Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Pulled muscle in my lower back

Just like every other time too, by sitting in my chair and then sneezing!!

Somehow or some reason, my muscles in my lower back just instantly started hurting when I sneezed. Literally had trouble standing and walking right after that. And then I woke in the middle of the night and knew I had an issue with the pain walking to the bathroom. Then I woke and same. Sitting is fine, just don't cough! And then walking I have to do so a little hunched over and quite gingerly.

This is like the 3rd damn time I did this too! None of the drugs helping at all. So I guess a matter of slowly exercising it and giving it the heating pad and ice packs. Uggghhh.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks icansayit, Gunny, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Somehow or some reason, my muscles in my lower back just instantly started hurting when I sneezed. Literally had trouble standing and walking right after that. And then I woke in the middle of the night and knew I had an issue with the pain walking to the bathroom. Then I woke and same. Sitting is fine, just don't cough! And then walking I have to do so a little hunched over and quite gingerly.

This is like the 3rd damn time I did this too! None of the drugs helping at all. So I guess a matter of slowly exercising it and giving it the heating pad and ice packs. Uggghhh.
    Sorry, that suks.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a bummer, I know as we are getting older it takes just a little longer to recover. Hope you feel better soon.

6. Thanks jimnyc, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Sorry Jim.
    I can’t move my head for the pain at the top of my neck, so I feel ya.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Marie View Post
    Sorry Jim.
    I can’t move my head for the pain at the top of my neck, so I feel ya.
    That sums too!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

10. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Hate to sound like a Wise Guy Jim, but...

Welcome to the Club. All of those pains (sad to say) are just the beginning. I have had 3 major SPINAL surgeries, still have Stenosis, Sciatica...down both legs to my feet. That began following my Quadruple Heart Bypass when the Dr. had to invade the inside of my thigh...and it became infected after they just opened up my chest.
    The infection took 4 weeks to go away with two shots of ANTIBIOTICS every 12 hours. Almost died from that SIPSIS from the bad insertion of the needle there.

As I said. Welcome to the club. Turning my head fully...is next to impossible. By the way. I'm going on 75....see what you, and everybody else have to LOOK FORWARD TO???

Get well, take it easy.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

12. Thanks Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That sums too!
    That would be 'suks too!

@Gunny loves ❤ my texting prownes.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That would be 'suks too!

Haha, I thought you were using some Brit terminology.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Welcome to the Club. All of those pains (sad to say) are just the beginning. I have had 3 major SPINAL surgeries, still have Stenosis, Sciatica...down both legs to my feet. That began following my Quadruple Heart Bypass when the Dr. had to invade the inside of my thigh...and it became infected after they just opened up my chest.
    The infection took 4 weeks to go away with two shots of ANTIBIOTICS every 12 hours. Almost died from that SIPSIS from the bad insertion of the needle there.

As I said. Welcome to the club. Turning my head fully...is next to impossible. By the way. I'm going on 75....see what you, and everybody else have to LOOK FORWARD TO???

Get well, take it easy.
    Well that sums too!

As the saying goes, "Getting old isn't for sissies!" I'm pretty sure that was not a woke sentiment!

18. Thanks icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

That would be 'suks too!

Ha! I do the same damned thing. I easily read that
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Ooof - Jim. So sorry.

I've heard it said you know you're old when you wake up sore from having gone to sleep
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Ah yes, the old man's back syndrome. I once incapacitated myself one morning as I got out of bed, dropped a lighter on the floor and as I bent down to pick it up, my entire back spasmed & I seized. I literally fell back into bed, unable to move for about 3 days.

But fixing your lower back is easy! It's the mid & upper back that you can't fix yourself.

1) Sit down on the floor
    2) Cross your legs, bring your left leg over the right one
    3) Draw your legs up, so your knees are halfway to your chest
    4) Place your right elbow against the left side of your left knee
    5) Slowly start rotating your torso left as you help push from your right elbow. Go as slow as you want, the key is to relax as you stretch your lower back

6) reverse your legs and elbows, stretch the other way. Go back and forth a couple of times and your lower back will pop - mine does it right away. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time after you've popped it back into place for the pain to go away, but this always works for me.

The good part about this is that you're in control instead of someone else possibly going too hard and hurting you. You'll know when you've reached the maximum twist exerted on your lower back and at that point you back off and go the other way.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

22. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, darin, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not 100% but getting much better. But using a heating pad, and also some wraps I had bought. I iced a little too. Seems the heat helps or helped the most.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

24. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes icansayit, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post

Get well, take it easy.
    I've always been careful with my back, relatively speaking. I started paying attention because all my Squid buddies had screwed up backs Boondockers and steel decks. For us it was combat boots and steel decks. Or running on the street in them Even back when I could lift half the gym I was careful how I did it with strict form. I STILL don't bend over at the waist unless I have to. I'll squat/half-squat.

When I was in the hospital with a tube through the back of my ribs into my lung, I learned a new meaning of muscle atrophy. I was of course immobilized. My lower back hasn't been the same since. Use it or lose it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

26. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Ah yes, the old man's back syndrome. I once incapacitated myself one morning as I got out of bed, dropped a lighter on the floor and as I bent down to pick it up, my entire back spasmed & I seized. I literally fell back into bed, unable to move for about 3 days.

But fixing your lower back is easy! It's the mid & upper back that you can't fix yourself.

1) Sit down on the floor
    2) Cross your legs, bring your left leg over the right one
    3) Draw your legs up, so your knees are halfway to your chest
    4) Place your right elbow against the left side of your left knee
    5) Slowly start rotating your torso left as you help push from your right elbow. Go as slow as you want, the key is to relax as you stretch your lower back

6) reverse your legs and elbows, stretch the other way. Go back and forth a couple of times and your lower back will pop - mine does it right away. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time after you've popped it back into place for the pain to go away, but this always works for me.

The good part about this is that you're in control instead of someone else possibly going too hard and hurting you. You'll know when you've reached the maximum twist exerted on your lower back and at that point you back off and go the other way.
    I knew a guy back in the day that did similar. He was a weightlifting buddy and could deadlift over 500 lbs. Ben down one day to pick up something (time has forgotten what) and went down for the count. Threw his back out.

We got MILES of entertainment out of that once he got back in the gym