Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Which is worse Scientology, Communism or Islam?

I'm not a big fan of studying the particulars of dysfunctional ideologies, but rather identifying which common dysfunctional qualities feed them. While I see some of you focusing on Islam, I notice the damage caused by those who have been conditioned to lose their ability to think critically. This happens under Communism, Corporate America, Islam, Scientology or any religious cult with an authoritarian boss. How do you treat those who are missing the ability to think critically? Can you really hate someone for being mentally maimed? Unfortunately, it's this type of person who does the "dirty work" of their bosses. They simply don't have the wherewithal to question what they have been told to do.

It's hard to describe, but often there's this zombie-like trait that presents itself. This type of person isn't argumentative or even unpleasant.

One memorable example: There was this sugar cane juice stand in Cuba with ice-cold, perfectly harvested juice for 4 cents USD per glass. It had this annoying photo of Fidel Castro prominently displayed. When no one else was around, I asked about this horrid photo. I discovered that displaying such means not being shut down by an inspector. When a bureaucrat's boss wants to shut you down, they can cite a couple of flies near your dirty dishes as "fly infestation". It's the same story all over. If you ask a proprietor with no one else around whether they actually support the Communist party, the most common answer is "I never gave it much thought". That's how it works. They just obey without giving it much thought.
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-29-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.