Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

"A Dutch photographer used artificial intelligence to construct a portrait of Jesus based on what we know about his ethnicity and culture. This is what he looks like. As we’ve said, we worship a Middle Eastern man of color named Jesus who spoke zero English, died on the cross for our sin and resurrected from the dead, and was once an Immigrant child fleeing persecution. He’s not American. He doesn’t have blue or green eyes. He’s not a Republican or Democrat. He’s not a donkey or elephant. He’s the lion and the lamb"

It's true.

And sadly, I have met some Christians and Non-Christians that do care. Many I haven't met but have read about in history and current culture.

When my sister in law was in high school she did house worked for an elderly white woman. Both were Christians. One day, after the woman got to know my sister-in-law, the woman said to her. "When you get to heaven you'll be white like me." Saying it in a tone that held nothing but kindness.
    Obviously she understood that everyone in heaven, including Jesus was white.
    She did care. And clearly thought it was BETTER to be white than black. And God would make that happen for this poor lil black girl that was working for her.

So, did my sister-in-law run into the only or the last Christian white person in America to think like that in the past 40 years?
    The only one who thinks that Jesus and the disciples were blond and blue eye white folks ... or even Aryans?

But I guess a case could be made that "no real Christian" cares... TODAY. But historically
    (40 years ago and going back thousand odd years) and in recent history MANY Christians have cared, and pushed the idea of a Jesus being white for various reasons and by various means.

Today even there's no doubt that many Nazis Neo-Nazis and various White suprematist still claim Jesus was white. Some of them even claim the Egyptians were white.

But yes, saying we shouldn't care what race Jesus is is exactly right.
    But saying that NO ONE cares is false.
    The fact that Jesus's "race" leans heavy toward brown is, in fact, a blow to some folks BS racial pride. And for others it a BS source of racial pride.
    Neither sentiment is "Christian".

Fact is, more than few Christians, of ALL races, still have to overcome various levels of sinful ideas and feeling about other "races". And learn to REALLY see everyone as brothers and sisters, FAMILY. ALL Made in the image of God. (which means God is mixed race or maybe race doesn't matter concerning his image.)

Race is a BS issue that's really a waste of time, but somehow we really have difficulty with it.

Last edited by revelarts; 10-01-2021 at 07:33 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16