Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Despite all of the SCARE TACTICS being used against our Military.

This is why I still feel very Confident our Military is far more capable than Most want us to think.

Because they have no QUALIFIED CIC, and we have no PRESIDENT in the White House, does not mean....EVERYBODY IN UNIFORM suddenly isn't qualified to do what they need to do.
    See for yourself...in only two ships.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Even though I don’t read the above poster, the poster undoubtedly is going on blah blah blah despite our chicken leaders and the chicken president, that our military is the greatest since God and His angels threw the bad boys and girls out of Heaven.

That may be, but since our President and military leadership are competent, we need not worry about the Chinese or whatever.

We are fine.

Kathianne, however, is correct. The Chinese have an unretiring will, and Gunny is right, the Chinese will not submit to our overlordship because we don't have the will to conquer East Asia and stay.

Such being the case, I bet our leadership has let the Chinese know that they will have no air force and no navy if they get stupid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    This is why I still feel very Confident our Military is far more capable than Most want us to think.

Because they have no QUALIFIED CIC, and we have no PRESIDENT in the White House, does not mean....EVERYBODY IN UNIFORM suddenly isn't qualified to do what they need to do.
    See for yourself...in only two ships.
    I sure as Hell wouldn't want to be at chow when that ship pulled that hard to port. I'm not seeing a very clean outcome
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Speaking of @icansayit ... Did I ever tell you about the CO's driver on the USS Boxer? Boy thought he was a genius. He and couple of clerks decided they wanted comfortable chairs for the float, so they dragged theirs out of their offices. They were wheeled office chairs. I'm cracking up just remember it when we got into the Arctic Flow

All of a sudden you heard "BAM!" FUCK! from a bout 3 different people. And you KNOW what gives when you hit a steel bulkhead
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-04-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I know what you mean Gunny...been there, done that a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I sure as Hell wouldn't want to be at chow when that ship pulled that hard to port. I'm not seeing a very clean outcome
    But on carriers that are under Shakedown conditions. You can be sure they are WARNED...hours before this kind of testing...the PLAN OF THE DAY told the entire crew ahead of time.

But...there are skippers who wait until they are out in International waters to see if all of the REPORTS of "SHIP READY FOR SEA"...are really accurate.

I remember on my first ship. LaSalle...sitting in the swinging chairs on the messdecks while the ship rocked and tipped for hours. FLAT BOTTOM GATORS like the original LPD's and LSD's bounced around like Toys in a bathtub. We even called the LaSALLE (LPD-3) a "L" ARGE "P" LASTIC "D" UCK
    That was back in 65 thru 67. My boot camp years.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    But on carriers that are under Shakedown conditions. You can be sure they are WARNED...hours before this kind of testing...the PLAN OF THE DAY told the entire crew ahead of time.

But...there are skippers who wait until they are out in International waters to see if all of the REPORTS of "SHIP READY FOR SEA"...are really accurate.

I remember on my first ship. LaSalle...sitting in the swinging chairs on the messdecks while the ship rocked and tipped for hours. FLAT BOTTOM GATORS like the original LPD's and LSD's bounced around like Toys in a bathtub. We even called the LaSALLE (LPD-3) a "L" ARGE "P" LASTIC "D" UCK
    That was back in 65 thru 67. My boot camp years.
    That sounds like the Juneau. I thought I was noever going to be able to stand straight again. I just rocked side to side

11. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post