but the story is deeper than that.

He has never been vaccinated and mislead the league and his team about not getting one. His choice not to and I support that, but he mislead everyone and is now playing the victim card.

As the article states, he placed his team as a whole at risk, in more ways than one.

Then blames the "woke mob" - as if they somehow made him lie, mislead or not get vaccinated. And his reasoning for why he didn't then follow league rules, and wear a mask around others in the league? MLK quote & him not believing in them. So I wonder, if he goes to a store that requires one, does he feel he gets an automatic exemption there too?

---

Aaron Rodgers' vaccine refusal put his teammates and the Green Bay Packers' season at risk

Aaron Rodgers, the Super Bowl winning quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, a three-time MVP blessed with a golden arm, has come down with Covid-19, but of course that’s not the crux of the story roiling the NFL. The story is about the way he was untruthful with the public and potentially put his teammates and other people at risk of infection.

When asked about his vaccination status in August, Rodgers did not respond as Buffalo Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley did: “You’re damn right I’m not vaxxed!” Nor did Rodgers play the privacy game and say he’d rather not share his personal medical information. Had he given either response, his testing positive for Covid-19 would be a one-day story and not one that has inspired a formal NFL investigation and has journalists licking their chops — that is, if they’re not currently being tested themselves for having been in a Packers press scrum.

The problem is, of course, if analyses like this ESPN report are to be believed, Aaron Rodgers lied. Many commentators are using kinder language, saying he elided the vaccination question in August or saying he “misled” the media.

But that’s giving Rodgers a pass. In these times when hospitals are overstretched and people are having to watch the funerals of their loved ones on Zoom, if someone asks if you’ve been vaccinated, then your answer should be “yes” or “no.” Even a “none of your business” would do (even though I believe the vaccination rate is all of our business), since it at least signals that there’s a possibility a person is not vaccinated. But if your answer is, "Yeah, I've been immunized” when you haven't been vaccinated, that’s a lie more fitting in the mouth of a politician.

Rest - https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/aaron-...ckers-n1283294

Aaron Rodgers blames ‘woke mob’ in bizarre first interview since COVID drama

Two days after the news he tested positive for COVID-19, will miss Sunday’s game against the Chiefs and is not vaccinated, Aaron Rodgers told his side of the story.

The Packers quarterback appeared on “The Pat McAfee Show,” speaking for about 15 uninterrupted minutes about all of the factors that went into his decision not to be vaccinated — and all of his issues with the backlash he has received.

“I realize I’m in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now, so before my final nail gets put in my cancel-culture casket, I think I’d like to set the record straight on some of the blatant lies that are out there about myself right now,” Rodgers began.

Rodgers said he didn’t “lie” during a late-August press conference when he said he was “immunized” and there was a “witch hunt” going on in the media over who was unvaccinated.

“It wasn’t some sort of ruse or lie, it was the truth,” Rodgers said.

Nevertheless, most people who heard his answer at the time assumed he was affirming he had been vaccinated. Rodgers said he would have responded to a follow-up question about being immunized.

“I would’ve said, ‘Look, I’m not some sort of anti-vax, flat-earther. I am somebody who is a critical thinker, you guys know me, I march to the beat of my own drum, I believe strongly in bodily autonomy,’ ” Rodgers said.

“I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something. Health is not a one-size-fits-all for everybody.”

When asked why he didn’t comply with NFL protocols and wear a mask during press conferences, as unvaccinated players are supposed to do, he quoted Martin Luther King Jr. and railed against a policy he believed “is not based in science.”

Rest - https://nypost.com/2021/11/05/aaron-...fee-interview/