Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Body Found Matching Gabby Petito . . .

I'm hearing conflicting reports that a positive ID has been made but all evidence points to it being her.

The authorities got very lucky given the expanse of the area. A vlogger was editing dashcam footage and saw they captured Gabby's van parked on the side of the road.

They called the cops and the date stamp made this the last known solid location of the van. Close inspection of still images showed the sandals she always wore on the ground as if she slipped them off to put on hiking boots.

This gave the authorities a good search area and they found remains a short distance away.

RIP Gabby.

E_rmLq1WYAcXBUv.jpg

E_rmMGpXsAA4F3r.jpg

E_rmMUoWYAArTvy.jpg

You can not truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
    If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

RIP, Gabby.

3. Likes SassyLady, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Aside from being a youtube "vlogger" (whatever that is) who is she? I've never heard of her before.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

She was on cross country trip with boyfriend and he came home in her van and has been hiding out at his parents house. Lawyered up even before police showed up. Didn't file missing person report. Everyone has been looking for hef last couple of weeks. Police went to get him at parents but now he's missing
    Last edited by SassyLady; 09-19-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

7. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    She was on cross country trip with boyfriend and he came home in her van and has been hiding out at his parents house. Lawyered up even before police showed up. Didn't file missing person report. Everyone has been looking for hef last couple of weeks. Police went to get him at parents but now he's missing
    Oh. That usually doesn't end well.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Oh. That usually doesn't end well.
    Have they found boyfriend yet?
    Last edited by SassyLady; 09-21-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Have they found boyfriend yet?
    Nope. The FBI swarmed the parents home this a.m.. They put the parents in FBI car together. Pretty weird that, as they usually keep folks apart-wanna bet they recorded them? About the same time they were serving the warrants, law enforcement pulled out of where the parents reported he went hiking and they retrieved the car from. Looks like they have a good idea of what has happened to some degree. I'm thinking they may charge the parents with conspiracy or something else, it's all too weird.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Nope. The FBI swarmed the parents home this a.m.. They put the parents in FBI car together. Pretty weird that, as they usually keep folks apart-wanna bet they recorded them? About the same time they were serving the warrants, law enforcement pulled out of where the parents reported he went hiking and they retrieved the car from. Looks like they have a good idea of what has happened to some degree. I'm thinking they may charge the parents with conspiracy or something else, it's all too weird.
    The whole running home to mommy and daddy thing really bothers me especially getting lawyer immediately. 5hen not talking to police to help locate her was very suspicious. And, he went missing days ago?

Maybe he committed suicide. If so, I hope they find hid body so there's no speculation about whether he's dead or on the run.

14. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You're on the money about putting them together. An old interrogation technique. Just don't have to hold a glass to the wall nowadays Detainees are usually kept separate in general.

Two people involved in a crime will usually talk. If nothing else, trying to get their story straight. Heck, if you watch these factual reality crime shows, they will leave a person alone and go sit outside and watch them. They talk to themselves and/or do all kinds of goofy stuff when they get the idea from who knows where that no one is watching.

I guess they could get the parents for aiding and abetting; which, is more often than not used as a threat to get the parents to tell them where Jr is. Unless they are directly involved, the law could care less about them except as a means to an end.

I DO get that this is one of those human interest/tragedy stories that probably has some really stupid motivation behind it. I just don't get what is so special about this Gabby person that she made the national media and has the FBI working her case. People disappear every day. They get murdered by their SO every day too.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Looks like law enforcement is back at FL preserve.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I watched the bodycam footage and I got some very strange vibes from her. She was very upset, and blamed it on her 'OCD'... which didn't make much sense. I got pyscho vibes from her, honed from my early 20s dating hot but crazy women. I could be wrong about that, but she came off as extremely unstable and barely holding herself together when interacting with the cops.

Laundrie was calm and extremely apologetic, and clearly thought he was about to be cuffed-n-stuffed, which is a good bet in that scenario. But he had scratches on his face and she had grabbed the wheel as he was pulling over, hitting the curb. They both told the cops that separately, and I don't think there was enough time to get the story straight on that detail - and she wasn't very coherent or in any shape for a cover up, IMHO.

It seemed like she'd been attacking him as they were driving, allegedly arguing over a phone.

That being said, his behavior sends up all sorts of red flags.

Why didn't he call the cops up in Wyoming when she went missing? Why did he abandon her and drive back to his parent's house in Florida? Why did he lawyer up before even talking to the cops? Why did he sneak out of the house and disappear? Why did his parents give him as much of a head start as possible by staying quiet?

The whole thing is weird. I think she had very serious mental issues and he killed her... will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I watched the bodycam footage and I got some very strange vibes from her. She was very upset, and blamed it on her 'OCD'... which didn't make much sense. I got pyscho vibes from her, honed from my early 20s dating hot but crazy women. I could be wrong about that, but she came off as extremely unstable and barely holding herself together when interacting with the cops.

Laundrie was calm and extremely apologetic, and clearly thought he was about to be cuffed-n-stuffed, which is a good bet in that scenario. But he had scratches on his face and she had grabbed the wheel as he was pulling over, hitting the curb. They both told the cops that separately, and I don't think there was enough time to get the story straight on that detail - and she wasn't very coherent or in any shape for a cover up, IMHO.

It seemed like she'd been attacking him as they were driving, allegedly arguing over a phone.

That being said, his behavior sends up all sorts of red flags.

Why didn't he call the cops up in Wyoming when she went missing? Why did he abandon her and drive back to his parent's house in Florida? Why did he lawyer up before even talking to the cops? Why did he sneak out of the house and disappear? Why did his parents give him as much of a head start as possible by staying quiet?

The whole thing is weird. I think she had very serious mental issues and he killed her... will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
    He doesn't sound very bright.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    He doesn't sound very bright.

Right.

Another detail that screams red flags is that Gabby's phone sent a text message to her mother saying to calm Stan down and that everything was okay... apparently Stan, Gabby's grandfather, had been calling and leaving voicemail messages because he was worried.

Gabby never called him Stan, according to her mother.

I'll wager that the text was sent after she was already dead in an attempt to buy more time before things blew up for Laundrie.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Right.

Another detail that screams red flags is that Gabby's phone sent a text message to her mother saying to calm Stan down and that everything was okay... apparently Stan, Gabby's grandfather, had been calling and leaving voicemail messages because he was worried.

Gabby never called him Stan, according to her mother.

I'll wager that the text was sent after she was already dead in an attempt to buy more time before things blew up for Laundrie.
    I didn't know one could actually do everything completely wrong in the commission of one crime. Where has he NOT screwed up? Hauling ass back to FL without calling the police in Wy. Hiding.

If he's not guilty, he's sure dug himself a deep hole.

One can only imagine the "why?" answer. What would be worth going on a trip with your GF across the nation where everybody and his brother, to include youtube followers apparently, knows it's just you and her, killing her then running home alone right to where everyone knows you're going to go?

I'm coming up empty.