Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Is the Pope Catholic? No.

I think I agree with Paul here - The Pope consistently contradicts cannon.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

2. Thanks Gunny, MtnBiker thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Not Catholic. The Pope is just another preacher to me. However, given the importance placed upon the Pope by the Western society, I would say this current one is particularly troubling in that he is more concerned with the popular opinion of Men than teaching the Word.

I don't know if it's just him or the Church itself is going that way. I just don't recall previous Popes being so willing to take the side of popular, secular BS.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I defer to Catholics. I am not Catholic so for me its up to Catholics to decide who they want, etc. I will though say this and with respect to the religion and only commenting about the man himself. He was actively involved with the military junta in Argentina that stole thousands of new borns and reassigned them to military members who could not have children. People in Argentina have never forgiven him. I was in Buenos Aires and heard a lot of tense discussions about him by Catholics.Not good.

That said from a religious perspective he claims to be Jesuit which I know is unpopular with some but as to what he actually believes or does not believe I leave that to you Catholics.

Me personally I have always believed the word of "God" whatever that means begins and ends within the individual and exists simply in acts of kindness to others. I am no formal religious person. I don't trust authority and any religion mixing.

I know you Catholics have had a lot of issues to deal with in terms of sex scandals,corruption, etc. Not sure what to say to you other than a man of the cloth is still a man full of imperfections.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

El Papa is a first and foremost a leftist global elitist, any Catholicism is a distant second.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    El Papa is a first and foremost a leftist global elitist, any Catholicism is a distant second.
    Dead on target...
    That scum is no man of God.
    He actually said that Islam worships the same God as do Christians.
    OK, lets examine that for a bit.....
    Islam very soundly denies that Jesus is the Son of God!!! Islam claims Jesus was just a man, just a prophet... has zero divinity.
    So this Pope still claims that Islam worships the same God as do Christians!
    Either he is totally insane or else he is a wolf in sheep's clothing..Up to no good!!
    Leftist-globalist elitist plant seems to be right on the mark.
    And up to no good rings out loud and clear.. ---Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-28-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mika-El View Post
    Me personally I have always believed the word of "God" whatever that means begins and ends within the individual and exists simply in acts of kindness to others. I am no formal religious person. I don't trust authority and any religion mixing.
    You've said it well, but i think it's beyond religion and authority mixing - it's authority period. Mankind is driven for power, not for mercy nor goodness; when we put people in charge of us it inevitably goes wrong.

I know you Catholics have had a lot of issues to deal with in terms of sex scandals,corruption, etc.
    It's because mankind deals with a lot of issues. We are flawed.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.