Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default US Milltary admits it killed 10 civilians in Kabul airstrike

The so called "righteous strike" in Kabul - did in fact turn out to be 10 civilians. Way to go Joe!

---

Pentagon Admits Killing as Many as 10 Civilians, Including Up to Seven Children in Kabul Drone Strike

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin admitted the United States military may have killed up to 10 civilians, including up to seven children, in a drone strike in Kabul on August 29 that was intended to kill an Islamic State-Khorasan attacker.

Austin said in a statement Friday:

The investigation concluded that the strike — conducted to prevent what was believed to be an imminent threat to Hamid Karzai International Airport — resulted in the deaths of as many as 10 people, including up to seven children.

On behalf of the men and women of the Department of Defense, I offer my deepest condolences to surviving family members of those who were killed, including Mr. Ahmadi, and to the staff of Nutrition and Education International, Mr. Ahmadi’s employer.

We now know that there was no connection between Mr. Ahmadi and ISIS-Khorasan, that his activities on that day were completely harmless and not at all related to the imminent threat we believed we faced, and that Mr. Ahmadi was just as innocent a victim as were the others tragically killed.

We apologize, and we will endeavor to learn from this horrible mistake.
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-drone-strike/

US military admits it killed 10 civilians and targeted wrong vehicle in Kabul airstrike

(CNN)A United States military investigation into a deadly Kabul drone strike on a vehicle in August has found it killed 10 civilians and the driver and that the vehicle targeted was likely not a threat associated with ISIS-K, announced Gen. Frank McKenzie, the top general of US Central Command, at the Pentagon on Friday.

McKenzie told reporters that the strike -- which he said killed seven children -- was a "mistake" and offered an apology.

"This strike was taken in the earnest belief that it would prevent an imminent threat to our forces and the evacuees at the airport, but it was a mistake and I offer my sincere apology," he said.

McKenzie added that he is "fully responsible for this strike and this tragic outcome."

The Pentagon had maintained that at least one ISIS-K facilitator and three civilians were killed in what Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley had previously called a "righteous strike" on the compound on August 29. The investigation released Friday found that all of those killed in the residential compound were civilians.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/polit...hnk/index.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The so called "righteous strike" in Kabul - did in fact turn out to be 10 civilians. Way to go Joe!

---

Pentagon Admits Killing as Many as 10 Civilians, Including Up to Seven Children in Kabul Drone Strike

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin admitted the United States military may have killed up to 10 civilians, including up to seven children, in a drone strike in Kabul on August 29 that was intended to kill an Islamic State-Khorasan attacker.

Austin said in a statement Friday:

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-drone-strike/

US military admits it killed 10 civilians and targeted wrong vehicle in Kabul airstrike

(CNN)A United States military investigation into a deadly Kabul drone strike on a vehicle in August has found it killed 10 civilians and the driver and that the vehicle targeted was likely not a threat associated with ISIS-K, announced Gen. Frank McKenzie, the top general of US Central Command, at the Pentagon on Friday.

McKenzie told reporters that the strike -- which he said killed seven children -- was a "mistake" and offered an apology.

"This strike was taken in the earnest belief that it would prevent an imminent threat to our forces and the evacuees at the airport, but it was a mistake and I offer my sincere apology," he said.

McKenzie added that he is "fully responsible for this strike and this tragic outcome."

The Pentagon had maintained that at least one ISIS-K facilitator and three civilians were killed in what Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley had previously called a "righteous strike" on the compound on August 29. The investigation released Friday found that all of those killed in the residential compound were civilians.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/polit...hnk/index.html
    Good thing McKenzie apologized. That makes everything ever so much better
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

All US administrations have made and do make military mistakes.

We killed 10,000 french civilians in bombing raids in the six weeks before d-day.

War is indeed hell.

We should have brought our CIA teams home after they and the Northern Alliance had toppled the Taliban and ran Al Quada out of its hidey hole. Only one CIA agent had died at that point.

Bush was very wrong. So was Obama for not ending it. So was Trump for not ending it. Biden ended it, probably better than Trump's people could have done.

6. Piss Off NightTrain says piss off for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStarkey View Post

We killed 10,000 french civilians in bombing raids in the six weeks before d-day.

War is indeed hell.

We should have brought our CIA teams home after they and the Northern Alliance had toppled the Taliban and ran Al Quada out of its hidey hole. Only one CIA agent had died at that point.

Bush was very wrong. So was Obama for not ending it. So was Trump for not ending it. Biden ended it, probably better than Trump's people could have done.
    Sorry. Use of that is not authorized for you lefties. Your behavior when it has been used time and again to point out the same by the right, y'all just yell shit like "baby killer" etc.

Do try and at least not be a hypocrite
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Thank You GABBY....Pretender of Jake and other Trolls who speak out of your butt

War is indeed hell.

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sorry. Use of that is not authorized for you lefties. Your behavior when it has been used time and again to point out the same by the right, y'all just yell shit like "baby killer" etc.

Do try and at least not be a hypocrite
    Show where I yelled 'baby killer', Gunny. You know better.

I will call out any and all when I want, get it?

11. Piss Off icansayit, NightTrain says piss off for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Keep em comin' DICK HEAD...I mean Jake, I mean Gabby, I mean oH HELL dickhead

We all know it would be HARD for you to yell anything since your Mouth is always full of SH*T you keep trying to spread here. And you do it so perfectly too!

So don't disappoint us now, just keep mumbling along...chewing, or swallowing WHOEVER you want.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Seems pretty clear that Captain Dementia and Benedict Milley blew up this Aid worker and 7 of his kids in a desperate bid to distract from the Afghanistan debacle.

They refused to talk about what was happening, but sure sang their own praises as soon as the Hellfire detonated on the Toyota Corolla.

What was it Benedict Milley said at the time? "A Righteous Kill"?

It's too bad Milley was more concerned with 'white rage' than actually doing his job.

And still, to this day, there are still hundreds - if not thousands - of Americans stranded in Afghanistan.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks icansayit, Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, Gunny, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

As will I.

16. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Seems pretty clear that Captain Dementia and Benedict Milley blew up this Aid worker and 7 of his kids in a desperate bid to distract from the Afghanistan debacle.

They refused to talk about what was happening, but sure sang their own praises as soon as the Hellfire detonated on the Toyota Corolla.

It's too bad Milley was more concerned with 'white rage' than actually doing his job.

And still, to this day, there are still hundreds - if not thousands - of Americans stranded in Afghanistan.
    No mean tweets though.

18. Thanks icansayit, NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

My guess is thousands. And I have a dire prediction about them. This isn't over.

20. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    My guess is thousands. And I have a dire prediction about them. This isn't over.
    And they said there was a secondary explosion, you know, from the explosives they were NOT carrying.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

22. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, Black Diamond, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    And they said there was a secondary explosion, you know, from the explosives they were NOT carrying.
    As it turns out, when a Hellfire missile strikes a Toyota Corolla with 7 kids and 3 workers standing next to it, it explodes.

Hopefully Psaki can explain where the missing secondaries are at the next Laugh In briefing.

24. Thanks Black Diamond, icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Now that we have a bona fide hostage crisis 100x greater than the Iran debacle, can we expect more speeches about global warming and racial equity to tide us over?

Maybe set up a town hall about doubling up on masks while Americans are hunted down and murdered after being abandoned?

I'm sure Captain Dementia will have a solution when he gets back from his weekend on the beach in Delaware. He called a lid at noon, so he'll be good and rested to fix things on Monday.

26. Thanks Black Diamond, icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Default You guys are drone hypocrites

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths​
    https://www.bbc.com › world-us-canada-47480207
    Mar 7, 2019 — During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016, ...
    Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama's ...​
    https://chicago.suntimes.com › news › under-donald-tru...
    May 8, 2019 — According to a 2018 report in The Daily Beast, Obama launched 186 drone strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during his first two years in ...

Biden Discloses Some of Trump's Secret Drone Strike Rules
    https://www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics
    May 6, 2021 — Trump's Secret Rules for Drone Strikes Outside War Zones Are Disclosed. The release of the 2017 policy — with redactions — stemmed from ...
    Trump's Secret Rules for Drone Strikes and Presidents ...​
    https://www.aclu.org › news › national-security › trump...
    May 5, 2021 — Trump's Secret Rules for Drone Strikes and Presidents' Unchecked License to Kill ... The newly-revealed Trump rules show how far that ...

Factbox: Civilian deaths from air strikes in Afghanistan
    By Reuters Staff

4 MIN READ

KABUL (Reuters) - A U.S. drone strike intended to hit an Islamic State (IS) hideout in Afghanistan killed at least 30 civilians resting after a day’s labor in the fields, Afghan officials said on Thursday.

Afghanistan’s Defence Ministry and a senior U.S official in Kabul confirmed the drone strike but did not share details of civilian casualties.

According to the United Nations, at least 3,812 Afghan civilians were killed or wounded in the first half of 2019 in the war against militant groups, with a big increase in the number of casualties caused by government and foreign forces.

Air strikes by U.S. and government forces killed 363 people and injured 156 others, and of those casualties 150 were children, according to the U.N. report here. Of those 519 casualties, just over four of every five were caused by the international forces.

The United States under the counter-terrorism operation in Afghanistan continues to conduct air strikes against the Islamist Taliban insurgents and the Islamic State fighters.

Here are some of the heaviest civilian losses from air strikes in Afghanistan in recent years, although Afghan forces and their international allies often dispute accounts from local officials and residents.

May 7, 2019:

Air strikes in western Afghanistan destroyed a number of Taliban drug labs, killing at least 45 civilians, according to reports from local officials that were rejected by the Afghan government.

The Afghan defense ministry said coalition air strikes in three locations in the western province of Farah destroyed 68 Taliban drug labs and killed 150 insurgents, as part of an air campaign aimed at cutting off one of the movement’s key sources of revenues.

But many of those killed were civilians working in the labs, said Abdul Ghafoor Mujahid, the governor of Bakwa district where the attacks took place. Some 18 Taliban fighters also died, and several civilians in neighboring houses were wounded, he said.

Dec. 15, 2018:

At least 20 Afghan civilians, including 12 children - were killed in an air strike targeting a Taliban commander in the eastern province of Kunar, local officials said.

A spokeswoman for the U.S.-led NATO Resolute Support mission denied the civilian deaths, though she said some civilians were wounded.

Nov. 28, 2018:

U.S. air strikes killed at least 30 Afghan civilians, including 16 children, in the Afghan province of Helmand, officials and residents of the area said.

Afghan government forces and U.S. advisers came under fire from Taliban fighters in a compound in Garmsir district, according to a Resolute Support statement. Ground forces were not aware of any civilians in or near the compound when they called in an air strike, the statement said.

Nov. 4, 2016:

A U.S. air strike killed more than 30 Afghan civilians, including children and elderly men, and wounded dozens more in the northern province of Kunduz, the provincial governor said at the time.

The air strikes were called in to protect Afghan and U.S. forces during a raid on suspected Taliban militants outside Kunduz city. The U.S. military investigated accusations it had killed civilians, finding the following January that 33 were killed and 27 injured.

Oct. 3, 2015:

An air strike carried out by U.S.-led coalition forces killed 42 medical staff and patients, including three children, at a hospital run by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz, said the aid group.

An American military probe concluded that the attack was the result of human error and equipment failure, among other factors, and at least 16 U.S. military personnel were disciplined for their role.

Reporting by Paul Carsten and Rupam Jain; Editing by Lisa Shumaker

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1W42RV