Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This guy is just one wierd fella

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21009363/for/cnbc

Hes sueing his son and threatening him too.

| 27 Sep 2007 | 08:27 AM ET Font size: WASHINGTON (AP) - The son and daughter-in-law of a State Department official are seeking a restraining order to stop what they claim are unprofessional and offensive e-mails in a dispute over a personal loan, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The State Department's inspector general, Howard J. Krongard, is already under scrutiny from a House committee over whether he hindered inquiries into contractor fraud in Iraq and Afghanistan and mistreated subordinates.

Last year, Krongard sued his son, Kenneth W. Krongard, and his daughter-in-law, Kristin, over a home loan that he said they had defaulted on, the Post reported. Although they repaid the loan, which was $320,000, after the suit was filed, Krongard has demanded hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional interest and penalties as well as legal fees, the newspaper reported.

In Krongard's e-mails included in a recent court filing, the Post reported, he berated his son and at one point said in urging a settlement, "If you are willing to put your wife and children's future in jeopardy, that's your business." Krongard told the Post: "This is a highly personal matter which has nothing whatsoever to do with my professional life. I think it is intrusive and inappropriate for you to publicize it, especially while I am in Iraq trying my best to do my job as a public servant." Kenneth and Kristin Krongard declined to comment, the paper said.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So what's wrong with collecting a debt?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is his kids and they did pay it back

http://tinyurl.com/2erzu6

WASHINGTON — A congressional committee has opened an investigation of the State Department's inspector general, alleging he blocked fraud investigations in Afghanistan and Iraq, including potential security lapses at the newly built U.S. embassy in Baghdad.

Also under scrutiny is whether Blackwater USA, the private security firm banned this week from working in Iraq for the alleged killing of eight civilians, was "illegally smuggling weapons into Iraq," according to a letter to IG Howard J. Krongard obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press.

According to Waxman's 14-page letter, staff investigators said Krongard stalled an investigation into allegations that contractors building the Baghdad embassy did not adequately search for mines and other security hazards on the 104-acre compound, which included a number of tunnels.

The embassy, which will be the largest in the world, is expected to be finished this month, at a cost of nearly $600 million.

A central theme running through the letter is that Krongard prevented his investigators from cooperating with Justice Department probes and refused to send his staff to Iraq and Afghanistan to look into allegations of fraud and wasteful spending involving the more than $3.6 billion the State Department has spent on contracts in the two countries.

Waxman also said he's been told Krongard censored inspection reports and audits to remove information critical of the State Department.

The letter cited e-mails between staffers talking about their frustrations at not being allowed to assist the Justice Department in investigations.

In one exchange, former assistant inspector general for investigations John DeDona told Krongard's deputy, William Todd, that the IG agents believe they should only work on "penny-ante" cases and "not rock the boat with other more significant investigations."

DeDona eventually quit to take another federal job. McNamara was forced out, and also took another federal job.

The letter includes allegations that Krongard:

Was warned about poor workmanship at the U.S. embassy site, where serious electrical problems eventually occurred, but blocked investigations into it

Prevented investigators from seizing evidence they thought would implicate a large State Department contractor in procurement fraud, involving thousands of computers in Afghanistan

Interfered in an investigation into Voice of America head Kenneth Tomlinson, by providing him information about the inquiry

Fueled a "dysfunctional office environment" that caused key investigators to leave
    Last edited by truthmatters; 09-27-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    Is his kids and they did pay it back
    And apparently they owe more...interest, penalties, legal fees to collect said debt. No problem.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    And apparently they owe more...interest, penalties, legal fees to collect said debt. No problem.

Its his son and hes sueing him after he already paid back the loan and calling and threatening him.

Now that is family values.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its his son and hes sueing him after he already paid back the loan and calling and threatening him.

It's not paid as agreed or there wouldn't be a suit. A loan contract is a loan contract, regardless of the debtor.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So much for not condemning your neighbors, huh? I guess it's ok so long as it's a republican. And yet still not a word of condemnation about the terrorists. Your agendas are so apparent it's not even funny.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So much for not condemning your neighbors, huh? I guess it's ok so long as it's a republican. And yet still not a word of condemnation about the terrorists. Your agendas are so apparent it's not even funny.
    Hey, the truth matters!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hes more than a neighbor hes my employee.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Hes more than a neighbor hes my employee.
    Sorry, not even close. Paying taxes does not make you an employer of government officials. Not to mention, these things have nothing to do with his capacity as inspector general.

Like I said, your agendas are quite apparent, and I might add a bit sad.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you truely think an American is not allowed to discuss the ethics of a govenment employee?

This guy has been twarting any investigations into these contractors and you dot find it interesting that his own son has to take out a restraining order against him for calling and threating him about a loan his kid already paid back?

I dont Think you would do this to your son would you?

See you somehow are confusing me talking about an American government official with what I said about my nieghbor and my own kid.

In the example I gave you this guy IS my kid and NOT the nieghbor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So you truely think an American is not allowed to discuss the ethics of a govenment employee?

This guy has been twarting any investigations into these contractors and you dot find it interesting that his own son has to take out a restraining order against him for calling and threating him about a loan his kid already paid back?

I dont Think you would do this to your son would you?

See you somehow are confusing me talking about an American government official with what I said about my nieghbor and my own kid.

In the example I gave you this guy IS my kid and NOT the nieghbor.
    I wouldn't do it to my son, but that doesn't mean he's not entitled to, or that he's wrong. They were apparently in default if it made it to a lawsuit. Since it came to that, he obviously is out lawyer fees as a result and is likely entitled to interest and penalties as well.

And I have no problem with someone pointing out unethical behavior of government employees, I only have a problem when the complaining they do is solely towards one party/administration. What about all the Dems that have ethical issues, how come you never start threads about them?

Like I said, your agenda is apparent and silly at this point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't do it to my son, but that doesn't mean he's not entitled to, or that he's wrong. They were apparently in default if it made it to a lawsuit. Since it came to that, he obviously is out lawyer fees as a result and is likely entitled to interest and penalties as well.
    Do you think it's ethical to charge your children interest on a loan? If you don't trust them to repay, you shouldn't lend them money in the first place.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Do you think it's ethical to charge your children interest on a loan? If you don't trust them to repay, you shouldn't lend them money in the first place.
    What I believe I would do in the same situation has no bearing on the law, or right and wrong in this case. People also shouldn't borrow money if they aren't going to pay it back in a timely fashion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I believe I would do in the same situation has no bearing on the law, or right and wrong in this case. People also shouldn't borrow money if they aren't going to pay it back in a timely fashion.
    It's like the old saying: Don't loan money to family if you ever want to get paid back--or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.