scientists haven't figured that out yet. Seems to me they'd be knocking down their doors to try to get them to be a lab rat, but no one ever called asking if they'd help out the medical community figure out their superhuman resistance to this thing.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks Abbey Marie, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Glad you're feeling better, Abs!

Funny thing about your family not catching it, even though you were all locked up in the same house. I know of 3 different guys here in AK that had their kids bring it home from school. Everyone in their house got sick - except the husband.

All 3 of them were sure they were going to catch it, but they never did. I'm thinking a natural immunity, because they all got tested multiple times after and they never had it according to the bloodwork, and their families were confirmed to have had it from the bloodwork. And they weren't shying away from their wives & kids, because they were taking care of all of them for a couple of weeks.

Some people don't catch it, and I think it's bizarre that scientists haven't figured that out yet. Seems to me they'd be knocking down their doors to try to get them to be a lab rat, but no one ever called asking if they'd help out the medical community figure out their superhuman resistance to this thing.
    Good point, Rick. No one is following up to figure out why Russ is negative, yet daughter was positive. And Russ and I shared the bedroom for several days because of the initial negative. I was coughing a lot.

Do you know if the husbands above had a different vaccine from the family?

-Abbey

12. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Do you know if the husbands above had a different vaccine from the family?
    All 3 instances were prior to vaccinations... so this was completely natural and unmolested by vaccines.

I'm sure that this is somewhat rare, but me personally running across this same scenario in AK 3 times leads me to suspect it's much more common. There's only 700,000 of us in this State.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Some folks here already know this, but I am currently sick with COVID. I was vaccinated in January and February with the Pfizer product.

I just googled "who paid the largest criminal fine in history and why"

Damn
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Thanks for the update, Abbey - are you and Russ trying to isolate and all that, within the house? Do you think once you beat this you'll be immune from subsequent attacks?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

18. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Thanks for the update, Abbey - are you and Russ trying to isolate and all that, within the house? Do you think once you beat this you'll be immune from subsequent attacks?
    The short answer is, yes, but not 100%.

Russ is taking care of me, since I also have the hand surgery healing going on. Washing my hair, helping me bathe, bringing me tea. He sleeps in the guest room, though, and wears a mask. Since our daughter also initially tested positive, he was keeping away from her, too.

I’ve read that so far all they can say for sure is it would give me immunity for 3-4 months. That’s not very long. I expect I will need a booster sometime in late winter. The question for me is, do I have to get Pfizer again? (Btw, Russ got Moderna). For now, I’m just wondering after two full weeks of this, when I will feel better?

-Abbey

20. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The short answer is, yes, but not 100%.

Russ is taking care of me, since I also have the hand surgery healing going on. Washing my hair, helping me bathe, bringing me tea. He sleeps in the guest room, though, and wears a mask. Since our daughter also initially tested positive, he was keeping away from her, too.

I’ve read that so far all they can say for sure is it would give me immunity for 3-4 months. That’s not very long. I expect I will need a booster sometime in late winter. The question for me is, do I have to get Pfizer again? (Btw, Russ got Moderna). For now, I’m just wondering after two full weeks of this, when I will feel better?
    From those I know, worst is over about 2 weeks. Still feel less bad and annoying problems with taste and smell for months.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

22. Thanks Abbey Marie, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    From those I know, worst is over about 2 weeks. Still feel less bad and annoying problems with taste and smell for months.
    Interestingly we didn't lose taste or smell. The fatigue lasted about four weeks.

24. Thanks fj1200, Abbey Marie thanked this post