Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. Pleads Guilty To All Charges

Not a lot to be said. He knew he was in violation, but felt what he had to say more important. Man up. Wonder where that Marine learned to do that?

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 2:49 PM PT – Thursday, October 14, 2021

The decorated Marine who publicly criticized top military brass over the failed Afghanistan withdrawal pleaded guilty to all charges. Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. entered his plea on Thursday during a court martial hearing at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.
    In August, Scheller was relieved of his command after posting blistering videos on social media calling for accountability over the Afghanistan crisis. He was then thrown in the brig and spent a week in solitary confinement.
    The 40-year-old pleaded guilty to six misdemeanor charges including disobeying a superior and conduct unbecoming of an officer. Scheller admitted he could’ve chosen to word his statements differently, but at times still defended what he had said.

When asked by the judge why he acted the way he did, Scheller responded “a message of accountability was more important than the lawfulness of my behavior. I chose to speak out knowing it is unlawful in an effort to illustrate the hypocrisy of my senior leaders.”
    Scheller’s lawyer hopes his punishment will be honorable discharge.
    https://www.oann.com/lt-col-stuart-s...o-all-charges/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne, icansayit, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Not a lot to be said. He knew he was in violation, but felt what he had to say more important. Man up. Wonder where that Marine learned to do that?

https://www.oann.com/lt-col-stuart-s...o-all-charges/
    Probably you yelling at him for 13 weeks.

4. Thanks Gunny, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Probably you yelling at him for 13 weeks.
    Wasn't ME

Seriously, I trained only enlisted, male recruits. And nobody else has to care, but as a Marine, I expect no less and he kept the faith
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Wasn't ME

Seriously, I trained only enlisted, male recruits. And nobody else has to care, but as a Marine, I expect no less and he kept the faith
    Ohh this guy was an officer..

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

“a message of accountability was more important than the lawfulness of my behavior. I chose to speak out knowing it is unlawful in an effort to illustrate the hypocrisy of my senior leaders.”

So sometimes it's more important to point out serious problems, even if it means breaking "the law".

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

10. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    “a message of accountability was more important than the lawfulness of my behavior. I chose to speak out knowing it is unlawful in an effort to illustrate the hypocrisy of my senior leaders.”

So sometimes it's more important to point out serious problems, even if it means breaking "the law".

Speak out is not burning down. I've always thought that civil disobedience is perhaps the most underrated forms of protest, when it persevers against violence. The caveat being that enough people must be willing to join in, singularly or en mass. Rosa Park and MLK Jr being most notable. For Thoreau, well he had someone else pay the taxes and it d I didn't stop the war.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 10-15-2021 at 07:33 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Speak out is not burning down. I've always thought that civil disobedience is perhaps the most underrated forms of protest, when it persevers against violence. The caveat being that enough people must be willing to join in, singularly or en mass. Rosa Park and MLK Jr being most notable. For Thoreau, well he had someone else pay the taxes and it d I didn't stop the war.
    Snowden
    Manning
    Assange
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-15-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Snowden
    Manning
    Assange
    Not taking the penalties is not civil disobedience. That part Thoreau got right.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Not taking the penalties is not civil disobedience. That part Thoreau got right.
    So it's more important to point out serious problems, even if it means breaking "the law"... but ONLY if you hang around to take your beating?

And didn't Manning take his beating, even some illegal abuse at the hands of the gov't?
    Also John Kiriakou
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-15-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Ohh this guy was an officer..
    Yes. An 0-5 with 17 years of service.

Brilliant. Here's what he lost: An 0-5 with 17 years service and three combat tours is a shoe-in for Colonel when his name comes up on the promotion board.

An 0-5 with 17 years in service needs 3 more years to retire at 35% of his base pay at the highest rank held.

He threw away his retirement, and an easy shot at promotion and an even bigger retirement paycheck, regimental command, and 17 years of his life.

Easy for you to sit here and say it was worth it, Rev. You aren't the one paying. He's the one that has to live it. His decision and his consequences. In his position I'd have kept my mouth shut. Why?

What has he changed? Nothing. See any accountability? Nope. See a LtCol with 17 years getting court martialed? Yep. Will what he felt was important enough to toss his career over be remembered a year from now? Nope.

He might. He looks like a shoe-in for a job at Fox News. The return's not worth the investment. IMO. Again, his choice. I admire his courage and integrity. Not his judgement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Yes. An 0-5 with 17 years of service.

Brilliant. Here's what he lost: An 0-5 with 17 years service and three combat tours is a shoe-in for Colonel when his name comes up on the promotion board.

An 0-5 with 17 years in service needs 3 more years to retire at 35% of his base pay at the highest rank held.

He threw away his retirement, and an easy shot at promotion and an even bigger retirement paycheck, regimental command, and 17 years of his life.

Easy for you to sit here and say it was worth it, Rev. You aren't the one paying..
    I didn't say it, he did.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

What has he changed? Nothing.
    See any accountability? Nope.
    See a LtCol with 17 years getting court martialed? Yep.
    Will what he felt was important enough to toss his career over be remembered a year from now? Nope.

He might. He looks like a shoe-in for a job at Fox News.
    The return's not worth the investment. IMO.
    Again, his choice. I admire his courage and integrity. Not his judgement.

so if exposing corruption and the like does no good to correct the problem
    or does nothing for the person doing the exposing, then it's best just to go along to get along?
    so it's never addressed.
    Should we need a guarantee that things will get fixed in 30-90 days before folks should expose or address an issue?

People fought, exposed, broke the law over slavery for about 100+ years before it was changed around the world.
    Many (most) of the people who did so are unknown and many died in poverty.
    People fought, exposed, broke the law over civil rights for about 100 years before it was changed in the U.S..

Sometimes actions are one pebble in an avalanche that can't be resisted.
    Sometimes it's just a pebble that the powers that be crush.

And some people act on principle despite the outcomes.
    That's just their character.
    I admire that.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-15-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

so if exposing corruption and the like does no good to correct the problem
    or does nothing for the person doing the exposing, then it's best just to go along to get along?
    so it's never addressed.
    Should we need a guarantee that things will get fixed in 30-90 days before folks should expose or address an issue?

People fought, exposed, broke the law over slavery for about 100+ years before it was changed around the world.
    Many (most) of the people who did so are unknown and many died in poverty.
    People fought, exposed, broke the law over civil rights for about 100 years before it was changed in the U.S..

Sometimes actions are one pebble in an avalanche that can't be resisted.
    Sometimes it's just a pebble that the powers that be crush.

And some people act on principle despite the outcomes.
    That's just their character.
    I admire that.
    Not much admirable about someone having an emotional outburst. Especially someone responsible for the lives of 500 Marines, more or less.

You fool yourself where slavery is concerned. It just got repackaged and is now all-inclusive. "Racism" is not going away as long as the word and/or accusation can be sued as a weapon.

Nothing was accomplished. Temporary feel goods from reality then back to business as usual or on to the next distraction mislabeled a "cause". Awesome. Any more tricks in the hat?

When you start talking about the system of slavery that we currently support in every way imaginable, then I might think you might have a clue. Until then, just another Don Quixote fighting windmills you think are giants.

Here's a hint and why you've not only been brainwashed to not consider it, but have brainwashed yourself into not considering it: The system, bureaucracy, deep state, (name your poison), is corrupt to the core like cancer and like cancer needs to be removed. All you got to do is figure out how you remove a parasite that intentionally attaches itself to every vital organ.

20. Likes Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Not much admirable about someone having an emotional outburst. Especially someone responsible for the lives of 500 Marines, more or less.
    ok
    You fool yourself where slavery is concerned. It just got repackaged and is now all-inclusive.
    Whaaaat?!?! do you hate America? Capitalism is not slavery.
    you sound like a liberal... are you secret BLM?

"Racism" is not going away as long as the word and/or accusation can be sued as a weapon.
    never said anything about racism.
    just mentioned civil rights, you know, like voting, getting service at any biz, not being killed for no reason by police.. um.. Ok maybe you have a point.

Nothing was accomplished. Temporary feel goods from reality then back to business as usual or on to the next distraction mislabeled a "cause". Awesome. Any more tricks in the hat?
    that sounds exactly like the left an even some critical race theory talk. where's the real gunny?

When you start talking about the system of slavery that we currently support in every way imaginable, then I might think you might have a clue. Until then, just another Don Quixote fighting windmills you think are giants.

Here's a hint and why you've not only been brainwashed to not consider it, but have brainwashed yourself into not considering it: The system, bureaucracy, deep state, (name your poison), is corrupt to the core like cancer and like cancer needs to be removed. All you got to do is figure out how you remove a parasite that intentionally attaches itself to every vital organ.
    I agree with that, probably in more ways than you think.
    But, with that said, respectfully, why would someone be apart of the U.S. military? it is not ...and has never been... outside of the system.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

ok

Whaaaat?!?! do you hate America? Capitalism is not slavery.
    you sound like a liberal... are you secret BLM?

never said anything about racism.
    just mentioned civil rights, you know, like voting, getting service at any biz, not being killed for no reason by police.. um.. Ok maybe you have a point.

that sounds exactly like the left an even some critical race theory talk. where's the real gunny?

I agree with that, probably in more ways than you think.
    But, with that said, respectfully, why would someone be apart of the U.S. military? it is not ...and has never been... outside of the system.
    Racism is alive and well. It IS systemic. Just not the way it's being sold. The way it is being sold is divisive and continuing a lie because it's big business. What do you suppose all these racists fighting racism would do for a living if they weren't promulgating hate? The difference between them an Hezbollah/Hamas is we do it with a pen and Hezbollah/Hamas use the more direct approach with bombs and missiles. The industry of hatred and division doen't care about being right nor winning, just keeping the meal ticket alive.

I was born on a military base and was raised on military bases for the most part. The "human" part of me is from my grandparents. Otherwise, I am exactly what the government bought and paid for. A US Government subsidized and sanctioned mercenary. Head filled full of Ooh-rah, Mom, Apple pie and machine guns in the name of truth, justice and the American way.

You have NO idea how long it takes to realize you are just part of the system. Here's a trick for you: We didn't do politics in the Marine Corps beyond the superficial level. I never allowed them on duty. They are divisive and involve stupid civilians. My job is to accomplish the mission before me. So long as it is not unlawful, there are no questions to waste my time on and they detract from unit efficiency. See how that works?

23. Thanks Black Diamond, Mr. P thanked this post