Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default New Commuter Car

When I moved to OK in 2020, gas was $1.50-1.60/gallon. The 15mpg in my tacoma wasn't such a hardship. Add to that i lived 10 minutes from work. Fast-forward and after 50M people voted for Biden, and he was given the presidency, gas is now about $2.85/gallon - AND My commute is now 170 miles per day.

To that end I picked up a new commuter - rated at 36mpg and tons easier to drive than my lifted Tacoma; more comfortable in every way and safer (better acceleration, braking, stopping, turning).

It is a mineral gray 2015 228i, 8-speed auto transmission, MSport suspension, 2L turbo 4 Cyl, 240hp/255lbs-ft, weighs about 3400lbs. It's slightly shorter than my RX8 (which gets about 16mpg on the freeway, and I will sell next month), but it's strikingly faster on the straights and very close to as fast around corners. All-told i'm very happy with this Bimmer. Priced right, low miles for the year, and comfortable as heck. Yes, I bought a 3rd-party warranty and no, it's not super sporty to look at.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.