Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Raiders Coach, Jon Gruden, gets canceled - resigns immediately

I loved Jon Gruden as a coach. It's a shame to see such a man get canceled. But in this case, it's more appropriate to look at it as a firing/resignation. He earned this one with his comments over the years, looks like starting in 2011.

Just a few of the quotes:

1- President Joe Biden a "p***y," according to a report. (this one was correct and appropriate)
    2- The 2002 Super Bowl champion also called NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell a "fa**ot" and a "clueless anti-football p***y."
    3- Gruden also wrote that Goodell shouldn't have pressured the then-St. Louis Rams to draft "queers," a supposed reference to Michael Sam, an openly gay player selected in the 2014 draft.
    4- Prior to his announcement, Gruden was ripped for his remarks, especially those referring to DeMaurice Smith, the executive director of the NFL Players Association, the report said.

"Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of Michelin tires," he said.
    ---

Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders coach after more leaked emails reveal homophobic, misogynistic language

The Raiders coach is stepping down less than four years into his 10-year deal

Jon Gruden is out as the Las Vegas Raiders' head coach. Gruden informed his staff on Monday night he is resigning from his position in the wake of leaked emails in which he repeatedly used insensitive language, as NFL Media first reported and CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora confirmed.

"I have resigned as Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone,'' Gruden said in a statement released Monday night.

Already under investigation by the NFL for a 2011 email in which he used a racial trope to criticize NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith, Gruden admitted Friday that he also used profane language to describe NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. According to The New York Times, however, Gruden's questionable conduct extended far beyond those comments, with Ken Belson and Katherine Rosman reporting Monday that the 58-year-old "casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language" to denigrate NFL peers from 2010 all the way to 2018, when he rejoined the Raiders.

Rest - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ge-per-report/

Jon Gruden resigns as Las Vegas Raiders head coach after report of anti-gay, misogynistic language used in emails

LAS VEGAS -- Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders following reports that emails he wrote over a 10-year period included racist, misogynistic and anti-gay language.

"I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction," Gruden said in a statement Monday night. "Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone."

Raiders owner Mark Davis released a short statement saying he has accepted Gruden's resignation. Assistant coach Rich Bisaccia will serve as interim head coach effective immediately, the team announced. Bisaccia will meet with the media during availability on Wednesday.

The resignation came shortly after The New York Times reported that Gruden used misogynistic and anti-gay language in numerous emails during a seven-year period. That report came days after 10-year-old emails from Gruden surfaced that included a racist comment about NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith as well as a vulgar criticism of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ers-head-coach
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He's right about Biden and Goodell. I don't like the Michelin tires comment. And I don't understand why people don't realize the things you say or type are permanent, especially when you're famous.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

People want power - they are taught to get power by whining and crying and pretending to be actually hurt by things.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    People want power - they are taught to get power by whining and crying and pretending to be actually hurt by things.
    I get that. But the Michelin tires comment I am having trouble getting past.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default We are Humans, and nearly all of us have said things we later regret.

A GOOD REMINDER ON THE INTERNET. Where EVERYTHING stays FOREVER.

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me: