Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I disagree. On paper, Trump was among the most-successful or the most successful.

I was a fan.

Energy Independence for America

Manufacturing jobs returning

Border contained better than ever before

Peace in the Middle East - historic peace agreements

NATO members finally paying what they owed

The usual problematic dictators behaving

ISIS defeated

Ending ill-conceived trade deals; launching much improved ones

Slashing bureaucratic red tape

Awesome tax cut across the board

Ending taxpayer abortions

Changing the balance of the Supreme Court for the good

Unheard of low unemployment rates across the board

He was indeed transformational coming out of the 0bama years. We had a very good thing going. And all this despite being under constant seige by liberals. And donating his considerable salary to charity.

But hey! No mean tweets, right? At least there's something tangible.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Black Diamond, darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The US itself isn't the only thing Biden is dividing. Specifically, his policies are dividing the US military. That equals lost battles and dead troops.

Between DepSecDef pimping CRT in the military, and the Dems and military as a whole turning a blind eye to a General talking treason with a ChiCom General, and threatening all miltary personnel to include former/retired with court martials for belonging to anything the left deems "right wing extremist", the message is clear:

Go with the left's program or get screwed. Might as well throw your own grenade into your unit as wait for an enemy to do it. Same result.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes darin, Abbey Marie liked this post
    several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Gunny, the officers corp and the NCOs will follow Milley, and not think about it.

And the troops will follow the orders of those placed above them.

That was drilled into you and me, and it has been to them.
    Last edited by JakeStarkey; 10-06-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStarkey View Post
    Gunny, the officers corp and the NCOs will follow Milley, and not think about it.

Didn't spend any time at the top end of the leadership ladder did you?

What will happen is the professional corps will have to decide whether or not they can tolerate this BS until this Admin is gone, or get out. I wouldn't stay. I've stated more than twice had I stayed longer than I did, my retirement date would have been Jan 2008. I wouldn't have served under Obama. And he's looking almost sane compared to Biden.

The current crop of troops that aren't going to tolerate DoD policy and a traitor as JCS will just EAS. I for one hope they can get to it without getting killed. Whites are not going to tolerate CRT. No real military professional is going to tolerate Milley.

That's the beauty of it for the government. They're not allowed to talk or they end up in the brig.

Again, as a military leader, the message I'm reading is if you aren't an ethnic minority, don't subscribe to CRT and refuse to work for a traitor, writing's on the wall.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

What will happen is the professional corps will have to decide whether or not they can tolerate this BS until this Admin is gone, or get out. I wouldn't stay. I've stated more than twice had I stayed longer than I did, my retirement date would have been Jan 2008. I wouldn't have served under Obama. And he's looking almost sane compared to Biden.

The current crop of troops that aren't going to tolerate DoD policy and a traitor as JCS will just EAS. I for one hope they can get to it without getting killed. Whites are not going to tolerate CRT. No real military professional is going to tolerate Milley.

That's the beauty of it for the government. They're not allowed to talk or they end up in the brig.

Again, as a military leader, the message I'm reading is if you aren't an ethnic minority, don't subscribe to CRT and refuse to work for a traitor, writing's on the wall.
    So it will be like stalin purging his generals in the late 1930s in reverse

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    So it will be like stalin purging his generals in the late 1930s in reverse
    I've already stated they are going to purge the military. It purges itself every 10-ish years. I stated when than Deputy DOD racist stated they were force-feeding CRT that is what they would do.

Afghanistan War is over. Time for a drawdown. Better be on the right side of politics or you won't make the cut.

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I've already stated they are going to purge the military. It purges itself every 10-ish years. I stated when than Deputy DOD racist stated they were force-feeding CRT that is what they would do.

Afghanistan War is over. Time for a drawdown. Better be on the right side of politics or you won't make the cut.
    Sounds wonderful. Meanwhile Russia tests hypersonic missile from submarine.

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

no it wasnt. Non-free-thinkers, yes-men, didnt get promotions
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I would imagine division and corps commanders are toward the top end. Briefings with John Vesey, Army Vice Chief of Staff, is toward that end.

This group of commanders, officers, ncos, and troops will follow DOD policy, period.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I would imagine division and corps commanders are toward the top end. Briefings with John Vesey, Army Vice Chief of Staff, is toward that end.

This group of commanders, officers, ncos, and troops will follow DOD policy, period.
    You left out "and that's an order". The people worth keeping will follow orders until they can get out. The young and the lifers will think nothing of it.

None of which has anything to do with building a house on a foundation of sand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Trump's Highly-successful first term contrasted with the current state of things inflames ALL of the 70M who voted for Trump while the 50M who voted for Biden sit in happy denial of reality.

A solid majority of the 50M who voted for biden did-so even through biden's racist comments and harris' racist actions. They voted for them for racist reasons. There is no meaningful nor measurable group of Americans who cares what race the racists are. In fact, no american 'suffers' due to racism today except those of european and asian descent.

The dems are intent on turning the USA into a colony of the European Union. They are intent on sowing the seeds of civil war with their stupid ideas.

Voting fraud will continue to ensure democrats maintain some semblance of power; and Republicans will continue to allow democrats to break laws and violate our constitution.

We should think about voting limits; if a citizen votes for a horrible person more than once, they don't get to vote for 8 years until they a) grow up b) stop voting for idiots.

Trump was among the best world-leaders in history. He did more to help our nation than any president has probably done to help any nation within the past maybe 75 years. Oh - but he was a meanie to people who hate him! oh no! :-/
    Oh, good heavens, no, you little sheep.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yes, Trump tried to steal the election, and the majority won't stand for it.
    An unproven statement, and not the topic.

Don't feel too lonely in the boat. I was a Jimmy Carter supporter until I just couldn't take it anymore. You're stuck with "Pigpen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I disagree. On paper, Trump was among the most-successful or the most successful.
    Darin makes a good point.

Trump had baggage and a brash, unapologetic, mostly-Conservative personality that many people hated, but any reasonable person would have to agree that Trump's policies worked out very well. We had historically low unemployment, very low inflation, a safe southern border, we became the biggest exporter of oil in the world, and companies moving from overseas to this country. We also had all of America's enemies afraid to cross us because they didn't know what Trump would do. The only bad things from Trump's 4 years were Covid and the George Floyd riots, both of which had nothing to do with him or his policies.

Contrast that list with Biden: we now have high unemployment, hyper inflation, a southern border out of control, we're begging OPEC to sell us more oil because we don't have enough, and companies in America closing down. We also have America's enemies emboldened - a terror attack in the US is coming, and China could take over Taiwan and they know that Biden wouldn't do a thing beyond arresting a few more Moms and Dads at school board meetings. And Biden's only been in office for 8 months!

I'm not sure how any reasonable person can complain about Trump without complaining twice as loud about Biden.
    Last edited by Russ; 10-07-2021 at 08:23 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

18. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

Trump had baggage and a brash, unapologetic, mostly-Conservative personality that many people hated, but any reasonable person would have to agree that Trump's policies worked out very well. We had historically low unemployment, very low inflation, a safe southern border, we became the biggest exporter of oil in the world, and companies moving from overseas to this country. We also had all of America's enemies afraid to cross us because they didn't know what Trump would do. The only bad things from Trump's 4 years were Covid and the George Floyd riots, both of which had nothing to do with him or his policies.

Contrast that list with Biden: we now have high unemployment, hyper inflation, a southern border out of control, we're begging OPEC to sell us more oil because we don't have enough, and companies in America closing down. We also have America's enemies emboldened - a terror attack in the US is coming, and China could take over Taiwan and they know the Biden wouldn't do a thing beyond arresting a few more Moms and Dads at school board meetings. And Biden's only been in office for 8 months!

I'm not sure how any reasonable person can complain about Trump without complaining twice as loud about Biden.
    I replied to Darin about good policies of Trumps; but Biden is where he is, simply for not being Trump.

Biden though is much worse in most ways, including his unethical behaviors. Biden also was accused of sexual assault if not rape.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

Actually the original statement was this...

Trump was among the best world-leaders in history. He did more to help our nation than any president has probably done to help any nation within the past maybe 75 years.
    Besides, there are good things that he did and good things that happened while he was in office. Those are not the same thing.

A leader reacts to things that happens. biden is clearly failing at things that are happening just as trump clearly failed at some things that happened. He failed at responding to the riots and he failed at responding to covid. That's why he's no longer POTUS and why he is not among the best world leaders in history.
    "when socialism fails, blame capitalism and demand more socialism." - A friend
    "You know the difference between libs and right-wingers? Libs STFU when evidence refutes their false beliefs." - Another friend
    “Don't waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.” - Paulo Coelho