Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Paul McCartney Blames John Lennon For Breakup Of The Beatles

FWIW at this point. I figured it out in the 70s. Probably the only people who didn't know/believe it were the Lennon disciples.

October 11, 2021
    LONDON (Reuters) – Paul McCartney has said he wanted to continue performing with the Beatles when the band famously split in 1970 and that John Lennon instigated the breakup.
    Speculation about what caused the demise of the world’s most famous pop group has ranged from artistic differences and legal disputes, to Lennon’s marriage to artist Yoko Ono.
    In a forthcoming episode of BBC Radio 4’s “This Cultural Life”, McCartney, 79, discusses what he called the most difficult period of his life.
    “I didn’t instigate the split. That was our Johnny,” he said. “This was my band, this was my job, this was my life, so I wanted it to continue.”
    When the singer-songwriter was asked about his decision to strike out on his own, McCartney told the interviewer to “stop right there” before setting out his explanation of what happened.
    “Oh no, no, no, John walked into a room one day and said I am leaving the Beatles,” McCartney said. “And he said, ‘It’s quite thrilling, it’s rather like a divorce’. And then we were left to pick up the pieces.”
    McCartney said the band would have continued if Lennon had not walked away.
    “I thought we were doing some pretty good stuff – Abbey Road, Let It Be, not bad,” he said.
    McCartney claims after Lennon announced he wanted to leave, the remaining members of the group were advised by their new manager, Allen Klein, to keep their impending disbandment a secret while he tied up some loose ends.
    “So for a few months we had to pretend,” McCartney said. “It was weird because we all knew it was the end of the Beatles but we couldn’t just walk away.”
    McCartney’s full interview with the BBC will be broadcast on Oct. 23.
    (Reporting by Andrew MacAskill, editing by Ed Osmond)
    https://www.oann.com/paul-mccartney-...f-the-beatles/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Yeah, I thought it was incredibly obvious that that witch got to John in a big bad way.

I was just reading about their son Sean today. He’s just like her, really.

We were having a discussion about John today, too. Though Yoko turned him from the band, I think he was always kind of lost and depressed. Ripe for someone to manipulate him. Kind of like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Had John ever written a truly upbeat song? I can’t think of one.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Marie View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was incredibly obvious that that witch got to John in a big bad way.

We were having a discussion about John today, too. Though Yoko turned him from the band, I think he was always kind of lost and depressed. Ripe for someone to manipulate him. Kind of like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Of course it was Yoko's fault . Witch is right. Never followed Lennon nor her nor anything they did after the Beatles split. Only song I know of he did post-Beatles was Imagine.

I was a Beatles fan. Had a couple of McCartney & Wings albums. He got a little too pop for my taste late 70s-early 80s. I'll still listen to the Beatles occasionally, and Wings.

What was that song Ringo had? No, no, no, I can't do that no more ... I'm tired of waking up on the floor
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The Beatles were the best. Yoko cheated us out of years of great music because lennon couldn't be replaced. I can't stand wings and I hated Paul's collaborations with steve wonder and Michael Jackson. Paul was a great bass player so I tried out venus and Mars the other day. Can't stomach it. Didn't like band on the run either.

I often wonder what lennon solo stuff would have been like without yoko and Phil Spector.

Not surprised about Sean. He's was raised by yoko only from age 5.

8. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    The Beatles were the best. Yoko cheated us out of years of great music because lennon couldn't be replaced. I can't stand wings and I hated Paul's collaborations with steve wonder and Michael Jackson. Paul was a great bass player so I tried out venus and Mars the other day. Can't stomach it. Didn't like band on the run either.

I often wonder what lennon solo stuff would have been like without yoko and Phil Spector.

Not surprised about Sean. He's was raised by yoko only from age 5.
    Oddly enough, I had Wings Over America on this past weekend for the first time since the 70s It's like every other song is good/sucks. Roller coaster album. I could back then, play Venus and Mars on my mom's organ. We didn't have internet or cable to entertain ourselves then

10. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

For me, you can’t beat Maybe I’m Amazed as a solo McCartney song.

You can tell if a Beatles song was basically a Lennon or a McCartney song by the mood.
    Is it negative or cynical? John.
    Is it upbeat or happy? Paul.

Which is probably why their collaborative songs worked so well.

-Abbey

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Of course it was Yoko's fault . Witch is right. Never followed Lennon nor her nor anything they did after the Beatles split. Only song I know of he did post-Beatles was Imagine.

I was a Beatles fan. Had a couple of McCartney & Wings albums. He got a little too pop for my taste late 70s-early 80s. I'll still listen to the Beatles occasionally, and Wings.

What was that song Ringo had? No, no, no, I can't do that no more ... I'm tired of waking up on the floor
    Speaking of Yoko = Witch, many many years ago I went to see a paychic who was highly recommended to me as “the real deal”. I drove about 30 miles to some rural town in NJ, at night, to see him. I had to go into the back entrance of a house that was off by itself in a farmland/wooded area. From what I could see in the darkness, anyway.

The psychic was dressed all in black, with a black turtleneck. Kind of unusual around here, anyway. And something about him made me feel uneasy.
    He proceeded to tell me three legal-sized pages of predictions. (No recordings allowed). Capped off by telling me if I get invited somewhere associated with a specific word, I definitely should go. That word turned out to be my (future) husband’s last name. We weren’t dating or anything yet. I didn’t even know his last name. And it is a pretty unusual last name, btw. We are about to celebrate our 32nd wedding Anniversary. So in my opinion, the guy had some actual psychic powers.,

What about Yoko? Literally the only decoration in this room, besides a few books, was a signed photo of Yoko. Also dressed all in black. I asked him if he knew her personally, and he said yes, in a tone that clearly meant don’t ask me any questions.

I never went back to him or any psychic.
    I am convinced since that night that both he and Yoko were in some kind of witchcraft or Satanist group.

-Abbey

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Speaking of Yoko = Witch, many many years ago I went to see a paychic who was highly recommended to me as “the real deal”. I drove about 30 miles to some rural town in NJ, at night, to see him. I had to go into the back entrance of a house that was off by itself in farmland/wooded areas.

The psychic was dressed all in black, with a black turtleneck, and something about him made me feel uneasy.
    He proceeded to tell me three legal-sized pages of predictions. (No recordings allowed). Capped off by telling me if I get invited somewhere associated with a specific word, I definitely should go. That word turned out to be my (future) husband’s last name. We weren’t dating or anything yet. I didn’t even know his last name. And it is a pretty unusual last name, btw. We are about to celebrate our 32nd wedding Anniversary.

What about Yoko? Literally the only decoration in this room, besides a few books, was a signed photo of Yoko. Also dressed all in black. I asked him if he knew her personally, and he said yes, in a tone that clearly meant don’t ask me any questions.

I never went back to him or any psychic.
    I am convinced since that night that both he and Yoko were in some kind of witchcraft or Satanist group.
    Would not surprise me.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Everything supports John and Yoko being an extremely well suited and happy couple .

Listening to Yoko over the years there is no doubt that she is very intelligent and also highly creative and sensitive .

I am not aware of her ever criticising John in any way or the other three Beatles .

So why does she get such a bad press ?

Is it mainly because she did not conform to what 'the fans' thought they wanted or even deserved ? With very little actually known about the real Yoko who throughout has

lived in respectful and diplomatic silence .