Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Default Why is Scottie Pippen in the list of the NBA's Top 75 Players?

I rarely posted a sports thread, but just thought I'd throw this out there.

I just happened to see the NBA's list of the "NBA Top 75 Players" over its 75 years of existence, and I have to ask this question - what the heck is Scottie Pippen doing on this list?

Scottie Pippen was great defensively and belongs in the NBA Hall of Fame, I will give him those things. I will also give him the "Best Sidekick" award. But he was not one of the 75 best players ever.

He basically benefitted from starting his career on the same team and at the same time as Michael Jordan. There's probably 75 different guys that if the same had happened to them, they'd have had the same number of rings that Scottie Pippen got. And the few timeswhen Pippen wasn't on a team with Jordan, he was good but nothing special.

Dwight Howard, Vince Carter, Bernard King, and Tracy McGrady were all much better players than Pippen.

Note for Scottie Pippen, in case he ever joins the board - "No offense"
    Note for James Worthy, in case he ever joins the board - "This could apply to you, too.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I rarely posted a sports thread, but just thought I'd throw this out there.

I just happened to see the NBA's list of the "NBA Top 75 Players" over its 75 years of existence, and I have to ask this question - what the heck is Scottie Pippen doing on this list?

Scottie Pippen was great defensively and belongs in the NBA Hall of Fame, I will give him those things. I will also give him the "Best Sidekick" award. But he was not one of the 75 best players ever.

He basically benefitted from starting his career on the same team and at the same time as Michael Jordan. There's probably 75 different guys that if the same had happened to them, they'd have had the same number of rings that Scottie Pippen got. And the few timeswhen Pippen wasn't on a team with Jordan, he was good but nothing special.

Dwight Howard, Vince Carter, Bernard King, and Tracy McGrady were all much better players than Pippen.

Note for Scottie Pippen, in case he ever joins the board - "No offense"
    Note for James Worthy, in case he ever joins the board - "This could apply to you, too.
    Lol
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey