Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Thoughts on Alec Baldwin issue?

Not sure who is familiar with what happened?

Alec somehow was on set and must have been with wardrobe or whomever is in control of props. He took out a prop gun - and aimed it at another person on set - and when he pulled the trigger this woman was shot in the chest and killed.

I don't think he knew what would happen, but I do think his actions were reckless.

Gonna be interesting if he gets charged here.

Thoughts?

---

Halyna Hutchins Was Shot in Chest When Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun

The New York Post reports that Halyna Hutchins, the 42-year-old cinematographer who Alec Baldwin shot and killed on the Rust movie set Thursday, was shot in the chest.

Breitbart News noted Thursday that New Mexico’s Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office was investigating Hutchins’ death after actor Alec Baldwin discharged a prop gun. A second individual, 48-year-old Joel Souza, was also wounded in the shooting.

On Sunday, the Post observed that Baldwin “unknowingly fired a live round, hitting 42-year-old Hutchins in the chest and killing her. Director Joel Souza, 48, who was standing behind her, was also injured.”

Script supervisor Mamie Mitchell called 911 after the shooting occurred.

Mitchell told the dispatcher, “We had two people accidentally shot on a movie set by a prop gun, we need help immediately. We were rehearsing and it went off, and I ran out, we all ran out.”

Hollywood weapons expert Bryan Carpenter talked to the Post and stressed that the No. 1 rule for prop firearms is: “Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being.”

He noted that rules of gun safety apply even on a movie set, where “you never let the muzzle of a weapon cover something you don’t intend to destroy.”

The New York Post reports:

New Mexico criminal attorney Erlinda Johnson, a former state and federal prosecutor said the “Beetlejuice” actor could face possible criminal liability for involuntary manslaughter.

“All the state needs to demonstrate is that he was engaged in a lawful, but dangerous act and did not act with due caution,” she said. “That’s what the state has to prove for involuntary manslaughter, which is a fourth-degree felony with a maximum penalty of up to 18 months in prison.”
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ired-prop-gun/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alec Baldwin is a POS Hollywood hypocrite. He has tweeted for years about gun owners, referencing Dick Cheney shooting someone while hunting (not fatal).

Was it a “prop” gun or a gun used as a prop? There seems to be conflicting information.

Had Alec Baldwin handled that gun like millions of responsible gun owners handle their guns in this country, there would not have been negligent discharge.

So the insurance companies and financiers of the film will likely take a financial hit on this film. The film will be tied up in lawsuits and never be distributed for viewing. So any good that can come from this shooting is end of the road for Alec.
    Let’s Go Brandon

4. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Baldwin is negligent. It wasn't an accident, he pulled the trigger.

Taking someone else's word for whether a gun is loaded or not is the height of stupidity. You always check for yourself. As a wee youngster, my Dad handed me a gun and then cuffed me when I didn't immediately check for myself if it was loaded or not.

And even if the weapon is empty, you still do not point it at anyone.

And if you're pointing it at someone, you do not pull the trigger.

The fact is that the libs making their western involving guns should have had an experienced firearm master, or armorer I guess they call them on set.

I'm sure that the NRA could have quickly hooked them up with someone to keep the firearm ignorance by Hollywood types to a dull roar.

The irony here is that Baldwin mouthed off quite a few times about firearms and even wondered on Twitter what it would be like to accidently shoot someone. He's regretting that hot take.

If he'd have been raised properly, he most likely wouldn't be a rabid liberal, and he'd know how to handle firearms.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My first thought was were they having an affair and she threatened to go public....probably not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

This has happened to many times.
    Seems to me it's long past time they stopped using real guns for movie making.
    Nothing should come out of muzzle but smoke.
    No place in a prop for real rounds at all.
    They can fake whole human beings, spaceships, war zones , have millions for sets, costumes and props. There's no Reason for real guns or ammo to be used on camera.
    Seems the actors could demand "real gun" free filmmaking.
    All jobs have a certain amount of danger but accidental gun death on movie sets is totally unnecessary.
    Has been for decades imo.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-25-2021 at 06:57 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

9. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    This has happened to many times.
    Seems to me it's long past time they stopped using real guns for movie making.
    Nothing should come out of muzzle but smoke.
    No place in a prop for real rounds at all.
    They can fake whole human beings, spaceships, war zones , have millions for sets, costumes and props. There's no Reason for real guns or ammo to be used on camera.
    Seems the actors could demand "real gun" free filmmaking.
    All jobs have a certain amount of danger but accidental gun death on movie sets is totally unnecessary.
    Has been for decades imo.
    That's a copout to responsible behavior. Adults shouldn't need their toy guns taken away and replaced by CGI because they can't act in a responsible manner.

In any other instance, this incident would get someone charged. "I thought the gun was unloaded". "I thought the gun was a prop". Not seeing a difference in excuses.

I'm not an actor, and as you can see from others in this thread I know use firearms as tools there's not a whole bunch of sympathy. If I aim a firearm at you, you best do something within a nanosecond to convince me to not shoot or have said your prayers already. It's not a game to me and excuses don't put the bullet back in the gun.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Likes logroller liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

My heart kinda breaks for the whole situation. I can't image the kind of grief and agony of the victim's family. And I also cannot imagine the agony Baldwin must be feeling. Intent does not remove responsibly - movie set or not. He pointed a firearm towards a person without having personal knowledge of the safety of the issue. If I did that to a friend in any situation, I'd be liable for the legal repercussions.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

13. Thanks Gunny, logroller thanked this post
    Likes revelarts, Abbey Marie, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default crew member who gave Baldwin firearm fired from previous job after prop gun accident

"First of all, our condolences go out to everyone affected by the recent tragic event in New Mexico," a producer from the film "Freedom's Path" told Fox News on Monday.
    "I can confirm that Dave Halls was fired from the set of 'Freedom's Path' in 2019 after a crew member incurred a minor and temporary injury when a gun was unexpectedly discharged. Halls was removed from set immediately after the prop gun discharged. Production did not resume filming until Dave was off-site. An incident report was taken and filed at that time."
    https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/al...-rust-shooting
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

16. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, MtnBiker, darin thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, icansayit, logroller, darin, OAK liked this post