Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mika-El View Post
    If there was a Jesus ...
    Mika-El, there is literally more evidence that there was a Jesus than any other person in history. There is more evidence of the 2000-years-ago life of Jesus than there is of the current existence of anyone alive today, including you and me. I don't think anyone should ever need to use the word "if" on this subject.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

2. Thanks JakeStarkey, darin thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, darin, revelarts, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Marie View Post
    “Oh come on”, “You need to ease up a tad”, “Lol, ease up”. Repeated three times, but I’m the uptight one. Uh huh.

Anyway, your last two paragraphs tell us that you don’t care one whit about Christianity, or God for that matter, so your supposedly laid-back reactions to the thread are rather meaningless. As is your opinion of why Jake wrote it in the first place.
    No you make assumptions. I do not myself think Jake does not care, just the exact opposite and the fact you might disagree with his views does not mean he does not care only that you disagree with his opinions. Same goes with my opinions stated in response. Caring does not only exist if someone agrees with your views. That is illogical.

Next being "laid back" does not mean I do not care, again you make assumptions based on projecting lack of care as the intent behind me and others who disagree with your take on this topic. No not at all. I cared otherwise I would not have responded.

Next and with due respect, you know people who try calm down others often repeat the same thing to sooth them so the repetition is not what necessarily makes the repeater uptight, its the tone its presented in. So I would suggest for example had I used exclamation marks and accusatory words in responses to you, you might be more accurate about my being uptight let alone laid back and uptight at the same time as you suggest.

I can assure you in my case I only meant to sound non alarming and gentle and if I intended to be uptight would have called you a sanctimonious asshole or something in that line of reference.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Mika-El; 10-04-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Mika-El;992383]No you make assumptions. I do not myself think Jake does not care, just the exact opposite and the fact you might disagree with his views does not mean he does not care only that you disagree with his opinions. Same goes with my opinions stated in response. Caring does not only exist if someone agrees with your views. That is illogical.

Next being "laid back" does not mean I do not care, again you make assumptions based on projecting lack of care as the intent behind me and others who disagree with your take on this topic. No not at all. I cared otherwise I would not have responded.

Next and with due respect, you know people who try calm down others often repeat the same thing to sooth them so the repetition is not what necessarily makes the repeater uptight, its the tone its presented in. So I would suggest for example had I used exclamation marks and accusatory words in responses to you, you might be more accurate about my being uptight let alone laid back and uptight at the same time as you suggest.

I can assure you in my case I only meant to sound non alarming and gentle and if I intended to be uptight would have called you a sanctimonious asshole or something in that line of reference.

Thank you. [/QUOTE @Mika-El I'm not going to assume anything except what has been absent in your posts, and is obvious to me. Might want to clue the audience in to the fact you are Jewish. So everyone can call you a heathen and such IMO, it DOES make a difference when discussing Jesus Christ.

Anyone assuming you are Christian kind of takes your statements out of context. Wouldn't you agree?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mika-El, yes, your opinion counts on Jesus, and, yes, some Christians will have problems with your opinion.

So what if others think differently?

Some of the words and attitudes here in this thread give a new gloss to 'Christianity.'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStarkey View Post
    Mika-El, yes, your opinion counts on Jesus, and, yes, some Christians will have problems with your opinion.

Some of the words and attitudes here in this thread give a new gloss to 'Christianity.'
    Judge not ...
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

No you make assumptions. I do not myself think Jake does not care, just the exact opposite and the fact you might disagree with his views does not mean he does not care only that you disagree with his opinions. Same goes with my opinions stated in response. Caring does not only exist if someone agrees with your views. That is illogical.

Thank you.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

If there is something smaller than a grain of salt, that is what I’ll take some of these comments with.
    I doubt I can express how little regard I have for them. That’s the best I can do to explain it.

Carry on.

-Abbey

9. Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

If there is something smaller than a grain of salt, that is what I’ll take some of these comments with.
    I doubt I can express how little regard I have for them. That’s the best I can do.

Carry on.
    Is a mustard seed smaller?

11. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Is a mustard seed smaller?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default You might like to consider this Abbey...

I doubt I can express how little regard I have for them. That’s the best I can do.

Carry on.
    Based on where and WHO the comments came from...this should work..
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

14. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Based on where and WHO the comments came from...this should work..
    That Contractile Vacuole will do nicely.

-Abbey

16. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Do I dare reply to that one Abbey Marie?

That Contractile Vacuole will do nicely.

That must be the scientific name we use with an alternate FEW letters like "A-Hole"????
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Originally Posted by JakeStarkey

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Judge not ...

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Gunny;992387]

Thank you. [/QUOTE @Mika-El I'm not going to assume anything except what has been absent in your posts, and is obvious to me. Might want to clue the audience in to the fact you are Jewish. So everyone can call you a heathen and such IMO, it DOES make a difference when discussing Jesus Christ.

Anyone assuming you are Christian kind of takes your statements out of context. Wouldn't you agree?

Good point but most people know I am a heathen I defended Joe Biden (once) on this forum.

Actually even worse, I admitted on this forum I support Mitt Romney. I mean the guy is a Mormon with nice teeth. That about says it all.

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I doubt I can express how little regard I have for them. That’s the best I can do to explain it.

Carry on.

One word would suffice: "sanctimoniousness".

23. Piss Off Russ says piss off for this post