Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Leading The Charge Of Eating Their Own

I understand that many will say everyone not agreeing with the 'party leader' is a RINO by that alone. I disagree, I remember the short time attacks on these GA leaders prior to special election. I said then it would cost the Senate. It did.

Currently the independents, nationwide, not just GA, are rejecting what's happening with administration. If GOP were pushing against Biden's policies, specifically those he overturned so disastrously, i.e., running on principles, there likely would be a gain of huge margins. If instead the party chooses to 'seek revenge ' and push Trump, rather than policies, the outcome will likely not be in the best interests of the country.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ump-candidates

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks fj1200, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/...abrams-n418438

He was just making a point, 'Anyone but those who wouldn't do my will.'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/...abrams-n418438

He was just making a point, 'Anyone but those who wouldn't do my will.'

You know, after the last 4 years of reading HotAir almost every day, I avoid clicking on any article by AllahPundit and Ed Morrisey... I suspect that AP is a pen name for Ed. Both have been and are rabidly nevertrump knuckleheads, never giving an attaboy when it was due. Along the same lines as Johah Goldberg and the others.

If I see something either wrote that looks interesting, I'll click on a different author over at TownHall - sister sites, more balanced authors there.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I understand that many will say everyone not agreeing with the 'party leader' is a RINO by that alone. I disagree, I remember the short time attacks on these GA leaders prior to special election. I said then it would cost the Senate. It did.

Currently the independents, nationwide, not just GA, are rejecting what's happening with administration. If GOP were pushing against Biden's policies, specifically those he overturned so disastrously, i.e., running on principles, there likely would be a gain of huge margins. If instead the party chooses to 'seek revenge ' and push Trump, rather than policies, the outcome will likely not be in the best interests of the country.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ump-candidates
    The GOP hasn't had it's "stuff" together for many, many years. When was the last time it stood for anything besides "we're not them"? 80s? Maybe 90s?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Kathianne, JakeStarkey thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    You know, after the last 4 years of reading HotAir almost every day, I avoid clicking on any article by AllahPundit and Ed Morrisey... I suspect that AP is a pen name for Ed. Both have been and are rabidly nevertrump knuckleheads, never giving an attaboy when it was due. Along the same lines as Johah Goldberg and the others.

If I see something either wrote that looks interesting, I'll click on a different author over at TownHall - sister sites, more balanced authors there.
    I've seen both give Trump 'attaboys' and even moreso since Biden. It's possible to like Trump policies and not the man, nor how he conducts himself. I managed to vote for him the second time, in spite of the later, but I doubt that those who didn't vote for him the second go round will, if he continues where he's currently going, especially if he has nothing but asskissers surrounding him.

Townhall and even pj media in general have become so pro-Trump, they are basically the CNN for him.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 09-26-2021 at 12:15 PM.

10. Thanks Gunny, fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I've seen both give Trump 'attaboys' and even moreso since Biden. It's possible to like Trump policies and not the man, nor how he conducts himself. I managed to vote for him the second time, in spite of the later, but I doubt that those who didn't vote for him the second go round will, if he continues where he's currently going, especially if he has nothing but asskissers surrounding him.

Townhall and even pj media in general have become so pro-Trump, they are basically the CNN for him.
    There are many advantages to having a DOnald Trump. Most obvious is he is not beholden to the DC political machine.

If he'd just shut up and not engage in petty pissing contests. His carrying on about this voter fraud is distracting, going nowhere, and makes him look like a whining, sore loser. Then, should he by chance be elected President again, he's got this whole show he's putting on now other World leaders aren't going to forget. Want to get under Trump's skin? Set him up for a loss and/or offend his vanity.

But I've said this cycle after cycle about the Republicans and they just don't get it: The time to start planning the next move is NOW. This crap the Dems are pulling has been decades in the making. The GOP and Trump in particular can't bet past last election.

How about a positive message: this is what we are going to do about the Border. This is what we are going to do about Afghanistan/refugees. This is what we are going to do to unf*ck the economy from the Dems tanking it. All without getting into name-calling contests. You can't say you aren't them if you're acting just like them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There are many advantages to having a DOnald Trump. Most obvious is he is not beholden to the DC political machine.

If he'd just shut up and not engage in petty pissing contests. His carrying on about this voter fraud is distracting, going nowhere, and makes him look like a whining, sore loser. Then, should he by chance be elected President again, he's got this whole show he's putting on now other World leaders aren't going to forget. Want to get under Trump's skin? Set him up for a loss and/or offend his vanity.

But I've said this cycle after cycle about the Republicans and they just don't get it: The time to start planning the next move is NOW. This crap the Dems are pulling has been decades in the making. The GOP and Trump in particular can't bet past last election.

How about a positive message: this is what we are going to do about the Border. This is what we are going to do about Afghanistan/refugees. This is what we are going to do to unf*ck the economy from the Dems tanking it. All without getting into name-calling contests. You can't say you aren't them if you're acting just like them.
    You're preaching to the choir with me. It's why I stated from the get go to advocate against what Biden has done wrong, especially policies he's overturned. Few like the direction the country is caught in, but if "It's all about Trump, " it will be a referendum on him, not policies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Huh. I must have missed those articles from those 2 particular writers .. every one I read was always critical. Hotwire is my least favorite of that group

You're right about PJ, Red State, and for the most part Townhall... although Townhall does veer into anti Trump occasionally.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

All of that makes so much sense, but GOP are GOP, and the Dems are just as goofy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Huh. I must have missed those articles from those 2 particular writers .. every one I read was always critical. Hotwire is my least favorite of that group

You're right about PJ, Red State, and for the most part Townhall... although Townhall does veer into anti Trump occasionally.
    I'll grant you those two writers; Allahpundit from getgo, Morrissey only after the election have not been pro-Trump, though both are conservative, Morrissey very. Still they've both written posts that are pro-Trump, mostly in comparison to policies.