Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default U.S. Marshals Take Over Search For Parents Of Alleged Mich. School Shooter

This kid needs to fry. No redeeming qualities.

I also have an issue with pops running off on Black Friday and buying a firearm without ensuring his creepy looking kid doesn't have access. I don't consider that responsible gun ownership. The parents' behavior after the fact is a big "Hmmm....".

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 5:34 PM PT – Friday, December 3, 2021

New details have emerged about the days and hours leading up to a deadly shooting at a Michigan high school. Officials said on the day of the shooting, the parents of suspect Ethan Crumbley, came to the school to meet with teachers about multiple behavioral problems the 15-year-old had recently.
    According to Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard, two separate teachers brought up concerns over Crumbley’s behavior in the classroom this week, once on Monday and again on Tuesday, the day of the massacre.
    “We have since learned that the schools did have contact with the student the day before and the day of the shooting for behavior in the classroom that they felt was concerning,” said Bouchard.
    Bouchard went on to say it’s still unclear what was said during that parent-teacher meeting. In the meantime, prosecutors say there is evidence the shooting was planned, pointing to social media posts and other statements made by Crumbley the night before.
    “Judge, a preliminary review of the defendant’s social media accounts, his cell phone, as well as other document evidence recovered on scene, showed that this defendant planned this shooting. He deliberately brought the handgun that day with the intent to murder as many students as he could,” said Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Marc Keast. “Judge, I believe no bond is appropriate.”

Crumbley, who is accused of killing four teenage classmates and wounding seven others, is being tried as an adult. He is facing 24 charges, including four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder, 12 counts of possession of a firearm and one count of terrorism. He is currently being held without bond.
    Meanwhile, the boy’s parents, James and Jennifer Crumbley, have also been charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. Prosecutors announced the charges on Friday, saying the gun used in Tuesday’s shooting appeared to be “freely available” to 15-year-old Crumbley.
    Prosecutors said the parents actions “went far beyond negligence.”
    Upon the announcement of their charges, James and Jennifer Crumbley were deemed missing after failing to surrender at 2 p.m. local time. U.S. Marshals have taken over the search for the two.
    The U.S. Marshal Services announced the Detroit Fugitive Apprehension Team was working in conjunction with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office and FBI in efforts to locate the couple. Police said the parents are still missing and considered fugitives, confirming the parents never spoke with their attorneys before their disappearance.
    This comes despite an earlier report alleging the couple told their attorneys they left town the night of the shooting for “their own safety.”
    Officials said the missing parents turned their phones off and withdrew thousands-of-dollars from an ATM. On Friday, authorities confirmed the two can no longer be tracked due to their phones being turned off.
    Sources couldn’t confirm what time the phones were shut off, but added the couple withdrew $4,000 from an ATM about 15-miles away from Oxford sometime on Friday.

This comes as 17-year-old Justin Shilling passed away at the hospital Wednesday morning, after being shot at Oxford High School near Detroit on Tuesday. Authorities have identified 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin, 16-year-old Tate Myre and 14-year-old Hana Juliana as the other victims who died in the shooting.
    Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer expressed her condolences to the victims and their families.
    “My heart, like any mom or dad in Michigan, is with the parents of Oxford. We all hugged our kids a little tighter yesterday. I know that a lot of us love this time of year when it’s time to gather with family and friends to celebrate for the holidays. For the Oxford community especially, this holiday season will be different. We all have to be there for them in every way that we can, to help them be strong and lift their spirits through our actions,” said Whitmer.
    During a Tuesday, Oakland County Sheriff Bouchard confirmed eight others, including a teacher and Shilling, were injured.
    The shooting happened Tuesday afternoon at Oxford High School in Oakland County, which is about 30-miles north of Detroit. Of the eight injured, three now remain in critical condition, three are in stable condition with various gunshot wounds and the teacher who was shot has been discharged.
    According to preliminary information, the weapon used in the shooting was purchased just last week by the boy’s father. However, his parents have hired an attorney and have not allowed their son to speak to police.
    Prosecutors revealed Jennifer Crumbley texted her son once they were notified of the shooting and noticed the weapon was missing.
    “When the news of the active shooter at Oxford High School had been made public, Jennifer Crumbley texted to her son at 1:22 p.m. ‘Ethan, don’t do it’. At 1:37 p.m., James Crumbley called 911, reporting that a gun was missing from his house, and he believed his son may be the shooter,” said Prosecutor Karen McDonald.
    As the search continues, Bouchard went on to commend his team and the county’s active shooter training while crediting it for saving other lives.
    “I’m extremely proud of the deputies, our partners, the fire department and EMTs for their intervening actions,” he stated. “As I mentioned, I believe they literally saved lives having taken down the suspect with a loaded firearm still in the building.”

A motive for the shooting remains unclear. Meanwhile, a number of vigils were held across the Oxford community Tuesday night following the shooting.
    https://www.oann.com/3-students-kill...hool-shooting/
    Last edited by Gunny; 12-04-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Parents already caught and arraigned. Not sure they'll be convicted, but they are obviously goofy beyond comprehension.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Parents already caught and arraigned. Not sure they'll be convicted, but they are obviously goofy beyond comprehension.
    I would like to see some more facts. Like, what is "readily available"? How do you charge both parents? The person who purchased the firearm is responsible for it. Not everyone he's related to and/or lives in the house.

I'm not on anyone's "side" here. I just don't see a blanket, "the parents" indictment without some evidence they acted in concert. Right?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There was plenty of reason to believe that kid was messed up in the head. The parents being charged for manslaughter is a bridge too far IMHO.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    There was plenty of reason to believe that kid was messed up in the head. The parents being charged for manslaughter is a bridge too far IMHO.
    My oldest granddaughter has some "issues". One being she's bipolar. She's also a sociopath. She could steal a firearm from a gun store as easily as get hold of one at the house.

That being said, she's "been" troubled. For years. Take her here, take her there, she's been in a couple of facilities. They'keep her hopping from one drug to another. She's batshit crazy and just something bad looking for a place to happen. And when it does WHO are they going to blame? Their failure of an institution from the ground up to identify and deal with the problem?

Nope. It'll be my daughter's fault. Easier to blame her than a failed system. Can't call crazy people crazy until someone gets hurt. We've seen it time and again. Sandy Hook. Va Tech. Colorado. It's never the perpetrator's nor the system's faults. The parents suck.
    Last edited by Gunny; 12-04-2021 at 12:37 PM.

8. Thanks Mr. P thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I would like to see some more facts. Like, what is "readily available"? How do you charge both parents? The person who purchased the firearm is responsible for it. Not everyone he's related to and/or lives in the house.

I'm not on anyone's "side" here. I just don't see a blanket, "the parents" indictment without some evidence they acted in concert. Right?
    Obviously the son was troubled. The police/prosecutor originally were trying to make the purchase sound like a straw purchase, but anyone passing the fed inquiry may purchase a gift, certainly a parent. Reputable dealers will discourage firearm gifts, but that is not necessary.

Then was mom taking the son for bonding practice with Christmas gift. Again, not a problem with healthy juvenile, but these problems didn't suddenly appear.

Over the weekend, son videoed and wrote about gun, supposedly some troubling things. Monday a teacher observed him searching on phone for ammo. Reported and parents asked to come in, they chose not to. Mother texted son back saying she wasn't mad, he needed to learn not to get caught.

Tuesday morning a different teacher noticed drawings, one of which was depiction of gun, a person down, lots of blood. The depicted shooter saying to effect, 'the thoughts won't stop, blood everywhere, help me.' There were also expressions of worthlessness and loneliness. Parents were demanded to meet with school officials, BUT police were not notified. The parents agreed to arrange counseling within 48 hours, BUT refused to take him home. Again, the school chose not to notify police, nor did they check backpack or locker. 2 hours later he opened fire.

When mother heard of school shooting, she texted son " Not to do it." Father went to home, gun missing; notified sheriff and lawyered up.

Still not sure how parent charges will hold up. If they do, seems the school should also face charges.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post