Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Merck Seeks Emergency-Use Authorization Of Oral Antiviral For COVID-19

FYI
    OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 10:38 AM PT – Monday, October 11, 2021

Drugmakers are seeking FDA authorization for the first oral antiviral medicine for treating COVID-19. Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics announced Monday that they submitted an application with the agency for emergency-use authorization of molnupiravir.
    The experimental medication, originally developed for treating influenza, is now demonstrating results in mild-to-moderate COVID-19 cases in at-risk adults. Clinical trials of the pill found that it reduced the risk of hospitalization or death by approximately 50 percent.
    The medication is administered as four pills taken twice-a-day for five days. The drug could be made available to Americans by late this year and would be the first authorized oral antiviral medicine for the treatment of COVID-19.
    The biotechnology company’s focus revolves around emerging infectious diseases. It’s known to market a treatment for Ebola. The team at Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics noted, they are “dedicated to working toward finding life-saving and life-changing solutions for patients and diseases that need champions.”

https://www.oann.com/merck-seeks-eme...-for-covid-19/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Big pharmaceutical screwing us again..

Merck also produced Ivermectin until the patent ran out. How interesting that they are now producing a "look alike" pill that they can make billions on. Of course they are leading the charge that Ivermectin isn't designed for use against covid. Ivermectin dosage $5. Molnupiravir $700. I can see why they would say that.

Merck, Ivermectin & Molnupiravir – A Tale of Two Pills

Francine_Rose

If someone had told me 2 years ago that I would be sitting here in my home office writing about anti-viral drugs and pharmaceutical companies, I would have said, “Get outta here! That’s crazy talk!!” Yet here I am, spending my Sunday writing about just that. Well, seeing as we in our two hundredeth and something day of lockdowns in Victoria, Australia, I’ve literally little else to do so here it goes. But first, another disclaimer. I am nobody important. These are just my thoughts, my opinion and nothing that I may write constitutes medical advice of any kind. I am merely trying to present the facts as I have observed them.

Ivermectin

Lately, you would have heard a lot of drama regarding the first of our two pills, ivermectin, in the news. Most of it will be negatively biased against the Nobel Peace Prize winning medication. Many stories are focused on the dangers of people self-medicating with the veterinary version of ivermectin, and the journalist calling out ‘right-wing’ commentators who are spreading “misinformation”, or crazy conspiracy theories regarding its efficacy for covid, despite our health authorities finding “no evidence” that it works. The subtext for most of these articles seem to be, “These people are stupid, crazy right-wing nutjobs who are self-medicating with horse paste for no good reason.” Many articles are quick to point out the FDA, (the Australian version is the TGA) and the CDC have not “approved” ivermectin for use in Covid-19. These appeals to authority are meant to silence anybody who dares to offer a different view of the drug’s efficacy. However, many of these ‘anti-ivermectin’ news reports are leaving out a lot of the facts regarding ivermectin and the research that is already there and is ongoing. None seem to mention any of the positive case studies that abound of people recovering from Covid-19 who have used ivermectin as part of their treatment. Anyone who just reads these stories with their morning coffee will just shake their head in confused disbelief and go on to the next story. What these stories are designed to do is leave a derisive stain on the name ivermectin and associate it with misinformation, tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers. Many of these articles will gleefully repeat that even the drug’s manufacturer has cautioned against its use. But what they just happen to leave out is the manufacturers’ financial stake in the matter.

Lord, won’t you buy me a Merck covid pill?

It just so happens that Merck, the former manufacturer of ivermectin has been working on a “new” anti-viral pill which will, when approved, would provide an at-home remedy for mild to moderate cases of Covid-19. This new pill will ironically work in much the same way as ivermectin. According to the press release Molnupiravir “inhibits the replication of multiple RNA viruses including SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19.”

According to this paper in Nature on the mechanisms of action of ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2 published in June 2021, (which I won’t pretend to totally understand), ivermectin apparently “inhibits and disrupts binding of the SARS-CoV-2 S protein at the ACE-2 receptors.”

Please, correct me if I am wrong, but that sounds like pretty much the same thing to me. If ivermectin inhibits and disrupts the binding of the covid protein to the ACE-2 receptors, it’s going to make it rather difficult for the virus to make copies of itself. So, as I understand it, in effect, this new pill does pretty much the same thing as ivermectin. Except it’s prettier, newer and most importantly, Merck will be able to patent it and make lots of money from it.

In the same press release, dated June 9, 2021, Meck announced that the U.S. government has agreed to “purchase molnupiravir if it receives Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Merck will receive approximately $1.2 billion to supply approximately 1.7 million courses of molnupiravir to the United States government.” Note the “if”. Note also, the FDA’s rules on granting EUA depend on there being “no adequate, approved, and available alternatives” already approved for use.
    https://francinerose.substack.com/p/...d-molnupiravir
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

See date at bottom . Beyond disgusting .

Merck’s new drug shares molecular similarities to #Ivermectin. And why wouldn’t it? IVM is in a COVID-19 superstar lane all by itself and Merck, who held the patent until 1996, knows this.
    It is criminal for the U.S. to pay Merck $1.2B when we already have the GOAT. https://t.co/jmc7pmmvj8
    — Frontline Covid-19 Critical Care (@Covid19Critical) June 15, 2021