Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Greg's ridiculous response:

I'm curious as to what agenda Jeff had, or what he had to be bitter about? He STILL REFUSES to answer how he knew about the contents of several PM's.

He talks about trust? I believe his lame response just showed how trustworthy he can be. Funny how he has PUBLICLY posted on vBulletins forums about installing the very software he claims he wouldn't install on USMB. So very sad.

He's insinuating I and/or Jeff is spreading rumors but the FACTS speak for themselves. He will not address the specific facts and hopes his lame response (And locking of said thread) would salvage what has transpired.

Do I have an agenda? Sure, to see this board successful. I'm very happy that many members decided to post here in addition to the other board. As far as members leaving, that's his own damn fault. Come into the board, make changes without speaking with loyal members, send infractions for things such as calling someone a 'moron' & then revealing the contents of PM's that of course he has no access to. I could care less at this point if his board succeeds or fails, but I do have a problem when I hear that the very trust and privacy of my friends is breached.

He's extremely ill-informed or purposely dishonest. Judging by the reasons that user's are being banned, I'd guess that he's querying for the term debatepolicy, debatepolicy.com, or something similar. I'm not familiar with the hack he installed, but if it doesn't allow specific queries, I'm sure it would be fairly simple to focus on a 'troublemakers' account and read any new PMs.
    It's easier to buy gear than talent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kathianne and I will continue to bust ass trying to send USMB to the top.
    I think they're both too dumb to see there going to the bottom and not the top.
    I think in my short time here I've proven that fact.
    Damn sure did, slash an burn works everytime, NOT.

I really can't believe this guy runs boards. Oh wait, on second thought, yeah, he runs em into the ground.

Hope they drop by and read that too.
    Last edited by Mr. P; 02-05-2007 at 02:03 PM.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well, I guess it is the owner's site and he can run it as he sees fit, BUT I am not so sure that I am comfortable sending PMs, e-mails or rep comments there, so wont be doing that. Don't know if I have been banned there or not though I do not see why I would be unless they are now banning members because of their affilitian with other mesage boards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Well, I guess it is the owner's site and he can run it as he sees fit, BUT I am not so sure that I am comfortable sending PMs, e-mails or rep comments there, so wont be doing that. Don't know if I have been banned there or not though I do not see why I would be unless they are now banning members because of their affilitian with other mesage boards.
    You are 100% right. He can run it as he sees fit. If thats what he wants to do then more power to him. He should tell the truth about it though. If he has the ability, which sounds like he does, and if he is going to read them, then just inform everyone as such and let people then decide whether they want to continue sending PM's or not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    You are 100% right. He can run it as he sees fit. If thats what he wants to do then more power to him. He should tell the truth about it though. If he has the ability, which sounds like he does, and if he is going to read them, then just inform everyone as such and let people then decide whether they want to continue sending PM's or not.
    Oh I agree, if he is going to read them, monitor them or whatever, folks should know that up front! Let the board member then decide if they want to continue to utilize those features.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Greg's ridiculous response:
    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Theoretically it's possible for administrators and even server personal to "read pms". After all they are not encrypted in the database and stored just like a post in a forum. This is true on 99.9% of forums. I can't even think of any that encrypt PMs, it's not even possible on 9.9/10 softwares.
    I don't think it's usually a matter of encryption. I think if you're not the holder of the account in question, whether you're a mod or admin or not, you're just not able to get into the control panel or the PMs for that account.

I wonder if whatever it is that they installed lets them see everyone's passwords.

Jeff?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually from what I got from Jim, its just an add on to the VB board that lets them read the PM's. If I am mistaken..Im sure I will be corrected

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    Actually from what I got from Jim, its just an add on to the VB board that lets them read the PM's. If I am mistaken..Im sure I will be corrected
    Bottom line is, it doesn't matter how it's done, it's clear it is being done.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Well my point was that what he's saying about PMs not normally being encrypted sounds to me like a half-truth type dodge.
    Just because PMs on message boards aren't normally encrypted doesn't mean admins are normally able to get into your PM box and read them.
    I'm also still curious whether whatever change he made makes it possible for them to see peoples passwords.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    He was referring to MFM's banning as well.
    MFM earned his banning in spades.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly. I wanted to stay out of the Board dispute thing, but that "owner" is an imposter. I truly wonder if he is a democrat in disguise. I simply cannot imagine a business person buying a board, then radically changing it like that. His attitude is "screw you." Seems strange for someone who wants to keep people. I posted something to him once, and yes I don't post that often, and he was rude, period.

A Private Message is just that. A Private M Technically we don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy on the internet, but logically we do have a reasonable expectation of privacy when it comes to something we are expressly told is:

Private.

I just want to thank the user that pointed me here. I don't want to mention names P because I don't want to P start something with that P user and the other board, but P thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Exactly. I wanted to stay out of the Board dispute thing, but that "owner" is an imposter. I truly wonder if he is a democrat in disguise. I simply cannot imagine a business person buying a board, then radically changing it like that. His attitude is "screw you." Seems strange for someone who wants to keep people. I posted something to him once, and yes I don't post that often, and he was rude, period.

A Private Message is just that. A Private M Technically we don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy on the internet, but logically we do have a reasonable expectation of privacy when it comes to something we are expressly told is:

Private.

I just want to thank the user that pointed me here. I don't want to mention names P because I don't want to P start something with that P user and the other board, but P thanks.
    I know nothing, nothing I tell ya!!

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know nothing, nothing I tell ya!!

btw, we need more smilies, these are getting boring.

Jim?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalicious View Post
    Well my point was that what he's saying about PMs not normally being encrypted sounds to me like a half-truth type dodge.
    Just because PMs on message boards aren't normally encrypted doesn't mean admins are normally able to get into your PM box and read them.
    I'm also still curious whether whatever change he made makes it possible for them to see peoples passwords.
    Apparently there are a couple of different hacks that allow one to do this. One lets you log on as any user, allowing access to PMs. Another queries the SQL database containing the PMs. The latter could easily be used to query by user, by a text string in the PM, etc.

But as Mr. P said, it's blatantly obvious that it's being done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

During an exchange with an Admin (will remain nameless for privacy) at USMB in PM's on the subject in question, I was told not to post anything in PM that I wished to remain private.WTF.I did however appreciate the heads up, couple of days later I recieved Jeffs usmb suicide note which prompted me to bail from the backstabbing voyeurs shithole, but not before I was banned anyway.